TCR Advanced 09 or CAAD9 BB30 ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ant

by Ant

airsoft510 wrote:Cipollini's only won a couple stages of the Tour's on CAAD's. I guess thats not enough.

Has he? Not a Milani or Simone Carlesso?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OJ

by OJ

Heehee...my favorite post so far on this thread is about Cannondale riders being perceived as tougher...well I guess as tough as skinny, leg shaving weenie can be :lol:

But on topic. With solid ~1km riding experience of my brand new TCR Advanced 0, I can assure you that it's pretty frickin' good bike. I'm sure that it will be more comfortable than any of the alu bikes I've ridden before, but I'll find out about that once I get on the road.

Cannondale is a good bike as well. Just not for me.
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Praha19300

by Praha19300

Remember when Indurain retired & seriously pissed off Pinarello by going out & buying a Dale, unfortunately I am old enough to remember the old Dale ads in the back of the Bicycling mag (1980's) when they sold touring bikes & you needed a a beard & a Bell V1Pro to ride one ...just can't get that image out of my head :)

yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

The-boy: That is a thing of beauty!!

As far as weights go: I still own both of these frames if you ever want to come check them out.

2004 TCR ADVANCED T-Mobile bike size medium=1078 grams
2007 CAAD9 regular bb size 54=1206 grams

If you want to get technical the TCR has the derauler hanger built in so the the 128 grams add the difference between a braze on and clamp on Front derailer of your choice so somewhere in the vicinity of 200 grams heavier. I realize the newer TCR's are lighter so the total difference is probably now around a pound, but the CAAD is probably stiffer in the bottom bracket area. Also, the bb30 would save over 100 grams with the SI cranks and they would also be stiffer than any regular cranks you can buy. So you would end up with the CAAD being around 300 grams heavier with stiffer frame and cranks.

The big weight difference between my TCR and my CAAD was the forks, but I solved that by putting one of the older all carbon Cannondale forks on mine that weighs 302 grams cut.
For certain parts stiffer is more important than lighter.

a_avery007

by a_avery007

that any version of caad is stiffer than new tcr advanced sl in bb tt ht or anywhere for that matter.

could be wrong but have check most tour test info and a few other informative sites that measure deflection..

RollinOn27s

by RollinOn27s

a_avery007 wrote:that any version of caad is stiffer than new tcr advanced sl in bb tt ht or anywhere for that matter.

could be wrong but have check most tour test info and a few other informative sites that measure deflection..

Did you skip a couple of words there?

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Something like:

"___ _____ that any version of CAAD is stiffer than new TCR..."

"I doubt"?

or

"I'm sure"?

a_avery007

by a_avery007

read the subject line

lol....

martyh

by martyh

so are the caad with bb30 going to be available as frame only options in the uk does anyone know?

jmsp

by jmsp

If it's about stiffness, here are some values of roadbike.de tests

Alu frames
- Cannondale CAAD9 - http://www.roadbike.de/rennraeder/test- ... latt.9.htm
- Canyon Ultimate AL - http://www.roadbike.de/rennraeder/test- ... latt.9.htm
So, Canyon's alu frame is stiffer than a CAAD9!!!

Carbon frames - 2009 models
- Cannondale Super Six
- Canyon Ultimate CF SLX
- Cervelo R3 SL
- Giant TCR Advanced SL
- Scott Addict R1
http://www.roadbike.de/test/bikes/acht- ... htm?skip=3

Correct me if I'm wrong but I bealive that "treatlagersteifigkeit" is head tube stiffness and "lenkkopfsteifigkeit" goes for bottom bracket stiffness.

The TCR Advanced SL sure is a stiff frame, but I don't know if the TCR Advanced can achieve similar values... or not!

By what I've read, seems that the TCR Advanced SL has a merciless direct steering wich requires a safe/strong hand.

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

jmsp wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I bealive that "treatlagersteifigkeit" is head tube stiffness and "lenkkopfsteifigkeit" goes for bottom bracket stiffness.

You are wrong, it's the opposite, "tretlager" is BB and "lenkkopf" is headtube (and "laufrad" is wheel).

Image . Image
Cannondale CAAD 9 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Canyon Ultimate AL 7.0

Code: Select all

Weight CAAD9  AL7.0
Frame: 1250g  1380g
Fork:   425g   315g
Total: 1675g  1695g

jmsp

by jmsp

You're right... sorry :oops:

kenyoncycleist

by kenyoncycleist

jmg3 wrote:keynon is hating all over the forum, what does he like?

further:

" avg power is around 250 watt, usually ride for 2 to 3 hrs."

the WW board is very caad friendly, maybe even more friendly toward caads than any other cannondale product

The price difference between the giant and the caad9 is not apples to apples....

Get em both and write us a report : )

Time for some more hating lol!! so..umm yea..why do u have running shoes for your avatar on a bike forum? I go in for surgery tmr for my collarbone....guess what im wearing..a bike jersey haha..its the only thing i can get on at the moment other than pants.

Phill P

by Phill P

:back2topic:

DACID

by DACID

I have the 09 TCR Advanced 2 with all Sram Red Groupo and I just got 2010 CAAD9 1 also with all Red Groupo and I think the TCR is just a little. Very little better ride but I really love the Caad9 I just got it a little bit back and maybe just cause its new to me I really like to ride it.. The two bike are amazing and very light. TCR 15.48lbs and the Caad9 15.88 with 2010 AC aero420 wheels @ 1580g so with some lighter wheels prob 15lbs or just under..

You cant got wrong with any.
GET OUR & RIDE!