remote lockout for fox forks

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cirlam

by cirlam

cnc machined from 3mm thick carbon fibre (from fibre lyte).

The hexagon bit may look a bit too skinny.....but believe me its extremely stiff.

Image[/img]

by Weenie

mf9point8

by mf9point8

where is the image? :?: :?: :?:

GuNKiLLaH
Shop Owner

by GuNKiLLaH

mf9point8 wrote:where is the image? :?: :?: :?:

Where's the rest?
MY YOUTUBE Channel - Helmet Cams, Notubes Working, XC Riding in Brazil.
My 9.050g Epic S-Works with custom paintjob & my CX bike

elephant

by elephant

Which Fox Forks will it work for? There is another thread about the Deef lockout but it only works for RL and RLT. Nice but not helpful for the very common RLC, which I have.

I am really interested in a remote lockout for the RP23. Someone build it so I can pay you.

Rey

by Rey

very very nice job

cirlam

by cirlam

elephant wrote:Which Fox Forks will it work for? There is another thread about the Deef lockout but it only works for RL and RLT. Nice but not helpful for the very common RLC, which I have.

I am really interested in a remote lockout for the RP23. Someone build it so I can pay you.

at the moment, it should work for the RL and RLT forks, like the deefs

major problem with the rlc forks is that the compression adjustment overhangs the hex bit, so i'm not sure what the lockout would sit on...possibly might be able to get rid of the compression adjustment lever(or make a new, smaller profile lever) and install a remote lockout, but obviously depends how vital the compression adjustment is - you could probably find an ideal compression rate and simply take off the lever and leave it...

just need to mess around with a spring now, and the possibility of making a lever for the bars

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

Since the fox lost his "X"^^ they should offer a remote. At least as an option.

elephant

by elephant

I think the remotes are a good idea, but RL are OEM only and RLT or RLX or whatever it is called is no longer made.

And who is making the RP23 remote?

danlate

by danlate

some more pictures. maybe going to make a carbon lockout cap instead of the blue alloy one.

all seems to work ok, just the lever that needs to be made.

cirlam

by cirlam

notice the completely intentional lightening hole :D

danlate

by danlate

cirlam wrote:notice the completely intentional lightening hole :D

haha, i was actually thinking of drilling some more holes!

pcbsdusr

by pcbsdusr

How does the lock return to unlocked state? The original mechanism has no return spring and i haven't seen any in the pictures...

elephant

by elephant

pcbsdusr wrote:How does the lock return to unlocked state? The original mechanism has no return spring and i haven't seen any in the pictures...

I was wondering the same thing. My guess is the lockout action is light enough and the cable is stiff enough that the cable will simply push it back.

We will find out.

kristjan07

by kristjan07

pcbsdusr wrote:How does the lock return to unlocked state? The original mechanism has no return spring and i haven't seen any in the pictures...

Like to know too...maybe make something like that to my fork too if it works great.

by Weenie

cirlam

by cirlam

elephant wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. My guess is the lockout action is light enough and the cable is stiff enough that the cable will simply push it back.

We will find out.

Yup thats the way its working for now. We're going to play around with some springs soon though to get full compression adjustment.