LOOK 595 sold!!!!!! Welcome Colnago Extreme C

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: maxim809, MrCurrieinahurry, Moderator Team

jmoley

by jmoley

Sold my LOOK 595 frame and transferred my groupset over to this new frame.

Frame admittedly is 2 years old, been hanging from the wall at the LBS. Its untouched, brand new condition, reason for this is that the fork had to be cut during bike building.

Campy Record 2007 groupset
Campy Record threadless headset
Campy Record italian BB
Swisstop yellow pads
Lightweight standard wheels w/ continental GP4000 tires
Selle Italia SLR kit carbon saddle
Cinelli ram jam 2 'bianca' handlebar
Elite moro water cages

Rides like a dream, frame size is T52, center of BB to top of saddle is 70cm.

Enjoy the pictures.

mxfox

by mxfox

Thats ah very nice.....
Ride hard, you can rest when you die!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/mxfox997

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

icculus

by icculus

Very sweet bike. I like the combination of the ram bar with the frame. But why couldn't you get your hands on a set of these?

http://www.cyclingnews.com.au/photos/2005/tour05/tech/?id=bikes4/cntdf05-techcolnago-2

J.v.S.

by J.v.S.

FANTASTIC Bike!!!

If only I could afford a Colnago too... :(

Anyway, enjoy the ride

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

So, are you a Colnago distributor?

You post this here and also posted it over on RBR, and in both the Colnago and Look sub-sites. Hey, all to you on a new bike and all but jeez, are we not getting a little carried away here? :roll:
It only hurts if you think.

bencolem

by bencolem

Iculus - you've shown a pic of the limited edition KOM bike that was produced (about 7 or 10 in total from memory). Biggest giveaway is the single bottle cage mount...

icculus

by icculus

bencolem wrote:Iculus - you've shown a pic of the limited edition KOM bike that was produced (about 7 or 10 in total from memory). Biggest giveaway is the single bottle cage mount...

I know but I was more referring to the custom painted ram bars. Which I understand are rare as well and would not be readily available for jmoley. I thought my sad attempt at a joke was was obvious however I guess not. My bad sense of humor and the inability of the internet to convey sarcasm ruined it.

Regardless the bars are sweet and would look good on this bike.... not that the bike doesnt look good already.

jmoley

by jmoley

Hi gentlemen,

Thank you for the warm words from the bike enthusiasts.

Thank you for the very very warm words from the haters / jealous people.

First and foremost, I'm not a colnago distributor but a bike enthusiast who happened to chance upon this gem of a frame at my LBS and in my size.

I posted both on WW and RBR forums (almost like a spamming post - pardon me) with the same excitement and enthusiasm as bike owners who have posted their eye catching / (read good looking rides) on the forums as well and share it with the world (ok...call me a bike whore...for you haters here!!! haha)

As mentioned, the frame and fork were bought in new condition as the fork was never cut. Admittedly, its been hanging from the wall at a LBS and fork kept in a colnago box for the past 2 years.

The cinelli ram jam 2 handlebar is not a limited edition piece but just a very hard to find handlebar from Cinelli. You want more exclusivity, buy the cinelli handlebar with the el toro, leopard, spider hand painted pieces. Cinelli handlebars are handmade pieces, look at Colnago for Ferrari bikes, some of the marketing materials show a Cinelli handlebar, but production bikes run FSA integrated pieces. Someone try and enlighten me here....WHY??!!!

I still have the campy eurus clincher wheels as my spare set shown on my old LOOK 595.

CHEERS and have a great week ahead.

User Name

by User Name

so, wheels aside, which bike is better? :)

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

Amazing bike jmoley!

Have you ridden it up the summit of Bukit Timah yet? If so, say 'hi' to the long-tailed macaques. Not the ones at the part entrance but those mean ones deep in the forest who throw sticks and rocks every time I go to collect insects.

Hope to see more of your bikes here and on the other sites (^_^)'

Maverick

by Maverick

I love it!

My only other comment is, I see this as one of the few bikes which might actually look better with a black saddle combo with the white bars/tape, as the paint job is just asking for it!

But much love!

rico

by rico

I like Colnagos and used to race them. But I'd take a 595 over pretty much any of the current Colnago line-up. Come to think of it, that's exactly what I did do...

Shamus

by Shamus

That is nice one, enjoy it!

Is that saddle normal SLR kit carbonio?
There is some red on the nose :roll:

UFE

by UFE

KOM, This is the way to climb. Superb nice

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jmoley

by jmoley

ITALIAN vs FRENCH!!!!!

My cryptic answer would be.....

Who makes sports cars the world falls in love with and would die to own?? ITALIAN!!!

I'd choose the COLNAGO over the LOOK any day.

To Shamus,

it is a normal selle italia slr kit carbon saddle.... the LBS had the plain white one, and this saddle with red SLR print and red threads.... figured the red thread trimmings would complement the red KOM dots so I bought it.

To Maverick,

I contemplated a black saddle, but figured I whore it out as a furniture piece at home and on the roads....where I'm a weekend warrior.

To User name,

Just did a 80km ride yesterday.... Came away with a "I'm mighty impressed with the Colnago" smile.

I am not saying the LOOK 595 is any way inferior to the Colnago, but my LOOK 595 was the original frame not the Ultra edition....(in this case, we should be doing a comparison between the Extreme Power - built with more stiffness in BB with the LOOK 595 Ultra - built with more stiffness) vs the extreme C.

On flats, I am so much more confident of my pedal power stroke. The Colnago at speed is so much faster, more stable, yet even more comfortable. The frame seems to be begging me to torture it with more pedal power and if it could talk...probably trash talk me by laughing..."is that all you have son???!!!!! you pansy!!!!"

On climbs, forward up the hill motion are so much more smoother and its transfers every last ounce of energy from BB / pedals to crank to chain rotation to turning of gears.

I only did a frame change, swapped the campy record groupset and wheels from the LOOK 595 over to the Colnago.

Only complain is that the extreme C is about 600g or so more heavier than the LOOK with the same setup. Can't explain why...but I do know the Colnago star carbon fork in my hand felt like it weighed a brick and a half.