Ciamillo Brakes - Warning!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Karvalo

by Karvalo

eurostar wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:31 pm
As I keep saying, they can't possibly be clones, that would be absurd.
And that statement remains as absurd every time you say it.

ms6073

by ms6073

Karvalo wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:15 pm
eurostar wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:31 pm
As I keep saying, they can't possibly be clones, that would be absurd.
And that statement remains as absurd every time you say it.
While I suspect someone will offer up a reasonably objective review on Youtube pretty soon, realistically whether or not the aftermarket brakes live up to expectations will be up to each and everyone who chooses to order a set. I don't have any irons in this fire one way or another, but seems like Eurostar's brakes were obtained in what I would consider very quick terms from AliExpress and without any of the issues others have complained about when dealing with the brake's namesake in this and numerous other threads, thus, already a win for the consumer!
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Would you think Ted would complain that someone stole his money? Do you really think he could make headways in China to make that right?

I think its wrong to steal someones idea and profit from it, but since it does happen, it cannot happen to a better guy.

eurostar

by eurostar

ms6073 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:30 pm
While I suspect someone will offer up a reasonably objective review on Youtube pretty soon, realistically whether or not the aftermarket brakes live up to expectations will be up to each and everyone who chooses to order a set. I don't have any irons in this fire one way or another, but seems like Eurostar's brakes were obtained in what I would consider very quick terms from AliExpress and without any of the issues others have complained about when dealing with the brake's namesake in this and numerous other threads, thus, already a win for the consumer!
That's what an aliexpress customer from Thailand has said in his review: "Make one direct ordered from the inventor website but received nothing. Only his procrastinate reply and expired tracking number. I get this product in less than a month and no big difference." https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003081042664.html

I've asked the Japanese blogger who wrote about the aliexpress listing to participate in this thread. With a bit of luck we can gather some more buyers here.

Please don't quote Karvalo - I put him on my Foe list so I wouldn't have to read his nonsense.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

ms6073 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:30 pm
Sure. I think Ted Ciamillo's a terrible businessman, habitual conman and thief (even if maybe only out of laziness and incompetence rather than active malice), I certainly wouldn't want to buy a genuine product from him and a Chinese copy might even have more reliable customer service than he does.

However, those are all totally seperate issues to someone insisting that the product they brought from a no name Chinese seller must be genuine because they are so naive as to think there are no dodgy goods on Aliexpress anymore, even though this can be categorically disproved by 5 seconds of searching.

ms6073

by ms6073

Butcher wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:40 pm
Would you think Ted would complain that someone stole his money?
You mean the way he 'stole' his customers money? If he continued to take orders for which he knew he was not be able to deliver, then how is that not stealing?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

MarshMellow

by MarshMellow

eurostar wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:50 pm
The idea of a forum is that you read the threads which interest you. Dickhead.
It's so weird to watch that I found myself doing it repeatedly, wondering if it was an optical illusion.
RimClencher wrote:
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:56 am
That's your own fault for riding with no clothes on.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Stealing is stealing. IF the Chinese stole his idea and is making money on that, that is wrong, but karma can be a bitch.

eurostar

by eurostar

@RichCH How are yours working out? I still have just the front one fitted. I used it in the rain yesterday with carbon rims, and it was very good. Almost as good as in the dry.

joejack951

by joejack951

Butcher wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:58 am
Stealing is stealing. IF the Chinese stole his idea and is making money on that, that is wrong, but karma can be a bitch.
If the mechanical or stylistic design of these calipers is not patented no ‘stealing’ (in the legal sense) is occurring.

joejack951

by joejack951

Butcher wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:58 am
If the mechanical or stylistic design of these calipers is not patented no ‘stealing’ (in the legal sense) is occurring.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Yes, but if you take money and intentionally never give them the part they ordered, that it, in a legal sense, stealing.

Hellgate

by Hellgate

Mine arrived.ImageImageImage

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Photoshopped! :D

Common people, it's a joke. I'm glad it worked out for you. What's the saying????? Oh yeah, even a blind squirrel gets a nut.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joejack951

by joejack951

Butcher wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:19 am
Yes, but if you take money and intentionally never give them the part they ordered, that it, in a legal sense, stealing.
Of course. Ted definitely has been guilty of stealing (per what I've read over and over). The Alibaba copies of his product are not stealing unless someone can find some patent documents proving otherwise.