Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Most of the time, just cleaning the seatpost head assembly and saddle rails and re-assembling solves clicks and creaks coming from that area, unless the saddle is broken?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chrispino

by chrispino

Joined the club after pieceing this one together over the last month or so.
Very much loving it so far.

bet1216

by bet1216

chrispino wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:14 pm
Joined the club after pieceing this one together over the last month or so.
Very much loving it so far.
Good looking bike! I will be the first ask...where did you get the EF derailleur hanger? What did your final weight end of being?

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Are you using Shimano chain? If yes you might want to check that it sits correctly (text out)
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

and that its not a counterfeit. no hollow pins!

didnt realize cannondale uses an outboard der hanger. thats sorta sketchy imo.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Shimano doesn't make only Dura Ace level chains...

I'm curious, why would the hanger being outboard matter or not if the derailleur itself sits exactly where it should be? (That's a Sigeyi DM hanger by the way, I have the same but black)

Hexsense

by Hexsense

FactoryMatt wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:27 pm
and that its not a counterfeit. no hollow pins!

didnt realize cannondale uses an outboard der hanger. thats sorta sketchy imo.
Maybe the chain is Ultegra like the rest of the bike?

What can go wrong with outboard rd hanger?
The through axle still go through hole in the frame before it reach thread in the outboard hanger. The clamping force press rd hanger against the frame better than inboard rd hanger that rely on small screw IMO.
Essentially, for inboard set-up you'll need aluminum thru-axle thread on the outside or mold into the frame (which make it not replaceable), then rd hanger stay inplace inboard with tiny screw.
This external RD hanger combine axle thread piece and rd hanger in one piece. Which keep through-axle thread replaceable, RD hanger more robust, and combinely light.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

just speculating, i'm not an expert on hanger design. if it bends inwards in a crash, it seems to me you're liable to crush the trailing edge of the dropout. with the inboard, the force is against the axle. Ibis MTB and Specialized (all) use inboard hangers. yes, you can't replace the axle threads, but they're not a point of failure unless you're abusive.

sorry, i was wrong about the chain. didn't know there wasn't an 801-level chain w/ hollow pins.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

FactoryMatt wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:00 pm
just speculating, i'm not an expert on hanger design. if it bends inwards in a crash, it seems to me you're liable to crush the trailing edge of the dropout. with the inboard, the force is against the axle. Ibis MTB and Specialized (all) use inboard hangers. yes, you can't replace the axle threads, but they're not a point of failure unless you're abusive.

sorry, i was wrong about the chain. didn't know there wasn't an 801-level chain w/ hollow pins.
I see your logic... In this case, the way the hanger is shaped and wraps around the back of dropout, I think that in case of an impact, it would bend in the thinner middle section, nearer the derailleur without risking too much damage to both the frame and the axle.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 17.28.51.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 17.28.33.png

BlackForestRider

by BlackForestRider

Good Morning everybody,

does anybody know if the issue with the small clearance between frame and chain for SRAM 12x still exist?
Considering buying a Hi Mod frame set EF, they go for 1990€ in Germany at the moment....

Another question:

Iam 184cm tall, 89cm inseam. Normal saddle height is 80cm from the BB center.
Does anybody have an experience, will 56cm fit?

Best regards
BlackforestRider

hannawald

by hannawald

At this price it is a steal! I don't have AXS, I have 56 at 184cm but 87 inseam, 77 saddle height. Depends on your desired saddle to bar drop. It should be about your size unless you have short hands and need a lot of spacers. But Supeesix is quite friendly on stack among race bikes..

BlackForestRider

by BlackForestRider

Thank you!

What stem are you using on your bike? 110mm? Have you removed the spacers?

Would it be possible that you post a picture of the bike to get an idea of the saddle to bar drop?

:-)
hannawald wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:18 am
At this price it is a steal! I don't have AXS, I have 56 at 184cm but 87 inseam, 77 saddle height. Depends on your desired saddle to bar drop. It should be about your size unless you have short hands and need a lot of spacers. But Supeesix is quite friendly on stack among race bikes..

hannawald

by hannawald

I have 100mm stem, Cannondale puts there also 100mm as stock option. But my problem is short hands, my arm span is just 177cm at 184cm, so i need some spacers..

hannawald

by hannawald

The one on the right is my 56, on the left is 54 which belongs to my friend.

trex

by trex

BlackForestRider wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:47 am
Good Morning everybody,

does anybody know if the issue with the small clearance between frame and chain for SRAM 12x still exist?
Considering buying a Hi Mod frame set EF, they go for 1990€ in Germany at the moment....

Another question:

Iam 184cm tall, 89cm inseam. Normal saddle height is 80cm from the BB center.
Does anybody have an experience, will 56cm fit?

Best regards
BlackforestRider
Would you be so kind and share where is that frame offered for 1990€? Any link?
Many thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com