Cannondale Super six leichtbau

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mikemelbrooks

by mikemelbrooks

I am surprised no one has mentioned this before ? https://www.cannondale.com/en-gb/bikes/ ... d-frameset

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tarmackev

by tarmackev

I like it, not love it. I prefered the EF version. Seems very expensive though.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

This thread shows how much times have changed.
A super light limited edition frame is released and the thread gets no love at all!
Looking at the other threads that are above it shows a HUGE change in cycling, perhaps the demographic of this site as well.

:noidea:

https://www.cannondale.com/en-eu/bikes/ ... d-frameset

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

tarmackev wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:43 pm
A super light limited edition frame is released and the thread gets no love at all!
Looking at the other threads that are above it shows a HUGE change in cycling, perhaps the demographic of this site as well.

Lol in the new frame rumors 2023 thread it was discovered that the weight savings mostly came from reduced paint and maybe from a lighter grade of carbon used. It's also a lightened version of a frame that may be due for an update soon anyway.

Yoln

by Yoln

What changes exactly are you implying that are so HUGE? I can't see any...
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Yoln wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:18 am
What changes exactly are you implying that are so HUGE? I can't see any...
I think he refers to the name of "weight weenies" but people here are more into aero (+ disc brakes) which carries more weight (no news).
It's true, it's way less weight weenism here than what was ....
So, in accordance with what i guess he ment - the leichtbau should carry more appeal ..
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

tarmackev wrote:

Well, i admit i like it! I would probably consider it if i was in for a new all around road bike with disc brakes.
However, as we all know, it would mean shelv a fine frameset and 3 pair of wheels (rim brake).
I would consider a new bike, but at same time i don't know if it's a good idea as it would rival time on a perfectly fine bike.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

njleach

by njleach

wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:52 pm
So, in accordance with what i guess he ment - the leichtbau should carry more appeal ..
The reasons the leichtbau hasn't received huge appeal here on WW have already been noted clearly by @CAAD8FRED:

1. The weight reduction of the leichtbau = the standard SuperSix frame minus the paint, and
2. The current SuperSix model is due for a replacement, so why spend $$$ on a frameset which is soon to be replaced?

Cannondale are just trying to milk as much profit from the last of the current (aging) SuperSix model as possible

Cemicar

by Cemicar

I feel the current SuperSix EVO per se doesn't seem to have attracted the mass, at least compared to the previous two models.

The first one was everybody's favorite and the second one (despite heavier and getting a strange seatpost diameter) was no less good, and I did see many people ride them. The third one however becomes a bike with generic shapes and some of the ugliest head spacers. The guy behind the first two EVOs now belongs to Specialized and creates Aethos, which is a very popular bike.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

mikemelbrooks wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:51 pm
I am surprised no one has mentioned this before ? https://www.cannondale.com/en-gb/bikes/ ... d-frameset
It got a good amount of attention in the 2023 rumor thread.

That the savings came from paint was one person's question that somehow turned to fact the more it was repeated. It may very well be from a new layup, as Cannondale are claiming.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Cemicar wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:26 am
I feel the current SuperSix EVO per se doesn't seem to have attracted the mass, at least compared to the previous two models.

The first one was everybody's favorite and the second one (despite heavier and getting a strange seatpost diameter) was no less good, and I did see many people ride them. The third one however becomes a bike with generic shapes and some of the ugliest head spacers. The guy behind the first two EVOs now belongs to Specialized and creates Aethos, which is a very popular bike.
Peter Denk might be a golden goose of a bike designer, however, personally i don't like the looks of Aethos.

Yeah, i noticed that this S6EVO isn't that popular. But there are always new designs around the corner and hopefully this model has better tolerances than those of the Cannondales there have been complaints about (BB creak). I would guess this version have another layup and hopefully tolerances are more spot on than the unlimited mass produced versions (i expect QC is on another level on these). Rather have a well executed build than the new thing around the corner.
Kind of thinkig a bit on the new Canyon Aeroad which was so long awaited and hyped up, but still it seems to be the most troublesome release so far for Canyon.
These ltd low number bikes hopefully have a bit more going if you catch my drift :-)
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Karvalo

by Karvalo

tarmackev wrote:
As alluded to I think it's more to do with Cannondale being simply not as cool as they're used to be, and that matters.

Plus it's a super Ltd edition bike, 200 worldwide. If it was the new standard retail frameset it probably would get more attention.

TLN

by TLN

Cemicar wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:26 am
Poorly routed cables around headset combined with heavy stock stem that still uses propietary handlebar.
Other brands route cables internally (1 1/2 to 1 1/2 headset IIRC), and most of propietary stems take round handlebars. Same can be said about seatposts, but it seems that we'll end up with frame-specific seatposts anyway.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

^
yeah that is true, but how's any other modern frameset (bike) are different?
Last edited by wheelsONfire on Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

You don't have to use their stem and bar, either

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com