Virus And Riding.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

synchronicity

by synchronicity

Andrew69 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:38 pm
synchronicity wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:23 pm
If you notice, I don't go around telling people to "pull my head in". Other people start with the personal attacks, I will respond accordingly.
Reading comprehension isnt your strong suit is it?
See, thats a personal attack

You live in the least affected country in the world with one of the best economies and the highest personal freedoms and yet you still manage to complain.

Peace out mate. Have a long and happy life :thumbup:
Who says I can't complain? You? :lol:
Absolutely waiting another 6 months to be vaccinated is ridiculous.
You don't have to agree with my opinion. But you should not tell me to "pull my head in".

Trying to have the last dig are we? Stupid git.

vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

basilic

by basilic

is that an outback turtle metaphor? a sexual insult? never heard that before

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Andrew69

by Andrew69

synchronicity wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:18 am
Andrew69 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:38 pm
synchronicity wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:23 pm
If you notice, I don't go around telling people to "pull my head in". Other people start with the personal attacks, I will respond accordingly.
Reading comprehension isnt your strong suit is it?
See, thats a personal attack

You live in the least affected country in the world with one of the best economies and the highest personal freedoms and yet you still manage to complain.

Who says I can't complain? You? :lol:
Absolutely waiting another 6 months to be vaccinated is ridiculous.
You don't have to agree with my opinion. But you should not tell me to "pull my head in".

Trying to have the last dig are we? Stupid git.

I tried being civil with you and simply pointed out that you are being totally selfish and unreasonable
Australia has zero cases of community transmission and we have proven time and again that any outbreaks (especially in NSW) can be managed very quickly by the contact tracers and the health department.
Yet you insist that you are somehow special and worthy or getting a vaccine before anyone else that actually needs it

How has not being vaccinated actually impacted your life in a country that is essentially free from the vaccine?
In a hurry to get back to Bali or something?

Im done arguing with you. You have shown yourself to be unable to be reasoned with
Im also betting that you wouldnt say half that shit to my face, but are happy to sit behind your keyboard and talk shit.

Andrew69

by Andrew69

basilic wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:16 am
Why am I not surprised he edited his post?

If youve got something to say to me, come out and say it.
But say it to my face. Im only a few hours drive from you and would be happy to come for a drive to sort out your attitude for you

micky

by micky

Jeeeezzzz guys............there's enough troubles than getting mad over an internet (cycling) forum.

synchronicity

by synchronicity

Andrew69 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:53 am
basilic wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:16 am
Why am I not surprised he edited his post?

If youve got something to say to me, come out and say it.
But say it to my face. Im only a few hours drive from you and would be happy to come for a drive to sort out your attitude for you
Is that some kind of threat? :roll: It appears to be a threat of... violence. :roll: Sounds to me like you're an alpha male! Hello! :lol:
Look "mate", if I want to have a whinge, I will. Right? Do you have some kind of problem with that? :noidea:

I think it's clearly you who is the one with the "attitude". Dude, you do realise that sooner or later you are going to run into people with different opinions to you, and "sorting out their attitude", violently, doesn't help. Perhaps you have an anger management problem? A little too much testosterone maybe?

Oh and by the way, if you want to "come for a drive to sort out your attitude for you", I'll simply call the cops.
One lives just up the street. He'd be happy to arrest you.

I'm not being "selfish and unreasonable". You think that. I disagree. Got it? I disagree. Something everyone is allowed to do without people getting physical about it. Also, I'll edit my post as many times as I like. I added, I didn't take away. :wink:

You sound like a typical bully. Trying to intimidate people with threats of violence.
It's YOU who started with the personal attacks. Sounds to me like you can dish it but you can't take it.
I don't have time for this. Seriously, get a life. :roll:

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

Hey y'all. Enough has been said. Drop it and move on.

Edit: To be clear, healthy debates are fine and welcome, but no personal disputes or attacking others. Let's get back to civilized anecdotes and healthy debate.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

At the moment in Ontario Canada we are in blanket lockdown as the hospitals in hotspots are full and they are setting up triage and sending patients to areas that are not hardhit which is kind of scary but the 3rd wave is pretty serious here. This lockdown has the most restrictions of all now but where I live its not a hotspot but when you go up town the traffic is just as heavy as it always is. Not far away we have the Church of God who has freedom rallies which is bringing in his buddies from hardhit Toronto areas. The minister is Henry Hildebrandt and he is trying to up his congragation by taking advantage of this pandemic. He claims this is against our freedoms but his congregation apparantly cannot go to hospitals for treatment of any kind, your undergarments and your house must be white and he is going on about our freedoms. This is not helping with the spread and the vaccines are just now getting to the 40 age groups so its slow going. Might be july or later before we see our second shot which means summer is a write off for any Gran Fondos or racing. On the other hand many ppl are comparing this pandemic to WW2(Holocaust) which shouldnt even be a comparison. I am still training on the bike and staying sane but many ppl are going Covidiot and being incredibly selfish. Fortunately most of my friends are seeing this pandemic the same way I do and the ones that dont(selfish ones) I tolerate but no longer associate with.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

synchronicity

by synchronicity

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:04 am
Might be july or later before we see our second shot which means summer is a write off for any Gran Fondos or racing. On the other hand many ppl are comparing this pandemic to WW2(Holocaust) which shouldnt even be a comparison. I am still training on the bike and staying sane but many ppl are going Covidiot and being incredibly selfish. Fortunately most of my friends are seeing this pandemic the same way I do and the ones that dont(selfish ones) I tolerate but no longer associate with.
1) Imagine if you didn't even have your first shot by October.
2) It sounds like you are discriminating against your friends for their beliefs. Doesn't sound like "tolerance" to me if you no longer associate with them. :?

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:04 am
At the moment in Ontario Canada we are in blanket lockdown as the hospitals in hotspots are full and they are setting up triage and sending patients to areas that are not hardhit which is kind of scary but the 3rd wave is pretty serious here. This lockdown has the most restrictions of all now but where I live its not a hotspot but when you go up town the traffic is just as heavy as it always is. Not far away we have the Church of God who has freedom rallies which is bringing in his buddies from hardhit Toronto areas. The minister is Henry Hildebrandt and he is trying to up his congragation by taking advantage of this pandemic. He claims this is against our freedoms but his congregation apparantly cannot go to hospitals for treatment of any kind, your undergarments and your house must be white and he is going on about our freedoms. This is not helping with the spread and the vaccines are just now getting to the 40 age groups so its slow going. Might be july or later before we see our second shot which means summer is a write off for any Gran Fondos or racing. On the other hand many ppl are comparing this pandemic to WW2(Holocaust) which shouldnt even be a comparison. I am still training on the bike and staying sane but many ppl are going Covidiot and being incredibly selfish. Fortunately most of my friends are seeing this pandemic the same way I do and the ones that dont(selfish ones) I tolerate but no longer associate with.
synchronicity wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:19 am
2) It sounds like you are discriminating against your friends for their beliefs. Doesn't sound like "tolerance" to me if you no longer associate with them. :?
I don't think he is discriminating against this clergyman Henry Hildebrandt, he is just saying that the man is an idiot. Two very different things.
Bikeboy I feel for you. You live in the 5th or 6th largest city in North America, only three in Europe are larger. The chance of the presence of assholes is simply that much greater. Out here in BC we have a few similar nut-bar churches. The cops fined them thousands for violating by-laws, shut some down. Look on the bright side, if these congregants do not seek medical care, there is a better chance that their numbers may decline. :noidea: I wonder how people would behave if the mortality rate was 75%. Things would get seriously medieval.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Yes Mr.Gib you are correct in what I was saying about Henry. The cops have been to visit him several times with warnings and charges. Henrys son has been charged with assualting an old man after he was pushed to the ground by the son.
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/202 ... 20Thursday.

Synchronicity, just because I choose not to associate with friends doesnt mean I am discriminating against them in my mind. When I am in their company I will tolerate but the conversation will be limited. When you discover that your friends have turned to be haters, everything is negative and they cant seem to reason with any kind of logic whatsoever then its time to cut them loose. I am not forcing my oppinion on anyone and would appreciate if they refrain from forcing theirs on me. I think everyone needs to be able to tolerate.

I am fortunate to be in a relatively small town but it is growing with many ppl out of Toronto coming here to retire. But so far the Covid numbers are low here for now.

synchronicity

by synchronicity

First of all, I agree with what you are saying about ignorant church ministers, etc.
You have every right to your own opinion and to choose who your friends are and who you associate with. But you're basically saying "agree with me about COVID or else I don't want you as my friend anymore". That is a form of discrimination & intolerance, yes (whether you see it that way or not).

Of course, it's completely normal to discriminate. I get discriminated against all the time, for example in a job interview or out on a date. And I too discriminate. Anyway, a seemingly worse thing is to be "indiscriminate".

Andrew69

by Andrew69

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:43 am
When I am in their company I will tolerate but the conversation will be limited. When you discover that your friends have turned to be haters, everything is negative and they cant seem to reason with any kind of logic whatsoever then its time to cut them loose. I am not forcing my oppinion on anyone and would appreciate if they refrain from forcing theirs on me. I think everyone needs to be able to tolerate.
Totally agree.
Im tired of people on both sides of politics screaming from the rooftops that if I dont happen to agree with them on what ever particular side their opinion happens to fall on, then Im discriminating or intolerant.
I mean , the hypocracy is simply breathtaking. By them demanding that I agree with them, they are the ones being intolerant.

I look at it this way.
You have the right to believe in anything or hold any position you choose on what ever subject. I am totally fine with that.
In fact, I will fight for your right to express your opinions.
But that also gives me the right to disgree with your view and the right to express the fact the I disagree with your view

That doesnt instantly mean Im intolerant or ignorant. It means my view differs from your.
Im still not sure why that is so hard to understand :noidea:

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Yes Andrew69 that is the way I see things. I am not one to force my opinions on others and I am more than willing to listen to all viewpoints and if someone disagrees with my viewpoint I am okay with that as everyone should have a viewpoint. I work in a team enviroment and its very good to have all viewpoints expressed on issues that need to be resolved because someone will always see a problem in a different way which is good if you keep an open mind to see things from all angles. But many oppinions do get thrown asside and you should not be offended if that happens to you. I know this has happened to me many times but thats okay and I am good with that as long as we are making headway in the right direction.
Their are a couple guys at work and also our cycling club who have different oppinions and I am good with that. They are good smart ppl but when it comes to politics and this pandemic they are very insistent and angry with their POV. I listen but I really dont care to buy an argument on a good day so I get to the point where enough is enough and I have nothing to contribute an just politely walk away. So call it what you want I am not buying an argument. Enough said.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

You guys should read The Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt. It explains through genetic evolution the behaviour of these people that concern you. A certain portion of the human population simply evolved with fear as a more dominant personality trait. It drives all sorts of behaviours from fear of regulation to fear of those that are different. It doesn't take much to see the source of much backwardness, racism, etc. It's a genetic characteristic that exists in us all, just for some of us it plays a greater role in motivating our behaviour. It is an outstandingly well written and important book.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com