Virus And Riding.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Locked
Andrew69
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:52 am
Location: ɹǝpunuʍop

by Andrew69

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:58 am
I refuse to take a COVID hoax vaccine made for humans, but INJECT ME WITH SUMMADAT HORSE/COW/PIG DEWORMING MEDICINE...even though it's a hoax.
Lol, who's the sheep now?

ico
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:20 pm
Location: on the border

by ico

Mr.Gib wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:54 pm
ico wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:33 am
You just said that again, no need to quote the above post.

Vaccination, masks, lockdowns and all restriction are the reason that:
Italy is empty and silent. Zero tourists, only Italians checking out their own country and very few at that. Normally this area would be swarming with busloads of tourists at this time of year. Roads are empty and silent, town squares are nearly deserted. People are noticeably subdued and a little sad relative to my other times in Italy. It's a bit heartbreaking.
Is it not clear that I am commenting, reporting, etc. on restrictions, not advocating them? Perhaps it's best not to respond to my posts. I assume English is not your first language - respect - it means you speak at least one more language than I do. But this forum happens to be in English so... either that or you lack the congnitive resources to distinguish between advocacy and simple commentary. I'll leave it to you to sort which it is.

Wait a minute... it just dawned on me that you think vaccination is a restriction. Holy crap. I get it now. Haha, if I am correct, you are lost dude. I'll even make this easy for you. You have my official blessing to not be restricted to getting vaccinated and to prance about enjoying your unrestricted life free from gov't tyranny. It's just that easy, you can stop worrying now. :P And I also grant you freedom from the restrictions of brushing your teeth and bathing - two other health measures that reduce disease. As for risk, a lot more people will die bathing than from any vaccine. You will smell bad, but I probably just saved your life. :lol:
It is clear as a day that you were advocating these restrictions. You don't have arguments, so you start personal attacks. These personal attacks of my english language skills on an internationally based cycling forum are for laugh and nothing more then easilly recognizable manipulative tactics of master liars. First it was “What are you talking about?” and now “I didn’t say that.” kind of tactic.

You are calling whole nations stupid, that is horribly arrogant. How can you? Weigh your words.

I’m glad you got it now that the vaccination is a restriction. As well as masks and lockdowns. It is obvious.

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



basilic
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:05 am
Location: Geneva, Switzerland

by basilic

To get back on the topic of "virus and riding", what I see is business as usual. I have crossed Swiss borders multiple times this year (Fance, Italy) and noone ever checked anything. Local traffic is as it's always been. I do carry a covid certificate and a mask just in case.
The golden age of car free roads - March-April 2020 - is gone for good. The only remnants are in the city, as some of the additional bike lanes put in place during the lockdown have been maintained.

User avatar
Miller
Posts: 2781
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: Reading, UK

by Miller

basilic wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:37 am
The golden age of car free roads - March-April 2020 - is gone for good.
It was fantastic, and here in UK, coincided with some unusually dry and sunny weather. I am glad I experienced those car-free roads, it made road cycling joyous.

User avatar
Mr.Gib
Posts: 5603
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Location: eh?

by Mr.Gib

ico wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:50 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:54 pm
ico wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:33 am
You just said that again, no need to quote the above post.

Vaccination, masks, lockdowns and all restriction are the reason that:
Italy is empty and silent. Zero tourists, only Italians checking out their own country and very few at that. Normally this area would be swarming with busloads of tourists at this time of year. Roads are empty and silent, town squares are nearly deserted. People are noticeably subdued and a little sad relative to my other times in Italy. It's a bit heartbreaking.
Is it not clear that I am commenting, reporting, etc. on restrictions, not advocating them? Perhaps it's best not to respond to my posts. I assume English is not your first language - respect - it means you speak at least one more language than I do. But this forum happens to be in English so... either that or you lack the congnitive resources to distinguish between advocacy and simple commentary. I'll leave it to you to sort which it is.

Wait a minute... it just dawned on me that you think vaccination is a restriction. Holy crap. I get it now. Haha, if I am correct, you are lost dude. I'll even make this easy for you. You have my official blessing to not be restricted to getting vaccinated and to prance about enjoying your unrestricted life free from gov't tyranny. It's just that easy, you can stop worrying now. :P And I also grant you freedom from the restrictions of brushing your teeth and bathing - two other health measures that reduce disease. As for risk, a lot more people will die bathing than from any vaccine. You will smell bad, but I probably just saved your life. :lol:
It is clear as a day that you were advocating these restrictions. You don't have arguments, so you start personal attacks. These personal attacks of my english language skills on an internationally based cycling forum are for laugh and nothing more then easilly recognizable manipulative tactics of master liars. First it was “What are you talking about?” and now “I didn’t say that.” kind of tactic.

You are calling whole nations stupid, that is horribly arrogant. How can you? Weigh your words.

I’m glad you got it now that the vaccination is a restriction. As well as masks and lockdowns. It is obvious.
You do realize I just spent weeks travelling intenationally (trans-continentally in fact) for cycling while my government is advising against non-essential travel and you conclude that I'm the guy who is in favour of restrictions? Now exactly what conclusion am I to draw about your intellect? And I contributed $20,000 grand to the tourism industry in the process. And it's not like any of this adventure was without risk. We could have tested positive for covid and ended up in a two week quarantine somehwere, our entire expenditure was at risk - so many unknowns but we went for it. What have you done to demonstrate your courageous resistance to restrictions? And hiding in your parents basement to avoid getting vaccinated doesn't count. And one final question - are you Bulgarian?

Perhaps I'm dillusional but I feel like I am just crushing it in this thread. :P
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Orbital
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:52 am
Location: Pitt Meadows, BC

by Orbital

Amazing. All the freedom to make the choice, but complete refusal to accept the consequences. We truly are living in the golden age of stupid. Bask in it fellas.

spud
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:52 am

by spud

^ true. People are fighting hard for the right to be willfully ignorant, and make others pay when the bill comes due. I read a story about an Afghanistan veteran in Texas who died from prostatitis (apparently a very treatable condition) because all the local beds were occupied with COVID patients. By the time healthcare workers finally found a bed for him hours away from his residence, he was gone. So sad.

ico
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:20 pm
Location: on the border

by ico

Mr.Gib wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:45 pm
ico wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:50 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:54 pm
ico wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:33 am
You just said that again, no need to quote the above post.

Vaccination, masks, lockdowns and all restriction are the reason that:

Is it not clear that I am commenting, reporting, etc. on restrictions, not advocating them? Perhaps it's best not to respond to my posts. I assume English is not your first language - respect - it means you speak at least one more language than I do. But this forum happens to be in English so... either that or you lack the congnitive resources to distinguish between advocacy and simple commentary. I'll leave it to you to sort which it is.

Wait a minute... it just dawned on me that you think vaccination is a restriction. Holy crap. I get it now. Haha, if I am correct, you are lost dude. I'll even make this easy for you. You have my official blessing to not be restricted to getting vaccinated and to prance about enjoying your unrestricted life free from gov't tyranny. It's just that easy, you can stop worrying now. :P And I also grant you freedom from the restrictions of brushing your teeth and bathing - two other health measures that reduce disease. As for risk, a lot more people will die bathing than from any vaccine. You will smell bad, but I probably just saved your life. :lol:
It is clear as a day that you were advocating these restrictions. You don't have arguments, so you start personal attacks. These personal attacks of my english language skills on an internationally based cycling forum are for laugh and nothing more then easilly recognizable manipulative tactics of master liars. First it was “What are you talking about?” and now “I didn’t say that.” kind of tactic.

You are calling whole nations stupid, that is horribly arrogant. How can you? Weigh your words.

I’m glad you got it now that the vaccination is a restriction. As well as masks and lockdowns. It is obvious.
You do realize I just spent weeks travelling intenationally (trans-continentally in fact) for cycling while my government is advising against non-essential travel and you conclude that I'm the guy who is in favour of restrictions? Now exactly what conclusion am I to draw about your intellect? And I contributed $20,000 grand to the tourism industry in the process. And it's not like any of this adventure was without risk. We could have tested positive for covid and ended up in a two week quarantine somehwere, our entire expenditure was at risk - so many unknowns but we went for it. What have you done to demonstrate your courageous resistance to restrictions? And hiding in your parents basement to avoid getting vaccinated doesn't count. And one final question - are you Bulgarian?

Perhaps I'm dillusional but I feel like I am just crushing it in this thread. :P
Oh you feel like you saved “deserted” Italy with your trip?

If you accept masks, lockdowns and vaccination as a solution for the whole populations, not just for the high risk groups, you are clearly in favour of these restrictions. Since you are vaccinated you support vaccination. Now I got it. You think that the vaccination is the freedom. Oh dear..

You feel like you have the right to comment on someone else intelect? Why? Because you get the vaccine and feel like a rebel travelling to Italy for cycling? You must be completely brain washed then. Btw. why are you vaccinted with experimental vaccines? Have you been forced to do so due to work? You can get Covid either. You can spread virus vaccinated or unvaccinated - confirmed by CDC. Or are you over 70y with many comorbidities? I thought you are middle aged, you do sports and you are in good health conditions, hence the risk is very low, something like 0,3% by WHO.


“Hiding in my parents basement”? You are really funny guy… My parents are in their 80s with more common sense then you have. Of course as a risk group they are fully vaccinated. And no, we are not Bulgarians. Does it means I can call them stupid like you did? Utterly arrogant.

spud
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:52 am

by spud

^ you have made the decision, individually, to take your chances with COVID. After all, the individual fatality rate is not that high. This, despite the fact that Medical Doctors, the people who spent 4 years in medical school and years afterwards learning medicine to treat and control disease, are almost universally recommending vaccination, and masking up. The same people whose hippocratic oath is "first, do no harm". Unlike politicians who have weaponized preventative health under the moniker of "freedom".

Collectively, anti vax denialism has brought untold stress onto the healthcare system, and healthcare workers who routinely give the "time to say goodbye to your family" talk to people in critical care who could have easily avoided the whole thing. That might not phase you. However, anti vaxxers have served as a potent reservoir for mutations, and there's a very real chance that Delta is NOT the end of the line for COVID, and there could quite possibly be something worse on the horizon. And at some point, overwhelmed healthcare workers with ANY options may say "I can't do this anymore, I'm done".

If an "acceptable" solution to COVID happens (there's a snake venom enzyme that shows promise binding to COVID receptors), it will happen because of scientists, not F-ing Joe Rogan and his wormer meds.

mdeth1313
Posts: 2070
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:38 am
Location: Dutchess County, NY

by mdeth1313

spud wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:03 pm
^ you have made the decision, individually, to take your chances with COVID. After all, the individual fatality rate is not that high. This, despite the fact that Medical Doctors, the people who spent 4 years in medical school and years afterwards learning medicine to treat and control disease, are almost universally recommending vaccination, and masking up. The same people whose hippocratic oath is "first, do no harm". Unlike politicians who have weaponized preventative health under the moniker of "freedom".

Collectively, anti vax denialism has brought untold stress onto the healthcare system, and healthcare workers who routinely give the "time to say goodbye to your family" talk to people in critical care who could have easily avoided the whole thing. That might not phase you. However, anti vaxxers have served as a potent reservoir for mutations, and there's a very real chance that Delta is NOT the end of the line for COVID, and there could quite possibly be something worse on the horizon. And at some point, overwhelmed healthcare workers with ANY options may say "I can't do this anymore, I'm done".

If an "acceptable" solution to COVID happens (there's a snake venom enzyme that shows promise binding to COVID receptors), it will happen because of scientists, not F-ing Joe Rogan and his wormer meds.
:exactly: Maybe add in (for the anti-vaxx folks) stay the f--- home if you do need medical attention for covid. Make your bed and lie in it!
Speedplay is the devil!

User avatar
Mr.Gib
Posts: 5603
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Location: eh?

by Mr.Gib

spud wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:03 pm
However, anti vaxxers have served as a potent reservoir for mutations, and there's a very real chance that Delta is NOT the end of the line for COVID, and there could quite possibly be something worse on the horizon.
Too late, we now have the Lambda variant:
"Lambda carries a "number of mutations," according to the WHO, which may make it more transmissible or resistant to neutralizing antibodies." https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/the-lamb ... -1.6093411

and there is Mu or B.1.621 as well.
I'm afraid the current state of affairs will be the new normal for some time.

And neither Joe Rogan nor my dog have worms, so we have that going for us, which is nice.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Maddie
Posts: 1544
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:44 am

by Maddie

Where I live, 30-40% of intensive care beds are taken by covid patients. 90% of those are not vaccinated. Youngest patients in their early twenties. On the other hand, my father needed knee surgery but it was postponed because it was not life threatening and the hospital didn't have the capacity to do it. This is Switzerland.
Good friend of mine spent 4 or 5 weeks in IC last year because of covid. 35, did lots of sport, healthy diet, no medication, no illnesses. He pulled through, but after taking the stairs for 10 seconds, he's still out of breath. It sucks if you belong to the minority that can be hit hard by covid even with good health. There was no vaccination back then.
I don't know any country where vaccination is mandatory. Everyone can choose. Same with speed limits. You are free to neglect them but there are possible consequences (ticket or accident).

spud
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:52 am

by spud

^ Vax/COVID deniers externalize the cost of their decision - they pass the disease to others more frequently, and if they happen to get sick, they rely on the "medical industrial complex" to save their asses, while passing the costs off to the general population.

I wonder how some of these same people would feel about a "baller" infecting their wife/sister/daughter with venereal disease, or worse HIV, during consensual sex, because he likes having a good time.

User avatar
Mr.Gib
Posts: 5603
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Location: eh?

by Mr.Gib

mandatory vaccination in Italy. :shock:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/a ... -vaccines/

With a majority of the population in most places in favour, it's coming to a neighbourhood near you.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

ico
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:20 pm
Location: on the border

by ico

spud wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:03 pm
^ you have made the decision, individually, to take your chances with COVID. After all, the individual fatality rate is not that high. This, despite the fact that Medical Doctors, the people who spent 4 years in medical school and years afterwards learning medicine to treat and control disease, are almost universally recommending vaccination, and masking up. The same people whose hippocratic oath is "first, do no harm". Unlike politicians who have weaponized preventative health under the moniker of "freedom".

Collectively, anti vax denialism has brought untold stress onto the healthcare system, and healthcare workers who routinely give the "time to say goodbye to your family" talk to people in critical care who could have easily avoided the whole thing. That might not phase you. However, anti vaxxers have served as a potent reservoir for mutations, and there's a very real chance that Delta is NOT the end of the line for COVID, and there could quite possibly be something worse on the horizon. And at some point, overwhelmed healthcare workers with ANY options may say "I can't do this anymore, I'm done".

If an "acceptable" solution to COVID happens (there's a snake venom enzyme that shows promise binding to COVID receptors), it will happen because of scientists, not F-ing Joe Rogan and his wormer meds.
I agree, everyone should make the decision individually more so about his/her health. I also think that multiple governments now take Covid as an everyone individual medicine problem. Neighbouring Austria, PM said: "It is changing from an acute challenge for society as a whole to an individual medical problem,”. Similar position took earlier Singapore, GB and few others.

I disagree that doctors almost universally recommending vaccination. That’s simply not true and we have many statments that point-out the negatives too. The some opinion you can get about possible mutations, where you can read the opposite about who is the “reservoir of mutations”, from very reputable doctors and scientists. Vaccinated people are now less tested, so it makes sense that vaccinated people spread the virus more frequently.

The vaccines on their own won’t solve the problem, that’s the general consensus I think and the venom enzyme you mention and I too read about if you mean this https://www.jci.org/articles/view/149236/pdf is the confimation, that not all scientists nor doctors are in consent with vaccination as it is presented.

In the end we should respect each other opinion and decision and not name everyone else stupid… nor antivaxxers. I respect and recommend vaccines for all risk groups, but we all should took our responsibility to take care of our health as we know who is at higher risk of developing serious illness from Covid.

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



Locked