Crux 2021

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

gwerziou

by gwerziou

Extra bottle mounts on a cross bike is a bad idea, says this CX guy. At that point just create a new model of adventure bike. Even having the current mounts is a pretty generous nod towards generalized use. I would guess that slightly improved tire clearance and a threaded bottom bracket are most likely, along with a slight remodel of the seatpost clamp, which is a bit of a flaky design in the current model.
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

niklasp

by niklasp

Anyhow it will start at like 5 grand for a apex bike so maybe I'll just buy a Vitus 😁.

rothwem

by rothwem

gwerziou wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:21 pm
Extra bottle mounts on a cross bike is a bad idea, says this CX guy. At that point just create a new model of adventure bike. Even having the current mounts is a pretty generous nod towards generalized use.
Yeah, but bottle bosses add, what, 20 grams? I'd be really surprised if they marketed a "gravel race" Crux without bosses on the underside of the downtube. I'm sure someone makes plastic plugs to cut the grams from the bolts too. Sorry man, but gravel is way cooler than CX right now 8)
gwerziou wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:21 pm
I would guess that slightly improved tire clearance and a threaded bottom bracket are most likely, along with a slight remodel of the seatpost clamp, which is a bit of a flaky design in the current model.
And oh yeah, that *f##k* seat clamp. We (me and the clamp) fought a lot when I first got my bike, and now we're in detent. I don't touch the seat clamp, and it doesn't slip. I had planned to upgrade my seatpost, but now there's no way I'm messing with it. I almost ditched the bike after it slipped on every ride for the first month.

nateners

by nateners

Any updates as to when we'll see the new model? Trying to decide wether to wait it out or not(try and find a used one).

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

UCI Cross season starts mid October, so a launch before September would be unlikley in my opinion
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

gwerziou

by gwerziou

I saw earlier mention on this thread of June/July release.

BenSiskri

by BenSiskri

rothwem wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:26 pm

Yeah, but bottle bosses add, what, 20 grams? I'd be really surprised if they marketed a "gravel race" Crux without bosses on the underside of the downtube. I'm sure someone makes plastic plugs to cut the grams from the bolts too. Sorry man, but gravel is way cooler than CX right now 8)
As a CX fan, I should disagree - but Gravel is such a wide spectrum, and is more relevant to the manufacturers. In fact, some manufacturers don't even offer a CX bike. CX while popular, is still quite niche worldwide.
Trek Crockett 4
Giant TCR Advanced 3

niklasp

by niklasp

The previous generation crux had bosses for a third bottle if I remember right. If more people buy CX bikes, more people will race CX. Old men buying diverges is not a leap forward in the racing community... Sad to say.
So a crux with 45mm tire clearance and more versatile would be great.

shiiiison

by shiiiison

Please give us a 45mm clearance! For a short period of time I ran 650b's with 46mm tires. It was a very close fit and was fun for a minute. I want that for 700's!

nateners

by nateners

shiiiison wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:35 pm
Please give us a 45mm clearance! For a short period of time I ran 650b's with 46mm tires. It was a very close fit and was fun for a minute. I want that for 700's!
Oh man if this happens! It'd be the perfect gravel bike.

gwerziou

by gwerziou

Hey guys, could this be the new Crux:

https://granfondo-cycling.com/brooks-sc ... ags-review

I can't think of what other bike this could be; it says S Works, fits gravel tires but has no future shock? Or maybe it's still just the current model?

maquisard

by maquisard

Pretty sure that is the current model

jasonbrim

by jasonbrim

Headtube, fork, and rear axle/dropouts look a little different. Hard to tell from pics with lots of bags on though...

maquisard

by maquisard

jasonbrim wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:06 am
Headtube, fork, and rear axle/dropouts look a little different. Hard to tell from pics with lots of bags on though...
I thought this as well to start, but looking at the S-Works model on the Spec. website I concluded it was the current model. But who knows, I hope a new Crux is released soon

shiiiison

by shiiiison

The bird on my shoulder told me the new stuff comes out late August but no framesets until Sept-Oct. I cant get them to budge on anything juicy about the refresh/update/new?????

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com