Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

req110

by req110

I recall 2/2020 when i took last minute flight to Canarian Islands with my bike.
Unfortunately it was Fuerteventura, the most windy island there, and my bike was Systemsix on 64mm Knots... You can imagine those descents 80km/h with 40km/h side wind. I was shitting bricks.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pottermouse

by Pottermouse

Has anyone got a SystemSix AND a SuperSix Evo (latest version)?

I have a 2014 SS Evo which is heading towards retirement, and am torn between the two. Not very hilly around here (Essex, UK) which makes me think SystemSix will be the better bike for speed, but what about all the other bits (comfort, handling)? Is the aero difference on the frame "worth it"?

refthimos

by refthimos

Pottermouse wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:41 am
I've had both bikes since their respective releases - links to builds in my signature. I tend to ride the EVO more, but mostly because it's custom painted and for solo training riding it has better climbing gears (50/34 with 11-28) than the SystemSix (52/36 with 11-30). The EVO is very slick and fast, but there is just something about the SystemSix that comes alive at speed, especially fast paceline type efforts. If I could only keep one, it would be the SystemSix. They look quite different, but in my opinion the differences between them are pretty subtle. Changing tires/PSI/saddles/bar tape will influence the feel of the bike more than a frame swap will.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

Pottermouse

by Pottermouse

refthimos wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:23 pm
Pottermouse wrote:
I've had both bikes since their respective releases - links to builds in my signature. I tend to ride the EVO more, but mostly because it's custom painted and for solo training riding it has better climbing gears (50/34 with 11-28) than the SystemSix (52/36 with 11-30). The EVO is very slick and fast, but there is just something about the SystemSix that comes alive at speed, especially fast paceline type efforts. If I could only keep one, it would be the SystemSix. They look quite different, but in my opinion the differences between them are pretty subtle. Changing tires/PSI/saddles/bar tape will influence the feel of the bike more than a frame swap will.
Thanks. Helpful.

S6ED

by S6ED

Spinnekop wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:48 am

We recently did a stint in some of South Africa's "high mountains" :lol:
https://www.strava.com/activities/4047935752
The bike was amazing. Handling was good on the descents and the ups was a piece of cake.
:thumbup:
The ride looks like lots of fun plus a very respectable elevation gain!

SA is a beautiful country. I'd visit just for Cape Saint Francis - those who've watched Endless Summer know what this means :)

UltraMaraFun

by UltraMaraFun

refthimos wrote:
Pottermouse wrote:
You know those two sets of cranks/cassettes it is actually 36/30 that gives you the easier ratio (1.20) vs 34/28 (1.21) easiest gear.
Nice choice of bikes though.
Bikes:
2020 SystemSIX Hi-Mod - Dura-Ace Di2 12 Speed
2021 Giant TCR ADV Pro Disc - Ultegra Di2 12 Speed
2020 Giant Revolt ADV 2
2019 Genesis Team Zero Disc - SOLD Oct 2020

refthimos

by refthimos

UltraMaraFun wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:49 pm
You know those two sets of cranks/cassettes it is actually 36/30 that gives you the easier ratio (1.20) vs 34/28 (1.21) easiest gear.
Nice choice of bikes though.
Yes, you are right! But I mistyped. The EVO has the compact (50/34) with the 11-30 cassette, while the SystemSix has the mid-compact (52/36) with the 11-28 cassette.

As a note, the EVO sprints just fine (though with that gearing it wouldn't be my choice for a race/flat sprint) and the SystemSix climbs just fine as well (though when the grades get in the double digits admittedly I'd prefer the EVO).
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

S6ED

by S6ED

Now if I could order a frameset in this livery!

Edit: I would perhaps ride it for a day or two.
Attachments
120574844_2820597764894003_5788019473255362838_n.jpg
Last edited by S6ED on Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

I'm not sure they'll sell those, maybe a limited run? If it's like other Palace collabs products, better get it quick before the price goes up, I wanted to get a pair of Adidas x Palace skateboard shoes earlier this year and the few I could find were 3X their original price!

S6ED

by S6ED

Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:30 pm
I'm not sure they'll sell those, maybe a limited run? If it's like other Palace collabs products, better get it quick before the price goes up, I wanted to get a pair of Adidas x Palace skateboard shoes earlier this year and the few I could find were 3X their original price!
Yes, I can imagine that if they were to sell these framesets they'd be considered collector's items and would command a premium price right from the gun. Most certainly nowhere near that special price posted here some time ago.

PS. Have you seen the TT helmets? :lol:

S6ED

by S6ED

Some new frameset colour schemes:
https://www.cannondale.com/en/bikes/roa ... 11181u1044

I kind of like the Mantis green fade.

Regarding the Giro special cartoon livery, it looks like the frames are painted white with yellow forks and then all logos are decals transfered on to the clear coat (if there's any):
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFztipgJXri ... _copy_link

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

S6ED wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:46 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:30 pm
Yes, I can imagine that if they were to sell these framesets they'd be considered collector's items and would command a premium price right from the gun. Most certainly nowhere near that special price posted here some time ago.

PS. Have you seen the TT helmets? :lol:
The TT helmet seals the deal! :mrgreen:

Having done graphics and videos for Cannondale in the past, I'm pleasantly surprised by this, their marketing team were always very, very conservative and rarely took any risks, maybe there are different people in charge now.

I agree the Mantis green frame looks pretty nice.

soreike

by soreike

haven't seen it done before, so had to try for myself, and yes - it can be done. mechanical shifting + internally routed vision metron 6d's.
should it be done? i don't know, but it works for me :D

full description over here
ss2020-001.JPG
ss2020-003.JPG

Mcr25

by Mcr25

Hi I’m hoping some of you knowledgeable people on here can help me in choosing a size bike that is best suited to me, I’m interested in the new Supersix Evo
My height is 180cm / 5’11”
My Inseam is 82/83 cm

Im considering either the Size 54 or 56 frame. I’m thinking I may be better suited to the smaller frame ? I Would say I have a longer torso or top half of my body is longer and shorter legs. I’m concerned about seat tube height on the size 56 frame and worried that I may not have much seat post exposure on the bike which may make me look and feel strange on bike

Can anyone help and give me advice it is much appreciated

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geraint

by Geraint

refthimos wrote:
Pottermouse wrote:
Awesome post, thank you :thumbup:

I have a Systemsix which I love to bits, it's the bike I take out for a smashup. I'm considering a Supersix as (n+1) for longer and/or more hilly rides, set up with a larger cassette and wider tyres for a more laid back option.