posting weights

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

popawheelie

by popawheelie

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in the weights of the parts I've worked on and am about to put on my bike. I don't have a scale so I have to go to a school to use theirs. If someone wants these weights I'll weight them, otherwise I'll put the bike together and weight the whole thing. The most work I've done is on the derailleurs and the brake calipers. The derailleurs are Campy Record and the brake is Shimano Dura Ace. :shock: :?:

popawheelie

by popawheelie

Maybe i'm not waiting enough time but I'm putting them on. I must build! now if only those cranks would show up! :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cyco

by Cyco

Poppa if the cranks havnt shown up yet, sit down take several deep breaths, and stick the parts on the analytical balance in the chemistry lab. One of the bike shops in the area has one of these (ex industrial chemist) and it makes picking light parts easy (acurate to 1/100g).

popawheelie

by popawheelie

allright I'll weight them tomarow. Someone should be at the school. I'll call the science teacher and get him to open his classroom.

popawheelie

by popawheelie

I weighed the brake and derailleurs. Drum roll please!!! The Dura Ace dual pivot with all the mounting hardware and the brakepads weighed 126 gms.. The Campy record front derailleur with a seat tube clamp ( not a braze-on ) weighed 93 gms.. The rear Campy record weighed 167 gms. Ta daaa!! Now if those cranks would show up!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

popawheelie

by popawheelie

I had to put a little weight back on the rear record derialleur in order to make it work. So 167gms. is under what it is now. I'm guessing that it's 171-173? :roll: