2021 BMC Teammachine

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

check6

by check6

ccie6872 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:45 pm
check6 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:07 pm
Apologies if this has been covered, but does anybody know of a Garmin mount option for there ICS bars on the TM? My SLR01 shows up at my door in a few hours and comes with the BMC mount, but I would like one that allows for a Go Pro/light mount underneath and I don't think the BMC version allows for that from the pictures I have seen.

Also, MAN does this thing come with stack! My dealer sent a picture and I think I'm going to need to cut off a few inches to get it down to my fit!
I had the exact same scenerio and K-edge worked perfect, you will need different bolts but I found them at the local hardware store:

https://k-edge.com/shop/computer-mounts ... mbo-mount/
Thanks! The K-edge website says not to use different bolts, rather use washers if needed. Are you saying the original bolts were too short then? also, you wouldn't happen to have the size you purchased to hit the easy button for me?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

check6

by check6

Now that I have a few rides in on the TM, I have to say very nice bike. The quality is evident at first look and the ride confirms that too. The bike also has much better front end stiffness over any other bike I've run (Bianchi Infinito, Cervelo S3, and my "old" model Canyon Aeroad). That said, the Teammachine is noticeably slower than the Canyon. I know there are many variables and a scientific comparison may say different, but I'm still going to need to pull the old Aeroad out for faster rides. The difference is that noticeable. Bummer.

superyeho

by superyeho

Hinloopen wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:39 am
Hi all, I'm the guy who did the industrial design and the 3D modeling for the 2021 Teammachine SLR01 and SLR. I'm a long time lurker, and I thought I'd weigh in on the latest few comments, so that there is no misunderstanding. The reason the rear tire clearance on sizes 58 and 61 is much more than on the smaller sizes, is because the seat stays are angled further up: their attachment point to the seat tube is higher. A circular tire, a linear seat tube which as a result moves away from said tire, and a higher attachment point mean that the seat stays are effectively longer than on the sizes 47-51 and 54-56, and thus farther apart when they pass the tire. So please don't assume just because you see a 10mm gap between tire and seat stay on a 58 or 61 frame, that you can go wider with the wheels or larger with the tires on any other frame size, or even on the fork. Hope you guys are all enjoying the bikes!
Does it mean that the 51 won´t be able to accommodate 30mm as stated? I have the 2019 model and can barely fit gp4 season 28 tires (specially on the rear, they fit but are very tight)
that model was specced to 28mm max
For me , having the option to go with a 28 tire (blows up to 30 or so , no?) would be very helpful
Anyone here with a 51cm frame (2021) can confirm?
thanks

mark0411

by mark0411

Hi,

Can anyone help to recommended a direct-drive/off wheel trainer that is compatible for this bike? Ideally something that is plug and play and that doesnt cost a much since it will only be use during this lock-down

Thanks in advance!

Hinloopen

by Hinloopen

superyeho wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:59 pm
Hinloopen wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:39 am
Hi all, I'm the guy who did the industrial design and the 3D modeling for the 2021 Teammachine SLR01 and SLR. I'm a long time lurker, and I thought I'd weigh in on the latest few comments, so that there is no misunderstanding. The reason the rear tire clearance on sizes 58 and 61 is much more than on the smaller sizes, is because the seat stays are angled further up: their attachment point to the seat tube is higher. A circular tire, a linear seat tube which as a result moves away from said tire, and a higher attachment point mean that the seat stays are effectively longer than on the sizes 47-51 and 54-56, and thus farther apart when they pass the tire. So please don't assume just because you see a 10mm gap between tire and seat stay on a 58 or 61 frame, that you can go wider with the wheels or larger with the tires on any other frame size, or even on the fork. Hope you guys are all enjoying the bikes!
Does it mean that the 51 won´t be able to accommodate 30mm as stated? I have the 2019 model and can barely fit gp4 season 28 tires (specially on the rear, they fit but are very tight)
that model was specced to 28mm max
For me , having the option to go with a 28 tire (blows up to 30 or so , no?) would be very helpful
Anyone here with a 51cm frame (2021) can confirm?
thanks
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Every frame size will accomodate 30mm tires. If you look closely at the 51 and 47... Like, really closely... You can see a very subtle bend in the seat stays around the widest point of the tire. It's nearly invisible. It wouldn't be acceptable to compromise this on the smaller frames.

ODC

by ODC

Changed my S-works Tarmac SL7 for this beautiful BMC SLR01 with full Campagnolo spec. Was a totally build up.

Some bike specs:
- Frameset: BMC SLR01 size 58 in the team colors
- Handlebar: BMC ICS carbon team handlebar 140mm length and 40mm width
- Saddle: Fizik Antares R1 carbon wide version
- Groupset: Campagnolo Super Record
- Wheels: Campagnolo Bora Ultra WTO 45mm
- Powermeter: power2max campagnolo
- Pedals: Shimano dura ace (I know Shimano combined with Campagnolo is not done but I love Shimano pedals)
- Computer: Wahoo Element Bolt V2
- Weight: still need to do this!

Some measurements:
- Saddle height (center bottom bracket-top saddle): 81.5cm
- Saddle setback (center bottom bracket- tip saddle): 9cm
- Reach (tip saddle-middle handlebar): 64cm
- Drop: +-13cm
Attachments
IMG-4168.JPG

Pukutis

by Pukutis

ODC wrote:Changed my S-works Tarmac SL7 for this beautiful BMC SLR01 with full Campagnolo spec. Was a totally build up.

Some bike specs:
- Pedals: Shimano dura ace (I know Shimano combined with Campagnolo is not done but I love Shimano pedals)

Some measurements:
Could you let us know your impression vs. sl7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

ODC wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:44 am
Changed my S-works Tarmac SL7 for this beautiful BMC SLR01 with full Campagnolo spec. Was a totally build up.

Some bike specs:

Some measurements:
Wow... your bike looks amazing and it is specced beautifully! May I ask you how you got your hands on a 140-40 cockpit? Is this a team issue cockpit with limited availability?

ODC

by ODC

Pukutis wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:55 am

My first impression of the bike are:
- front end is stiff but very comfortable. I live in Belgium, in the hearth of Flanders, so a lot bad roads and cobbles but the handlebar absorbs is very good. On my SL7, with the aerofly 2 bar, I felt the bumps much more.
- Quick and responsive bike. on al those little hills here the bike feels quick. In my opinion more responsive and I feel a quicker accelarating then on the SL7.
- The SL7 looks en feels a bit more aero on higher speeds.

ODC

by ODC

nulldreiundreissig wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:14 pm
Wow... your bike looks amazing and it is specced beautifully! May I ask you how you got your hands on a 140-40 cockpit? Is this a team issue cockpit with limited availability?
In Belgium you can order the 140-40 cockpit at any BMC dealer. You can find this cockpit on the BMC website.

Pukutis

by Pukutis

ODC wrote:
Pukutis wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:55 am

My first impression of the bike are:
- front end is stiff but very comfortable. I live in Belgium, in the hearth of Flanders, so a lot bad roads and cobbles but the handlebar absorbs is very good. On my SL7, with the aerofly 2 bar, I felt the bumps much more.
- Quick and responsive bike. on al those little hills here the bike feels quick. In my opinion more responsive and I feel a quicker accelarating then on the SL7.
- The SL7 looks en feels a bit more aero on higher speeds.
Thanks, very interesting. Which wheels did you have on the sl7? Bora?

I have the bmc slr01 and i am also very pleased with it. What for me makes the difference is a good wheelset and secondly, the right bike set up of the rider (biomecanics).

dkvbiker

by dkvbiker

ODC wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:44 am

Some bike specs:

Some measurements:
nice build. Did you get it the weight yet?

slake21

by slake21

I'd love to get a 120/40 cockpit but that seems to be no option at all

MBak2034

by MBak2034

I'm thinking of swapping my Focus Izalco Max Disc 2019 (Ultegar Di2) spec for ra 2021 Teammachine SLR01 frameset but also considering SL7 or a Canyon Ultimate CFR - anyone got any notes on this particular comparison?

Badstoob

by Badstoob

I'm considering either the teammachine four or roadmachine four with SRAM Rival ETAP AXS and was wondering if you could later fit the fully integrated bar/stem from the 01 model for a more clean look?

I am also unsure whether I should just wait for the new 12sp Ultegra Di2 models as that would mean swapping wheels would be easier. I haven't tried a SRAM equipped bike but a colleague at work swears by ETAP.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com