Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

Mcdeez
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:40 pm

by Mcdeez

Thr cannondale writing on the side of the top tube is a sticker? I want to change mine

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



Jackofallgrades
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:15 am

by Jackofallgrades

It's under the lacquer, so you'd have to re-paint...
Cannondale SSEvo3 'Atticus' - 7.2kg
...Work in Progress viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161634

Mcdeez
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:40 pm

by Mcdeez

Jackofallgrades wrote:It's under the lacquer, so you'd have to re-paint...
Ouff ok,i think the top tube near the seat tube its a sticker

HankSc0rpi0
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:22 pm

by HankSc0rpi0

Jackofallgrades wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:20 pm
It's under the lacquer, so you'd have to re-paint...
Weirdly the sticker on the toptube on the 2019/2020 Force Axs version (black and white (cashmere) frame), is NOT under the lacquear at all. But on some of the 105 and Ultegras it is. Very inconsistent from Cannondale.

LBS weren't happy with the bodge of having to put a spacer/washer on the end of the thru axel to stop the chain from rubbing against the stays, and are now pushing for the Cannondale supplier to replace a 6 month old frame or maybe resand the repaint the stays with less layers of paint ot provide more clearance. Right now the the paint is starting to wear off and it looks pants. Unfortunatley getting nowhere and tried contacting Cannondale directly but won't deal with me. Have just ordered a BMC frame through my LBS so ditching Cannondale after 3 Supersix's, 2 Synapses and a few Bad Boys. Dispicable company.

HankSc0rpi0
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:22 pm

by HankSc0rpi0

Jackofallgrades wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:20 pm
It's under the lacquer, so you'd have to re-paint...
Weirdly the sticker on the toptube on the 2019/2020 Force Axs version (black and white (cashmere) frame), is NOT under the lacquear at all. But on some of the 105 and Ultegras it is. Very inconsistent from Cannondale. Mine just started to peel so a bit of heat from a hair dryer and it came right off. Cleaned the residue off with some bike cleaner.

LBS weren't happy with the bodge of having to put a spacer/washer on the end of the thru axel to stop the chain from rubbing against the stays, and are now pushing for the Cannondale supplier to replace a 6 month old frame or maybe resand then repaint the stays with less layers of paint to provide more clearance. Right now the the paint is starting to wear off and it looks pants. Unfortunatley getting nowhere with the supplier and both of us tried contacting Cannondale directly but won't deal with me and LBS has had no response. Have just ordered a BMC frame through them so ditching Cannondale brand for good after 3 Supersix's, 2 Synapses. They don't care. I will sell the frame on.

rides4beer
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:27 am
Location: SC

by rides4beer

Read this entire thread over the last few days, watched every review video I could find, pretty sure this is my next bike. The 105 colorway is actually my favorite, but having a hard time finding one (not surprising), just missed out on one in my size (56) today. Found one in a 54, and with the difference in geometry for the 54, I'm wondering if it could work, or if I'm better waiting for a 56.

I'm 183cm tall, 84cm inseam. I typically ride a 56 (Fuji Transonic and Specialized SL6 Tarmac previously). Looking at the geo for the SuperSix and my previous fit data, I would ride with a 10mm spacer on a 56, or 30mm worth of spacers on a 54 (could prob get away with the 56 slammed, or 20mm spacer on the 54, my bike fitness/flexibility has improved since my last fit). Aesthetically, I'd prefer the lower spacer stack on a 56, but I also like that the 54 has a longer front center (prob no toe overlap). Any tall guys riding a 54? My seat height is 763mm, what's the max on a 54?

Beancouter
Posts: 902
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 pm

by Beancouter

rides4beer wrote:Read this entire thread over the last few days, watched every review video I could find, pretty sure this is my next bike. The 105 colorway is actually my favorite, but having a hard time finding one (not surprising), just missed out on one in my size (56) today. Found one in a 54, and with the difference in geometry for the 54, I'm wondering if it could work, or if I'm better waiting for a 56.

I'm 183cm tall, 84cm inseam. I typically ride a 56 (Fuji Transonic and Specialized SL6 Tarmac previously). Looking at the geo for the SuperSix and my previous fit data, I would ride with a 10mm spacer on a 56, or 30mm worth of spacers on a 54 (could prob get away with the 56 slammed, or 20mm spacer on the 54, my bike fitness/flexibility has improved since my last fit). Aesthetically, I'd prefer the lower spacer stack on a 56, but I also like that the 54 has a longer front center (prob no toe overlap). Any tall guys riding a 54? My seat height is 763mm, what's the max on a 54?
If you are based in the UK, PedalOn in Tadley have a 56 and 58 in stock in the black 105 (they also have the 2021 105 in blue, as well as a number of other models).

https://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/cann ... 81751M1048


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcdeez
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:40 pm

by Mcdeez

HankSc0rpi0 wrote:
Jackofallgrades wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:20 pm
It's under the lacquer, so you'd have to re-paint...
Weirdly the sticker on the toptube on the 2019/2020 Force Axs version (black and white (cashmere) frame), is NOT under the lacquear at all. But on some of the 105 and Ultegras it is. Very inconsistent from Cannondale. Mine just started to peel so a bit of heat from a hair dryer and it came right off. Cleaned the residue off with some bike cleaner.

LBS weren't happy with the bodge of having to put a spacer/washer on the end of the thru axel to stop the chain from rubbing against the stays, and are now pushing for the Cannondale supplier to replace a 6 month old frame or maybe resand then repaint the stays with less layers of paint to provide more clearance. Right now the the paint is starting to wear off and it looks pants. Unfortunatley getting nowhere with the supplier and both of us tried contacting Cannondale directly but won't deal with me and LBS has had no response. Have just ordered a BMC frame through them so ditching Cannondale brand for good after 3 Supersix's, 2 Synapses. They don't care. I will sell the frame on.
That really sucks man, glad i didnt biy a sram version

Hexsense
Posts: 2257
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:41 am

by Hexsense

If it happen to also rub on future Shimano 12 speed set-up, the frame value would plummet badly then.
But that's unlikely, Sram set-up is a perfect storm of pushing out the last cog out plus reduce the last cog from 11t to 10t so the clearance is reduced to none.
I expect Shimano to maintain 11t on the last cog so it should be fine, but we'll see.

rides4beer
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:27 am
Location: SC

by rides4beer

Beancouter wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:26 am
If you are based in the UK, PedalOn in Tadley have a 56 and 58 in stock in the black 105 (they also have the 2021 105 in blue, as well as a number of other models).

https://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/cann ... 81751M1048
Thanks, I'm in the US. I'll keep looking, one will pop up eventually. :beerchug:

Tobic
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:20 pm

by Tobic

Just helped myself to a Supersix Evo Disc 105 in 51. Currently stripping the frame and swapping over components from my previous ride. Looking at the chainstays and fork, I'm wondering the max tire with people tried to fit into it? Cannondale says 30mm, but I was hoping to run it with 32mm Rene Herse Stampede Pass Extralight (which might even come out 33mm).

Discodan
Posts: 343
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:55 am
Location: Sydney

by Discodan

I've run measured 32mm with no problems at all, at the time I measured the clearance and IIRC it was 4mm on each side at the tightest point so you should have no issues

HankSc0rpi0
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:22 pm

by HankSc0rpi0

Hexsense wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:41 pm
If it happen to also rub on future Shimano 12 speed set-up, the frame value would plummet badly then.
But that's unlikely, Sram set-up is a perfect storm of pushing out the last cog out plus reduce the last cog from 11t to 10t so the clearance is reduced to none.
I expect Shimano to maintain 11t on the last cog so it should be fine, but we'll see.
On the 2021 Supersix frames they have around 2.5mm clearance. Cannondale knew about the issue (claimed it was due to the layers of paint) and secrretly addressed it. My LBS has a 2021 Red Axs in stock and it's fine. We also took my rear wheel and put it on a 2021 Ultegra and no issue. They estimate 2.5mm clearance versus 0.5mm clearance on the 2019/2020 frames which can cause the chain to occasionally hit the stay when in the 10 cog. The fact Cannondale won't own up to the problem or provide any help to my LBS means I am done with the brand. Loyalty counts for nothing and their customer service is beyond terrible. I should have my BMC TeamMachine SLR01 frameset in March and my LBS will build it up from the Force AXS components from the Cannondale.

HankSc0rpi0
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:22 pm

by HankSc0rpi0

HankSc0rpi0 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 pm
Hexsense wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:41 pm
If it happen to also rub on future Shimano 12 speed set-up, the frame value would plummet badly then.
But that's unlikely, Sram set-up is a perfect storm of pushing out the last cog out plus reduce the last cog from 11t to 10t so the clearance is reduced to none.
I expect Shimano to maintain 11t on the last cog so it should be fine, but we'll see.
On the 2021 Supersix frames they have around 2.5mm clearance. Cannondale knew about the issue (claimed it was due to the layers of paint) and secrretly addressed it. My LBS has a 2021 Red Axs in stock and it's fine. We also took my rear wheel and put it on a 2021 Ultegra and no issue. They estimate 2.5mm clearance versus 0.5mm clearance on the 2019/2020 frames which can cause the chain to occasionally hit the stay when in the 10 cog. The fact Cannondale won't own up to the problem or provide any help to my LBS means I am done with the brand. Loyalty counts for nothing and their customer service is beyond terrible. I should have my BMC TeamMachine SLR01 frameset in March and my LBS will build it up from the Force AXS components from the Cannondale. Incidentally Teamachine in the shop had Force AXS on it and it had 5mm+ clearance.

Tobic
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:20 pm

by Tobic

Discodan wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:17 pm
I've run measured 32mm with no problems at all, at the time I measured the clearance and IIRC it was 4mm on each side at the tightest point so you should have no issues
Thats good news! Cycling in the UK in the Westcountry is def more fun with wide and supple rubber.

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



Post Reply