Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Beancouter wrote:Currently at about 6.1kg, have some extralite rings coming (and hoping they play nicely with my etap...), a few tweaks here and there and I will be pretty close ... need a darimo post to get me over the line Image
What handle bar you use?,

Im at 8kg 51 cm ultegra mechanical

Shimano power carbon saddle

Enve stem/3t aeronova handle bar

Still on 35 heavy hollowgram with with 28c gp5000

waiting for the carbon seatpost, wheels,vitorria 25c corsa speed tlr , one piece handle bar and lighbar tape

hope to drop a good amount

rides4beer

by rides4beer

GWJoe wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:24 am
I'm having such trouble trying to decide on wheels for my SS...

£2k budget, sucker for aesthetics. Thinking Knot 64/CLX64/CLX50/WTO60.

Anyone have suggestions? I like the 60s, but from riding experience do you feel shallower wheels suit the bike better? 50s for example?

First World problems i know...

Currently have Vision Team 35.
If you like the 60s, then get those. Nothing wrong with admitting that aesthetics matter. I'll be running 56mm wheels on my SS. Looks like the WTO60s weigh around 1550g, that's pretty good for an all around wheelset, and you'll have the aero benefit from a deeper wheel.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

The bar is a fasterway from Ali. I am slightly embarrassed to say that it is a copy Black Inc - I didn’t buy it for that reason and not entirely sure
I realised it would come with black inc decals (they don’t show them on the listing). I feel sufficiently guilty that I might buy a genuine set ... just need to get my head around the price!

That said, it matches the frame brilliantly and from memory the weight was not much over 300g. I am running ETAP and rim so the cable routing from the bar isn’t so important - suspect there are better integrated bars for the SS disc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Beancouter wrote:The bar is a fasterway from Ali. I am slightly embarrassed to say that it is a copy Black Inc - I didn’t buy it for that reason and not entirely sure
I realised it would come with black inc decals (they don’t show them on the listing). I feel sufficiently guilty that I might buy a genuine set ... just need to get my head around the price!

That said, it matches the frame brilliantly and from memory the weight was not much over 300g. I am running ETAP and rim so the cable routing from the bar isn’t so important - suspect there are better integrated bars for the SS disc..

Looks like yoeleo handle bar!

jasxn

by jasxn

Has anyone serviced their Hollowgram KNOT hubs with new bearings? The hubs with the star ratchet system.
I found the fronts are 18307. Anyone have any idea what the rear bearings might be? I want to assume 6902?
Appreciate any help

19dford78

by 19dford78

dmason wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:46 pm
19dford78 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:49 pm
dmason wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:48 am
My new build, just added to the introduce yourself section, maiden voyage tomorrow.
Really nice build mate. I think you've just sold me on the 64's for mine. How do they ride? I'm on the 35's currently.
Thanks, The Knot 64's ride great and hold speed like no other wheelset I've tried. I had the new Roval CLX Rapides for awhile but went back to the 64's as, for me, I found more advantages than disadvantages when comparing the two.
Brilliant, that's my mind made up on rim depth. Pretty flattish / rolling hills round by me and always got the 35's to go with on my 2020 HM.

Just to choose the rims now. Knot 64, Hunt 65 or the Giant 65's I think.

Appreciate the reply 👍

gigo91

by gigo91

Hi, question to all the SuperSix Evo 3 + FarSports F1 handlebar owners:

Which expander or top cap are you using?

I am trying to use the original Cannondale expander + top cap, but I think the Cannondale top cap has a too small diameter for the Farsports handlebar. I always get movement on the fork.
Anybody out riding this combo?

But I think I have to use the top cap, which was delivered with the handlebar. But what expander do you recommend or use?

Thx

req110

by req110

gigo91 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:48 am

I am trying to use the original Cannondale expander + top cap, but I think the Cannondale top cap has a too small diameter for the Farsports handlebar. I always get movement on the fork.

But I think I have to use the top cap, which was delivered with the handlebar. But what expander do you recommend or use?

Thx

top cap - stock cannondale + 3mm spacer, stock expander
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

ccparkhill

by ccparkhill

req110 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:54 am
gigo91 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:48 am

Thx

top cap - stock cannondale + 3mm spacer, stock expander
I have the same.

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Found a 56cm in black pearl, woohoo!! Just have to wait for it to get shipped to me. Going with Zipp cockpit for now, keeping the 105 groupset, eventually I'll upgrade to di2 and do an F1 cockpit (full integration was one of my requirements for the new bike, but I can live with some semi-exposed cables for a bit, gonna run full cable housings and at least keep the shift cables internal).

Also have a set of LB AR56 wheels on order. I've been using my gravel bike for the road, and it works well, but looking forward to a nice road bike again (and having two bikes again, nice to have a backup if one is down for maintenance).

Anyone know a good source for a SI crankset with spidering? Only one I can find is $850 on ebay, is that an average price for SI/8 arm? New only, don't want used.

floriansantana

by floriansantana

rides4beer wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:15 pm
Anyone know a good source for a SI crankset with spidering? Only one I can find is $850 on ebay, is that an average price for SI/8 arm? New only, don't want used.
Congrats on your new bike, you’ll love it.

850 usd for an Si crankset with 8-arm spider is a bit harsh. Sigmasports has some reasonable priced cranksets: https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Cannon ... nkset/DQY6

I would recommend considering to buy second hand though as prices are down significantly for almost new cranksets and you can also get good deals on a 10-arm.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

floriansantana

by floriansantana

And another question to my fellow SuperSix Evo owners:

Can someone tell me the dimensions of the headset bearings of the new Evo frame?

I need to change mine and I don’t want to shell out 80 euros for the whole headset including expander and all the topcaps and stuff, I only need bearings. Or is there a reasonably priced alternative to the standard headset from Cannondale?

I found out that the plastic topcap that comes with the frame (the one to use with a normal stem) is basically useless for protecting the upper bearing against water or sweat. And even worse the tiny screw that tightens the topcap gets rusty easily and the rust goes right through onto the bearing. My upper bearing is really done. I replaced the topcap with a standard one now.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

rides4beer

by rides4beer

floriansantana wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:58 pm

850 usd for an Si crankset with 8-arm spider is a bit harsh. Sigmasports has some reasonable priced cranksets: https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Cannon ... nkset/DQY6

I would recommend considering to buy second hand though as prices are down significantly for almost new cranksets and you can also get good deals on a 10-arm.
Thanks, I can't wait!! Of course, it arrives tomorrow and the forecast is rain for the next 10 days. :lol:

I thought $850 seemed high, my LBS is checking to see what they can get too, and I get a discount there. I'm leery about buying used because it can be hard to tell how much wear is on the rings. But that is def the next upgrade on the list. This will be my first Cannondale, but I've always thought the spidering is the best looking chainset out there.

bet1216

by bet1216

rides4beer wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:46 pm
floriansantana wrote:

Thanks, I can't wait!! Of course, it arrives tomorrow and the forecast is rain for the next 10 days. :lol:

I thought $850 seemed high, my LBS is checking to see what they can get too, and I get a discount there. I'm leery about buying used because it can be hard to tell how much wear is on the rings. But that is def the next upgrade on the list. This will be my first Cannondale, but I've always thought the spidering is the best looking chainset out there.
What length arms are you looking for? I think I still have a brand new set of crank arms (not sure about the spider ring) that I took ofs a SystemSix Hi-Mod Ultegra Di2, when I got it (I replaced them with SiSL2). I will need to look though. Unless Cannondale changed the spindle and bolt they should work with your current spindle and bolt and even spider.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

bet1216 wrote:
rides4beer wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:46 pm
floriansantana wrote:

What length arms are you looking for? I think I still have a brand new set of crank arms (not sure about the spider ring) that I took ofs a SystemSix Hi-Mod Ultegra Di2, when I got it (I replaced them with SiSL2). I will need to look though. Unless Cannondale changed the spindle and bolt they should work with your current spindle and bolt and even spider.
They will definitely fit! The cannondale one crank comes with the same spindle, spacers and crank fixing bolts as the SISL2. The only difference compared to my sisl2 was that the end of the SISL2 spindle had some tiny drilled holes - have no idea why ! The weight difference was 1g!!!

Don’t know if they ship internationally but there are some hollowgram SI arms on eBay UK which are great value (but 172.5mm only)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannondale-H ... 890.l49292

Philip