S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AyBee

by AyBee

ds240 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:48 pm
ds240 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:20 pm
Has anyone here put a direct mount rear derailleur hanger on their Venge?

If so, any issues and which are you using? I only seem to be able to find one by wheels manufacturing.
Anyone else?

I've ordered the wheels manufacturing one.
Not sure where you're based: https://www.ciclisport.com/33980/produc ... gKt8PD_BwE

Not got one yet, but will do soon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

I got the DM hanger just recently as well. Saves 6g over stock option. Yay, I guess. Otherwise there is no real difference.

MRM

by MRM

aeroisnteverything wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:23 am
Campervan wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:40 pm
aeroisnteverything wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:39 pm
I had CLX 50s before and to me the bike was just as good before. The front on the Rapides is more stable. That is the most readily apparent difference. Plus the much louder free hub (I really liked the quiet of the CLXs - might need to take the hub apart and add some grease to make it less noisy).
What tyre did you go for on the front?
Vittoria Corsa TLR, 25mm. Looks like this on the rim - you can see the lip but not that much when fully inflated.
That paint scheme is amazing!

Campervan

by Campervan

7.4kg with the new rapides (without pedals or garmin mount.
Attachments
IMG_20200912_162009.jpg
BMC Granfondo 02 105
Scott Scale 940
Boardman CXR 9.4 cxr CX/gravel mongrel
Btwin 540
Specialized Venge Pro Disc

Skeeleye

by Skeeleye

I'm thinking to remove 10mm of spacers (currently at 20mm) and change from the stock 90mm 6 degree stem to a 110mm 12 degree stem.

I know I then need to also get the proper upper transition to accommodate the 12 degree stem, but with changing so many variables at once, I'm worried that if I don't like the 12 degree stem I will need to once again take the bike to the mechanic to get the upper transition changed back to accommodate the 6 degree stem.

Can anyone confirm if the 12 degree upper transition would work with the 6 degree, or is what I said above correct and I would to reroute everything?

ohjinguh9

by ohjinguh9

Skeeleye wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:26 pm

Can anyone confirm if the 12 degree upper transition would work with the 6 degree, or is what I said above correct and I would to reroute everything?
youd have to reroute

RawrCal

by RawrCal

A few minutes with a dremel and I opened up both the 6 and 12 degree transition piece (at the space alloted for the cables) so I can interchange them at will. I have been able to play around removing some spacers, and swapping between 6 and 12 degree stems of different lengths to test different fits. It has been great, I recommend it. No way I am rerouting just to try a different stem. Keep in mind the hoses are really stiff so removing more than 20mm spacers may warrant a rerouting.

Skeeleye

by Skeeleye

Thanks both for the responses, @RawrCal I sent you a PM.

If anyone else has gone the route of filing down the transition to fit both, could you post pictures of what it's like and if you had any issues with it?

CasualRider

by CasualRider

Campervan wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:28 pm
7.4kg with the new rapides (without pedals or garmin mount.
Beatiful combo!
Tarmac SL8 Maganta Gold
Crux Green Pearl

Previous bikes:
Crux Forest Green
Tarmac SL7 Snake Eye
Venge Bora Team
Venge Purple
Trek Madone SLR 7

raggi

by raggi

Soooo two days ago during training I dropped the chain inwards while shifting to the small chainring, and that somehow resulted in my 4 year old Quarq DZero to fail, started by showing 0 power for around 20 minutes and then it showed crazy high watts for the last 30ish minutes of the ride, and then the next day when calibrating before a ride it gave me a huge negative number and then showed 0 power and only showed cadence for the entire ride..

Which brings me to my follow up question; it's a 2021 frameset with (presumably) OSBB bearings, and the crankset I'm replacing is a BB30 DZero, what power meter crankset do you guys recommend? It looks like all new Quarqs are now for DUB bb's so a straight swap looks to be out of the question..

Greg0rE

by Greg0rE

Wheels are in the post and I should finally be able to put this beauty together tomorrow 8)
IMG_9089.jpg

Skeeleye

by Skeeleye

@Raggi Maybe not what you're looking for, but I did the swap to the dub bb Quarq meter with Shimano rings and I have loved it so far with no problems.
Greg0rE wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:24 pm
Wheels are in the post and I should finally be able to put this beauty together tomorrow 8)

IMG_9089.jpg
Beautiful bike! Where did you get the paint done?

ds240

by ds240

AyBee wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:20 pm
ds240 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:48 pm
ds240 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:20 pm
Has anyone here put a direct mount rear derailleur hanger on their Venge?

If so, any issues and which are you using? I only seem to be able to find one by wheels manufacturing.
Anyone else?

I've ordered the wheels manufacturing one.
Not sure where you're based: https://www.ciclisport.com/33980/produc ... gKt8PD_BwE

Not got one yet, but will do soon.
Fitted it last night. Easy swap with just a bit of indexing required.

Ride this morning, all good. No massive difference, but gear changes perhaps felt a bit more positive.

Aesthetically, I like that it has tidied up the rear mech, less bulk.

RawrCal

by RawrCal

Skeeleye wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:07 am

If anyone else has gone the route of filing down the transition to fit both, could you post pictures of what it's like and if you had any issues with it?
In case anyone else was wondering: I dremeled out the bridge of plastic that forms the cable/hosing transition area (see pictures) on both a 6 degree and 12 degree transition piece. That way I can just slip the cables/hosing into and out of the transition piece anytime I want to change the stem to a different angle without the need to reroute the whole thing. Really easy and not at all noticeable. Also I used a cheap dremel on Amazon and I am typically not very handy so this was an easy fix!
Attachments
IMG_20200915_201230__01.jpg
IMG_20200915_201320__01.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Visus

by Visus

RawrCal wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:26 am
Skeeleye wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:07 am

In case anyone else was wondering: I dremeled out the bridge of plastic that forms the cable/hosing transition area (see pictures) on both a 6 degree and 12 degree transition piece. That way I can just slip the cables/hosing into and out of the transition piece anytime I want to change the stem to a different angle without the need to reroute the whole thing. Really easy and not at all noticeable. Also I used a cheap dremel on Amazon and I am typically not very handy so this was an easy fix!
Great idea. That's how they should have been designed by specialized.