2021 PRO equipment thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Raimundo

by Raimundo

MAMMA MIA!! My eyes!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:30 pm
New Pinarello CX bike tested by Tom Pidcock...

That shouldering kink, besides being ugly, is located where nobody places their shoulder. Well done Pinarello.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Lol its in the perfect spot

C36

by C36

Dan Gerous wrote:It's laughably Pinarelloesque, they just can't get enough gimmicks! :mrgreen:
Arnould (world champion in the 90s) did create a bike (mid 2000s?) with such a feature (using a TT seat tube with the cut for the wheel, as a top tube). It never really took off as concept but I can’t imagine this being a bad idea.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

C36 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:50 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:It's laughably Pinarelloesque, they just can't get enough gimmicks! :mrgreen:
Arnould (world champion in the 90s) did create a bike (mid 2000s?) with such a feature (using a TT seat tube with the cut for the wheel, as a top tube). It never really took off as concept but I can’t imagine this being a bad idea.

Shouldering features are common... from the older Prestige to the Inflite. Even my Rock Lobster has an ovalized section of TT for shouldering. The Prestige did it elegantly while the Inflite and Crossista maybe not so much.

erik$

by erik$

While indeed elegant on the Prestige it is too far back for most riders. The Pinarello feature is very local and it would be interesting to see if it works for a wide span of riders and slight change in bike position on the shoulder.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

robbosmans wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:17 pm
Lol its in the perfect spot
You post pictures that prove my statement? The Pinarello is in the center of the top tube, all those photos show the bike resting about 4/5cm behind the center of the top tube?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

OnTheRivet wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:02 pm

You post pictures that prove my statement? The Pinarello is in the center of the top tube, all those photos show the bike resting about 4/5cm behind the center of the top tube?
Without a notch for the shoulder to brace against, it's logical to assume that the bike will slide forward when carried at that angle. Where their shoulders meet the TT may not be optimal, just a consequence of not having a proper shouldering feature.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

OnTheRivet wrote:You post pictures that prove my statement? The Pinarello is in the center of the top tube, all those photos show the bike resting about 4/5cm behind the center of the top tube?
Confirm you are wrong and move on…

micky

by micky

Nimbl sponsoring Nibali in 2022.
They start to have a wide "range" of pro riders using their shoes.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

They do look very sleek, especially now they use boa dials

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

robbosmans wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:35 pm
They do look very sleek, especially now they use boa dials

I really want to try a pair now that they've made enough shoes for Boa to sell to them. Looks like the shoes have a low instep and big ankle collar. Seems perfect for my foot shape.

micky

by micky

Marketing doing its job as the shoes have been available for years from the actual italian producer with his own brand.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

and who's their manufacturer please ?
verducci ?

a few small italians brand that could be , but not sure so asking.

C36

by C36

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Shouldering features are common... from the older Prestige to the Inflite. Even my Rock Lobster has an ovalized section of TT for shouldering. The Prestige did it elegantly while the Inflite and Crossista maybe not so much.
They are not, at least not on the two frames you mentioned. The canyon is not made to stabilise the bike on the shoulder, it is a horizontal TT (to allow enough space to pass the shoulder) with a lowered seatpost clamp leading to this design. The “smooth” junction with the seat tube is placed way on the back to be really useful to keep the frame more stable over the shoulder.

So yes it looks like if Pinarello caricatured themselves with this frame but it brings something relatively unique.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com