Feedback on SRAM RED XG-1190 11-SPEED running with shimano

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

shotgun1

by shotgun1

I've used SR11-Red-DA 11s cassettes interchangeably between wheels and bikes across brands. No real discernible difference except for a slighty noisier Red cassette
2021 Giant TCR Advanced SL0 Disc 6.8kg
2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Disc 7.9kg
2017 Festka Scalatore 5.375kg

Original account [shotgun]: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10594

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

BDoP is probably even way worse than the 1190.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

recoilfx

by recoilfx

The BDop 11-28 one piece I tried about 2 years ago was absolute crap. Super noisy (that it doens't sound normal, and I'm used to loud noise from wax chains), doesn't shift right at all with my 9070 derailleur. Chucked it after a few rides.

I don't know if they had updated it or I got a dud, but I don't trust BDop for cassttes anymore.

Lukus

by Lukus

recoilfx wrote:The BDop 11-28 one piece I tried about 2 years ago was absolute crap. Super noisy (that it doens't sound normal, and I'm used to loud noise from wax chains), doesn't shift right at all with my 9070 derailleur. Chucked it after a few rides.

I don't know if they had updated it or I got a dud, but I don't trust BDop for cassttes anymore.
Doh. I just ordered one. I’ll report on how it went. Hopefully a dud. Guess we will see.

sigma

by sigma

Lukus wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:00 am
Hi, I'm in the process of building up a Ridley helium slx with shimano da-9100 groupset.

It is a ww build at heart with some compromises using existing kit. I was thinking of getting a sram red cassette to lower the weight of the build relative to the current ultegra cassette.

I've seen threads around this before and people have mentioned issues with indexing. From your experience are they isolated issues or is shifting quality a compromise that I would have to take.

Any recent experience appreciated.

Thanks
I run SRAM cassettes (11-32) on all my bikes in the mountains and most of them are Shimano drive trains with either 11 or 12 speed chains. No issues whatsoever. Shifting under pressure (10+% grades with my 78kg of weight) has been flawless.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

jackie

by jackie

ye u can use sram 11spd cassette with Di2 Groupset. I used that on my helium SLX disc build before just to make the bike lighter.
PRetty much 11spd cassette can be interchange with shimano/ Sram/ Campy. although purist will hate me . they do shift . as for wear/ tear i havnt worn them out or seen any pre mature wear.

simoncx

by simoncx

I ran the sram 1190 with di2 and shifting was ok, definitly a bit slower but it was the weird noisy sound which I couldn't stand. Been using campy or shimano cassettes with the 11spd di2 and cant tell the difference, both work really well.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Lukus wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:12 pm
recoilfx wrote:The BDop 11-28 one piece I tried about 2 years ago was absolute crap. Super noisy (that it doens't sound normal, and I'm used to loud noise from wax chains), doesn't shift right at all with my 9070 derailleur. Chucked it after a few rides.

Doh. I just ordered one. I’ll report on how it went. Hopefully a dud. Guess we will see.

There are other threads with nothing but good things to say about Bdop. Did you get the steel one? Alloy won't last very long

Lukus

by Lukus

Yes went for steel. Hopefully it will be good. Will let you know

Luften

by Luften

Isn't that basically the same weight as the DA cassette? I.e. why bother? Just the freehub body engagement? I would have thought it's really only worth it for the weight savings, which would mean the alloy version..?

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

There's something magical about a Shimano cassette. Just because an aftermarket cassette looks like a well made cassette it doesn't mean it'll shift like a Shimano cassette.

choochoo46

by choochoo46

Not to hijack the thread, but I have the reverse... a full Red 22 mechanical groupset and an Ultegra chain. It's my first SRAM groupset whereas all my other bikes have been 105 or Ultegra. I haven't been able to fully dial in the indexing. Shifting is slower vs. my Ultegra bike and is noisier on the largest cogs.

Anyone have any experience with that combo?

I'm using an Ultegra chain because I had an extra already and from the reviews I've read seems to be the best price / weight / durability combo. And chains are expensive now!

Weasel

by Weasel

choochoo46 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:26 am
Not to hijack the thread, but I have the reverse... a full Red 22 mechanical groupset and an Ultegra chain. It's my first SRAM groupset whereas all my other bikes have been 105 or Ultegra. I haven't been able to fully dial in the indexing. Shifting is slower vs. my Ultegra bike and is noisier on the largest cogs.

I'm using an Ultegra chain because I had an extra already and from the reviews I've read seems to be the best price / weight / durability combo. And chains are expensive now!
Is that with a Shimano or SRAM cassette though?

choochoo46

by choochoo46

Weasel wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:30 am
choochoo46 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:26 am

Is that with a Shimano or SRAM cassette though?
SRAM Red 22 cassette... I have the full Red 22 groupset except ee brakes.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:27 am
There's something magical about a Shimano cassette. Just because an aftermarket cassette looks like a well made cassette it doesn't mean it'll shift like a Shimano cassette.
No one ever claimed you can predict shifting based on pictures. BDop has a lot of positive reviews in a few other WW threads from people who own it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com