2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

I sent my bikes back in February, one has still not got back to them, apalling! You will be looking at major delays sending your bikes back to them for the fixes.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

If canyon is paying for shipping both ways they should be paying for overnight shipping to and from. If not it could take a week to ship, who knows how long to fix, then another week to ship. All depending on your proximity to CA if you're in the US. But someone who lives in the Midwest like I do could be with out the bike for 3 weeks. ANOTHER 3 weeks of prime riding weather lost in transit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cannoli

by Cannoli

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:17 am
If canyon is paying for shipping both ways they should be paying for overnight shipping to and from. If not it could take a week to ship, who knows how long to fix, then another week to ship. All depending on your proximity to CA if you're in the US. But someone who lives in the Midwest like I do could be with out the bike for 3 weeks. ANOTHER 3 weeks of prime riding weather lost in transit.
I'm on the east coast so even longer. I sent them an email stating that if they can't ship the parts to me when available to replace myself (saving a month+ of downtime), I want to initiate a refund. I've begun researching the consumer protection laws in my state as I expect not to get the response I'm looking for. We've been sold $9k+ bikes then told not to ride them and told that we can't have a refund. That's product misrepresentation in its purest form.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Cannoli wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:31 am
I'm on the east coast so even longer. I sent them an email stating that if they can't ship the parts to me when available to replace myself (saving a month+ of downtime), I want to initiate a refund. I've begun researching the consumer protection laws in my state as I expect not to get the response I'm looking for. We've been sold $9k+ bikes then told not to ride them and told that we can't have a refund. That's product misrepresentation in its purest form.
I'd be interested to hear what they say if you don't mind PMing.

I also wonder if at some point they will retool the frame for next year. If that's the case then just exchange my whole bike since the riding season will be all but done by the time it gets back to me with the new parts.

Cannoli

by Cannoli

EsotericCyclist wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:43 am
Cannoli wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:31 am
I'd be interested to hear what they say if you don't mind PMing.

I also wonder if at some point they will retool the frame for next year. If that's the case then just exchange my whole bike since the riding season will be all but done by the time it gets back to me with the new parts.
My intent is to post what they say publicly. I was already told that I can't have a refund while they investigate the problem with the handlebar. I sat idle on that reply, but I'm at the point where the 2021 cycling season is already over before it even starts if I stick with Canyon. I want my ~$20k back so I can buy something that can actually be ridden and not just looked at in the garage when I pass by. So far ,everything about their customer service with the Aeroad issue(s) is extremely poor, IMO.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

spartacus

by spartacus

Canyon not being willing to refund customers at this point is abhorrent.

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

So I talked to two different US reps today after it was put on this forum that a credit would be issued. I told them I was trying to buy an Outlet Ultimate they had in my size and wanted the credit to go towards that purchase. They said they didn't know of any USA credit being issued (even though a rep told me something to this effect a few days ago).

Well I got my official email and guess what bike sold during that time that they feigned ignorance. Canyon could have had me for thousands more if they would just actually have customer service instead of company line holders. Now they will never see another dime from me and I will make sure not to recommend them to any of my freinds or aquiantences.

Anyone know of a decent road bike that can be had for $3-5k US?

smar01

by smar01

smar01 wrote:I have ordered a mid January Aeroad CF SLX AXS, which should've arrived mid April.

Will probably be looking out for a Giant Propel and cancel my order.
Hey guys me again.
So I have been looking around yesterday, but I don't like the Giant wheels, going hookless in 2020/2021 is just too early, I want some tire choice.
On that note, I wanted to ask if you have some different suggestions.
I have a budget of 6500€.
I want Electronic gearing (preferably SRAM), an aero frame, some decent deep section wheels and a PM should also be included in the budget.
The Aeroad just was the perfect choice.

So far I have been looking at a Merida Reacto, which comes with Force AXS for 4800€, but I'm not sure about the Reynolds Ar58 wheels.
Posted it on here, because I think it might help some other aeroad buyers.
I would appreciate your help.

Oh and I can't go pedal-based Powermeter wise, because I use Spd-sl. I know there are some rumors around assioma, but nothing certain.

Konsi

by Konsi

smar01 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:46 am
smar01 wrote:I have ordered a mid January Aeroad CF SLX AXS, which should've arrived mid April.

I want Electronic gearing (preferably SRAM), an aero frame, some decent deep section wheels and a PM should also be included in the budget.
If you can get one, the Scott Foil 10 should be in your budget.

pedrop

by pedrop

Kzco wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:20 pm
Did anyone continue riding it using electrical tape on the seatpost ? how does it look after a few miles ?
I did about 1000km with this solution: two layers of American tape on the back of the seat post.
With the tape, the oscillation is disappeared. I think that I've reached a compromise that allows me to wait for the Canyon solution this fall.
Aeroad CF SL 8 Disc 8kg

Tarmacian

by Tarmacian

There might be a solution to the handlebar problem. New bar and cashback and €1000 compensation.

Read (in dutch): https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20210317_97228431

mgrl

by mgrl

Tarmacian wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:51 am
There might be a solution to the handlebar problem. New bar and cashback and €1000 compensation.

Read (in dutch): https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20210317_97228431
Or read in English on basically every page of this thread

Tarmacian

by Tarmacian

Whoops...

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

smar01 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:46 am

Hey guys me again.
So I have been looking around yesterday, but I don't like the Giant wheels, going hookless in 2020/2021 is just too early, I want some tire choice.

So far I have been looking at a Merida Reacto, which comes with Force AXS for 4800€, but I'm not sure about the Reynolds Ar58 wheels.
Posted it on here, because I think it might help some other aeroad buyers.
I would appreciate your help.

Oh and I can't go pedal-based Powermeter wise, because I use Spd-sl. I know there are some rumors around assioma, but nothing certain.
Merida seems like an absolutely solid choice to me. The frameset is pretty similar to Spesh Venge visually, and given that it's basically the same manufacturer, the similarity is probably more than skin-deep. And there is nothing wrong AFAIK with Reynolds wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nathan1558

by Nathan1558

Anyone know of any rumours regarding possibly a future model (maybe 2022?). Going to cancel my order and might just wait for the next release.