Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Beancouter

by Beancouter

sohn wrote:Anyone experiencing a creaky bottom bracket with the 2020 Supersix Evo? Mine just randomly developed a creak today... Any tips for solving it?
Are you sure it’s not the seatpost clamp ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sohn

by sohn

Beancouter wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:12 pm
sohn wrote:Anyone experiencing a creaky bottom bracket with the 2020 Supersix Evo? Mine just randomly developed a creak today... Any tips for solving it?

100% sure. No creak when I am out of the saddle (I had seatpost creak before...). Any easy way to solve it short of dismantling the whole crankset?

ingenieur

by ingenieur

Beancouter wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:56 am
Wenne wrote:CANNONDALE SUPERSIX EVO INTERNAL SEAT BINDER, K26030
When does Cannondale make a new one ? mine is still making noise ...
I have been told there isn’t a new one.. that said, I have a replacement coming to me under warranty. I will check to see if there is any difference.

One important thing to check is that the mount has been fitted with the 3m double sided pad (see 6 below). Mine wasn’t supplied with it. Install pictures sent to me by cannondale below...Image

Has anyone tested this assembly? Does it work? Thanks

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

ingenieur wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:51 pm
Not sure what you mean, given we all have as that's the assembly that's in all the SuperSix Evo 3 frames ever since it launched.

It's been flawless for me and for all the people I know with the bike, some here seem to have trouble, it's debatable if it's user error or not.

ingenieur

by ingenieur

Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:59 pm
ingenieur wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:51 pm
Not sure what you mean, given we all have as that's the assembly that's in all the SuperSix Evo 3 frames ever since it launched.

It's been flawless for me and for all the people I know with the bike, some here seem to have trouble, it's debatable if it's user error or not.
It is about using 3m double side pad. I have some noises coming from the seatpost or seatpost clamp and my frame does not have the pad. Thanks
Last edited by ingenieur on Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

S6ED

by S6ED

sohn wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:39 pm
Beancouter wrote:

100% sure. No creak when I am out of the saddle (I had seatpost creak before...). Any easy way to solve it short of dismantling the whole crankset?
Check that every part of the crankset is tightened to specs (e.g. cranks @ 40Nm etc.). Also check your headset, sound travels in strange ways in a hollow carbon frame.

UncleAndross

by UncleAndross

A big thanks to everyone here, since your input over the last 160+ pages (whether you know it or not) has helped me get a stock Ultegra from 8.4kg to to 7.7kg (cages, mount and pedals included on both weights).

My goal: How low could I go with a 51 non-hi mod without replacing the stock HG wheels or tires? Nothing fancy, but anyone else working from a stock model might be interested in where I saved weight. Weight on left is component, right is what I saved:

• Seatpost: HG knøt carbon (165g) | 97g
• Saddle: S-works power arc (144g) | 72g
• Bars: Black Inc Carbon (+2cm, 228g) | 80g
• Casette: DA 11-30 (211g) | 109g
• Chainring: SpiderRing SL 10 arm 50/34 (156g) | 141g
• L Crank: Hollowgram Si (Stages 170mm, 174g) | 41g
• R Crank: Hollowgram Si (164g)| 54g
• Rotors SM-RT900 (238g) | 42g
• Chain: DA | 10g (wasn't planning on this upgrade but I snapped the stock)

• Cage, stem, faceplate bolts: Ti | only thing I didn't weigh
• Bar tape: S-wrap holo | Probably gained a bit because of the long screws in the endcaps

Still need to cut the steerer tube and will eventually throw some lighter wheels + and tires for racing, which makes me think this guy's future will only get brighter and lighter.
Attachments
bike-side.jpg

req110

by req110

Farsports f1 cockpit plus dura ace di2 or sram red etap, sisl2, completely different wheelset, as this one is close to 1700g. That should save you at least 500g.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

UncleAndross

by UncleAndross

Anyone having issues with the carbon seatpost seizing / being obstructed by the internal clamp?

I replaced my alu seatpost with the carbon one, applied some paste, torqued to 5nm, and heard a "ping" sound. Now I can't seem to adjust seatpost height once loosened without really REALLY pressing down on the post from the saddle. The sound it makes when it finally gets freed isn't friendly (same pinging sound), but no visible damage done after doing this twice.

I'm new to these kind of internal clamps but everything seems to be set in place and flush against the frame before I install the post.

PUNlSHER

by PUNlSHER

UncleAndross wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:27 pm
Anyone having issues with the carbon seatpost seizing / being obstructed by the internal clamp?

I replaced my alu seatpost with the carbon one, applied some paste, torqued to 5nm, and heard a "ping" sound. Now I can't seem to adjust seatpost height once loosened without really REALLY pressing down on the post from the saddle. The sound it makes when it finally gets freed isn't friendly (same pinging sound), but no visible damage done after doing this twice.

I'm new to these kind of internal clamps but everything seems to be set in place and flush against the frame before I install the post.
i use 4nm with complecting carbon paste on my caad13, no issue (weight 68kg)
btw. Who know, can i use rt-mt800 rotors (~ the same weight as sm-rt900, not so beautiful, but half the price) ?
S6 EVO3 - 6380g CAAD13 - 6626g TOPSTONE Al - 8195g

UncleAndross

by UncleAndross

i use 4nm with complecting carbon paste on my caad13, no issue (weight 68kg)
btw. Who know, can i use rt-mt800 rotors (~ the same weight as sm-rt900, not so beautiful, but half the price) ?
Thanks, I'll torque lower but after looking at the user manuals posted here I'm worried I might have turned around the nut base when I loosened it initially since the internal bit did come all the way out. Guess I'll have to do another worryingly forceful downward slam to get the post out and try to set it right unless anyone knows a better way. This thing is proper stuck otherwise with the external bolt loosened completely.

dmason

by dmason

US site updated with 2021 models, they do not offer several variations available outside the US, was looking for the team hi mod with mechanical Ultegra.

andyJC

by andyJC

sohn wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:39 pm
Beancouter wrote:

I had exactly the same issue. Clicking noise when I pedaled sat down, but stopped when I was out of the saddle. Turns out it was the seat post clamp.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

I had two source of creaking.
1) Pedal thread. Somehow, it only made noise when my right pedal is near 4pm spot.
2) I noticed that a crank spacer somehow permanently compressed, that make the crank have some play which is easily solved by readjust preload adjuster.
I almost change the bottom bracket, but two things above solve my bike noise.

ingenieur

by ingenieur

andyJC wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:56 pm

I had exactly the same issue. Clicking noise when I pedaled sat down, but stopped when I was out of the saddle. Turns out it was the seat post clamp.
Check also your saddle. I had noise when I pedaled sat down, but stopped when I was out of the saddle and it was not the seat post clamp, it was in the saddle where the rail enters the carbon body of the saddle. I had to change my saddle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com