Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Beancouter wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:55 pm
Agreed, I did the same for my rim brake version, albeit I had no choice as they never sold hi mod in rim and think highest spec was ultegra mechanical.

Mine ended up at 6kg for a fairly modest cost. (Well at least compared to cannondale prices).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regarding the highlighted part, it looks like there is a Hi-Mod rim brake frameset listed if you follow the Road->Race path without clicking on SuperSix, and then just filter by model. That way the website comes up with 38 SuperSix options instead of 16 options when you click all the way down Road->Race->SuperSix.

https://www.cannondale.com/en/bikes/roa ... 11380u1044

Has anyone here purchased the Hi-Mod rim version? I wonder how the weight compares. According to CyclingTips these are the painted 56cm weights for frame+ fork (seatposts are all the same at 162g):
Non-HM disc: 999g + 436g = 1435g
Non-HM rim: 976g + 368g = 1344g (91g lighter than disc)
Hi-Mod disc: 866g + 389g = 1255g
Hi-Mod rim: ???g + ???g = ????g (could it be another ~90g lighter than the HM disc?)

https://cyclingtips.com/2019/06/2020-ca ... de-review/
"Cannondale claims that the top-end Hi-Mod Disc version tips the scales at 866g for a painted 56cm sample, plus another 389g for the matching fork, cut to fit. The proprietary seatpost adds another 162g. The standard SuperSix Evo Disc — which is built with a less advanced blend of carbon fiber — comes in at 999g, 436g, and 162g for the same specifications...Claimed weight for the SuperSix Evo Rim is 976g for a painted 56cm frame, plus 368g for the fork, and the same 162g for the seatpost."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bruno2000

by bruno2000

It might be an error, no? In the spec's it mentions flat mount disc...(unfortunately)
I just purchased a Hi-mod EF Education 2021 frame and it was 890gr size 56.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

bruno2000 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 10:52 am
It might be an error, no? In the spec's it mentions flat mount disc...(unfortunately)
I just purchased a Hi-mod EF Education 2021 frame and it was 890gr size 56.
The typo seems to be in the spec list. Additional angles show the direct mounts more clearly. But you can see them above, too. Notably you can also see the absence of disc caliper mounts.

The color is also a hi-mod only, with the white on the seat stay running all the way down, instead of just half way like on the non-HM bikes.

Watziznehm

by Watziznehm

I suspect that what's happening is - when you filter it this way, it will also show you the 2020 bikes, which are likely out of production already. For example, I was told that they have stopped selling the SRAM Force equipped bike for 2021 (https://www.cannondale.com/en/bikes/roa ... 11460m1048). Maybe that's why you are still able to find what seems like a rim-brake SSE.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

There is no such thing as a Hi-Mod rim brake third generation Evo, there never was, Cannondale's website has many glitches and errors.

By the way, a few Cannondale sponsored athletes looked to be on the yet to be announced but long known about SuperSix Evo SE (or SuperSix Evo X or whatever the name is) at Unbound Gravel... pictures should pop from that soon.
196852589_937094387078282_1252894771304254573_n.jpg

RDY

by RDY

Ted's gut looks horribly distended there.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

RDY wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:56 am
Ted's gut looks horribly distended there.
Well, it's a sportive, big bellies are common sight! :mrgreen:
Or like many sportives, maybe his prize was a XXL t-shirt and he stuck it there to go back to his car! :noidea:

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:10 am
There is no such thing as a Hi-Mod rim brake third generation Evo, there never was, Cannondale's website has many glitches and errors.
I would understand a typo. But it's a picture of a bike with direct rim brake mounts and HiMod paint job. I doubt they'd accidentally photoshop that, too

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

BigBoyND wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:59 am
Dan Gerous wrote:
I would understand a typo. But it's a picture of a bike with direct rim brake mounts and HiMod paint job. I doubt they'd accidentally photoshop that, too
I'm pretty sure that it's either the wrong text and it's not Hi-Mod but standard-Mod rim brake frames (no Hi-Mod logos on the images so I'm not sure why you say the paint are Hi-Mod) or it's the Hi-Mod Framesets but in disc versions with the wrong pictures.

I'm telling you, there is no Hi-Mod rim brake Evo and any dealer or rep will tell you the same.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

BigBoyND wrote:
Dan Gerous wrote:
I’m with Dan - I did a LOAD of research. There are articles around from back in 2019 when uran road it to the podium of the TdF that support it, oh and the fact i confirmed with Cannondale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:56 am

I'm pretty sure that it's either the wrong text and it's not Hi-Mod but standard-Mod rim brake frames (no Hi-Mod logos on the images so I'm not sure why you say the paint are Hi-Mod) or it's the Hi-Mod Framesets but in disc versions with the wrong pictures.

I'm telling you, there is no Hi-Mod rim brake Evo and any dealer or rep will tell you the same.
Regarding the bold part: based on the bikes in this thread, the white paint on the chain stays goes all the way down to the dropouts on HM and only half way on non-HM. That was my basis on why I believed it was HM but I believe you.

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

Is there anyone who has spent a descent amount of time on a Tarmac SL7 and a SS? I wanted to know what the handling characteristics are between the two. On paper the SS should be much more stable on decents. My next bike I wanted something more stable goimg down. the SS and the BMC both look good on paper in this regard. Thoughts?

Hexsense

by Hexsense

^ It's very size specific.You should also state the size that you are interested in.

Not SL7, but own Allez Sprint (not applicable in this comparison) and borrow SL6 and Venge (very close to SL7 but I didn't spend much time on them).
On size 48-52, SS is more stable at speed thanks to longer wheelbase. But less stable when rocking the bike on sprint or climb slowly due to more wheel flop and longer fork offset.
Such long fork offset is used for size 44-54. So if you get size 56 and larger, it'll be different.

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

Hexsense wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:24 pm
^ It's very size specific.You should also state the size that you are interested in.

Not SL7, but own Allez Sprint (not applicable in this comparison) and borrow SL6 and Venge (very close to SL7 but I didn't spend much time on them).
On size 48-52, SS is more stable at speed thanks to longer wheelbase. But less stable when rocking the bike on sprint or climb slowly due to more wheel flop and longer fork offset.
Such long fork offset is used for size 44-54. So if you get size 56 and larger, it'll be different.
Yeah I was looking at the differences on geometrygeeks with the 54 on both. The fork offset, wheel base and front center are substantially different between the two with the BMC kinda falling in the middle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lucianoz

by lucianoz

Hi guys, does anyone knows the https://framesandgear.com/ garmin mounts? Are they realiable?
I need to replace the garmin mount for my wife's supersix (raceware garmin mount that my mechanic broke today), but i dont find the original one in stock (above the knot systembar bar/stem).
The garmin mount from them that I refer is this one https://framesandgear.com/systemsix-knot-garmin-mount
It look like pretty much a good mount, despite the overprice.
Any thoughts?