Bowman cycles goes into liquidation

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

overdriven98

by overdriven98

Dov wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:44 pm
Trawling the guys CV on LinkedIn to prove he's incompetant is a bully thing to do. I haven't bothered watching the video but I assume this is what he's doing.
It's call exposing the false, I say he deserve it, when he up sell junk like that could kill someone,
somehow you can justific Bowman's action and find Hambini inmoral? really???

overdriven98

by overdriven98

CarlosTheJackal wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:59 pm
I really don't know how anyone can defend putting a product like that out to a customer. The seat tube wasn't even welded to the bottom bracket completely.

His style might not be your choice but the message he puts out is clear and evidenced.

On this occasion hambini even approached Bowman's owner for comment and he refused.
people don't like truth,thats why cancel cultrue are able to rise, and I'm sure these are the type of people call Snowden and Assange are rat....
Last edited by overdriven98 on Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

overdriven98

by overdriven98

Bowman deserse whatever crap people throwing at them, on the moral scale, Bowman are much lower than Hambini in all dimenasion
and you feel butthurt just expose his cv? these frame can KILL someone! Come on

Dov

by Dov

I don't think anyone is defending Bowman. They can be totally shit, sell a bad product, sell a dangerous product, tell lies, defraud people and everything else that is said about them but... Hambini is still is a dick [or at least pretending to be one for clicks and views].

The two are not mutually exclusive.

I hope those that bought Bowmans don't have any nasty accidents and can find a way to replace their dodgy frames with something better.
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

jaclipse

by jaclipse

Dov wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:02 am
I don't think anyone is defending Bowman. They can be totally shit, sell a bad product, sell a dangerous product, tell lies, defraud people and everything else that is said about them but... Hambini is still is a dick [or at least pretending to be one for clicks and views].

I hope those that bought Bowmans don't have any nasty accidents and can find a way to replace their dodgy frames with something better.
That makes sense. We don't know your train of thought hence the confusion that your response to hambini's video was that he is a bully.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Dov wrote:
Also anti Hambini, but this is one of his more instructional videos ... :unbelievable:

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Dov wrote:
Also anti Hambini, but this is one of his more instructional videos ... :unbelievable:

robertbb

by robertbb

Dov wrote:

You're a massive hypocrite with a hypersensitivity to "bullying".

Shines through in many of your posts. You over react, then accuse others of it. Willing to throw a punch but incapable of taking one.

CarlosTheJackal

by CarlosTheJackal

To give some context. Hambini is calling out a company for selling a frame that can kill someone and dov is calling him a bully? Are you for real?

I agree with robertbb above, I'm all for a reasonable conversation but your views are verging on insanity.

Dov

by Dov

Ok. Hambini is a stand up guy. His intentions are pure and his methods are first class. When he woke that morning his only concern was for the safety or Bowman owners. He left no stone unturned in finding and warning the owners of Bowman frames about the potential issues in their bikes. He has tirelessly and repeatedly campaigned for better products using his knowledge as an aerospace engineer to help and educate the industry.

He's a really wonderful chap and I subscribe and like all his videos.
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

ABogle

by ABogle

My bowman steerer is slighlty ovalised internally. I've been riding it for about 3 months, is that potentially dangerous? It looks a bit like the below image in paint: https://ibb.co/jHww3zz

ABogle

by ABogle

I've also noticed a very large number of them on ebay atm, many of them are listed as new, cautious owners trying to ditch them?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... e&_sacat=0

Singular

by Singular

ABogle wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:01 am
I've also noticed a very large number of them on ebay atm, many of them are listed as new, cautious owners trying to ditch them?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... e&_sacat=0
Nopes, that's most likely from the liquidation sale.

robeambro

by robeambro

There should be a balance - well-spoken (paid or simply friendly) journalists and editors who wax lyrical about an awful product are just as annoying as a foul-mouthed character who exposes that such a product is indeed awful.

I don't like Hambini but If any of the journalists had done some due diligence we wouldn't have needed that video.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Flasher

by Flasher

I can't remember anyone until this point giving Bowman a hard time, the cycling press ran out of superlatives for the bikes!

I know that they are now out of business but if Hambini's video saves someone buying a potential disaster from ebay etc. then that is surely a good thing.

FWIW. I generally like his videos, this one was more considered than usual and even gave the former owner/designer the right to reply, not taken up!