Moderator: Moderator Team
In your home/shop workshop, what size torx keys/wrenches do you have?
At the moment I am stocking a workshop for intermediate/advanced useage, and need to get the tools. perhaps someone is kind enough to make a complete list for me what they have in their workshop. i have a list, but it´s incase I have forgotton something
I keep 2 thru 10mm and some half sizes too in allen keys. I have multiple 4, 5 and sixes since they are the most frequently used and I don't want to have to search for them. I also have a combination set on sockets so I can torque them.
The Torx I have a nut driver combination type set and I have another combination set on sockets so I can use a ratchet.
i am sure i will forget some obvious stuff though
here we go:
- allen keys (all sizes), flat wrench in all sizes too. a big adjustable flat wrench (used mainly for old style cranks)
- another 8mm and 10mm allen key with a big rubber handle.
- flat and philips screwdriver in at least one smallish and one biggish size.
- campy & shimano cassette lockring tools.
- older style crank remover and bb tool (isis, campy..)
- campy UT BB tool.
- shimano external BB tool.
- chain tool.
- cable and housing cutter.
- cable cutter.
- spare cables & housings, cable ends, housing stops.
- montage paste & grease
- tubular glue, tire levers (i used tacx and crank brothers)
- universal degreaser & acetone (tubular glue removal).
- spoke keys
- 24T or 32T hackblade saw + tool for blade alignment.
- crown race installer and remover.
- headset press.
- headset cups remover.
- dry & wet chain lube.
- cleaning stuff :
a big and small soft brush
a small hard brush
chain cleaner product
chain cleaning machine
- electrical tape.
- lots of cable strips in different sizes.
- a metal hollow tube for those jobs that need leverage.
- Similar Topics
- Last post