2021 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Idk Valter was only just hanging on to the back of the peloton on the final climb, my guess is he loses the jersey tomorrow

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

ooo wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 11:26 am
Red bull tv is hard to watch
jerky 30fps videos produced from 50fps materials (it will look better if they will show 25fps or 50fps)
for replays they are using live stream copy, instead of making higher quality video replay after broadcast
It's your Bandwidth (service provider). Mine always looks great on my 4k monitor.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

Haydn wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:37 pm
So Bernal is going to win the Giro then
I just see Bernal having a bad day. Evenepoel is so mentally solid for a guy his age it's freaky. I have watched every one of Remco's races and I can't remember him ever cracking?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Miller wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 4:01 pm
Yay Cofidis. About time they had a win.
They won Trofeo Serra de Tramuntana yesterday... and Circuit de Wallonie the day before. :mrgreen:
Okay not exactly WorldTour races but they won more in three days than in their whole 2020 season, and those two wins last season were even smaller races if I recall! Good on them, they just have to not put too many eggs in the Viviani basket and keep the momentum.

ave

by ave

robbosmans wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:45 pm
Idk Valter was only just hanging on to the back of the peloton on the final climb, my guess is he loses the jersey tomorrow
Yet to upload his ride on Strava, but judging by others' efforts, it's unlikely that he was close to his limit.
If they are really going for it, he can lose it, true. But maybe it's great for everybody to let him have it for another week.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

ave wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:11 pm
robbosmans wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:45 pm
Yet to upload his ride on Strava, but judging by others' efforts, it's unlikely that he was close to his limit.
If they are really going for it, he can lose it, true. But maybe it's great for everybody to let him have it for another week.
I think it will depend what Ineos does.

If Bernal moves into pink, the team will be fine controlling the race. Quick-Step on the other hand are the strongest team for one day non-mountain races but not in leading a grand tour, I think they probably would prefer to see Valter hanging on to the lead than Remco taking it now, their ideal situation would be to keep Bernal behind on GC while still not having to do all the work daily. Whoever is in pink after tomorrow could keep it the next four stages, but apart from stage 13 where sprinters may take control, they'll be tiring stages especially for the leader's team.

So because of that, I think Ineos might try to go for it if Bernal feels good. If Remco can't be shaken off, Ineos will be happy to at least see his team tiring themselves controlling the race. If Remco can't follow Bernal and the colombian moves into the lead, they'll be okay dealing with it all the way to the end... on paper. But both scenarios probably means Valter would say goodbye to the maglia rosa.

Weather could again play a factor and it's up and down all day but given the climbs are mostly not very hard and the stage is short, I think Remco will be fine.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

OnTheRivet wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:21 pm
I just see Bernal having a bad day. Evenepoel is so mentally solid for a guy his age it's freaky. I have watched every one of Remco's races and I can't remember him ever cracking?
It all depends on Bernal's back IMO. If it stays solid he's he's possibly the best climber in the world, and he didn't have a bad day when he won the Tour.

But also on Remco's side it's both his first three week race and his first race this year. Never mind mental strength, to keep putting in world beating performances deep into the third week and not succumbing to fatigue would be truly remarkable.

petal666

by petal666

That's a crash and a half

Attermann

by Attermann

holy sh*t that's gotta hurt, he hit a grate on the inside of the road after his slide.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Looks like he hit that darker patch of asphalt, maybe a pothole or a wet patch, hard to tell

outnumbered

by outnumbered

robbosmans wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:38 pm
Looks like he hit that darker patch of asphalt, maybe a pothole or a wet patch, hard to tell
Looked like a pothole to me, front wheel went down it and led to him losing control.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Pidcock looking great in Nove Mesto right now.

Would be great if he can hold on. I’ll gladly eat that crow.

Would also be terrible if he doesn’t qualify the spot for Tokyo somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guyc

by guyc

Super technical course this and he's absolutely killing it.

guyc

by guyc

Not such a bad day for Bernal either.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Decent day for Ineos.

Pidcock can certainly handle a bike!
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde