Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all, it's been too long since I last loged in and I regret that I can't spend more time here.
A lot of things happened in the past few months, quite stressfull to be honest, but giving my best.

Just wanted to update you a bit - since the well known reason (the virus situation) we had quite a few problems - some delay in the material that we need for production, employees had to stay at home, etc.,.. and we are facing with some delays to our dealers, because of that some of you have to wait longer than predicted and I'm really sorry for that.
We as a manufacturer face with a different problem - some dealers still sell saddles like they are in stock, althought they don't have an ETA or any idea when we will deliver, even we are not sure and can't predict well, and unfortunately in some cases it can take some time that the saddles are delivered. I would like to ask for patience and I really feel sorry for all those who ordered our saddles somewhere and wait longer than expected. We'll give our best to make it worth waiting and slowly clearing all our delays, your understanding is much appreciated.

Hope all of you are doing well and I'll post more updates, also if there are any questions I didn't answered please just let me know.

We use a 5Nm limit because some seatpost systems can damage the saddle rails if tightened more than that. But most clamps which compress the saddle rails from both sides at the same area (and don't really cut them) then it is no problem to go up to 10Nm or in some casese even 16Nm (like Ritchey 1-bolt, S-Works, Factor,..seatpost).

Take care and h ope that you all didn't had too much stress in your personal life and that the situation won't impact you too much

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

...and an update of what I ride, as much as I can :)

Berk custom frameset with integrated stem/bar combo, our seatpost and saddle of course. The rest is Sram Red, THM Clavicula with KCNC chainrings, Ciamillo Gravitas brakes, Lightweight Ventoux/Gipfelsturm

MichaelK

by MichaelK

Berk wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:35 pm
Hope all of you are doing well and I'll post more updates, also if there are any questions I didn't answered please just let me know.
Hi Jure, glad to have you back in these troubled times.

Any progress on the wheel project?

PinaRene

by PinaRene

--
Last edited by PinaRene on Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Wow Jure, love the combo of bar and stem. What is it based on, because I like the shape of the bar.

tonchy

by tonchy

Your bike looks great, how much does it weight?
If possible, please share with us weight of stem/bar combo and seat post/saddle combo as well.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,
thank you!

The shape of the drop is very similar to Ritchey Curve, the reach is 74mm and drop 127mm. That handlebar/stem combo is 242g.
The custom seatpost has 124g + saddle. Not the lightest, but a bit different - we newer put it really in production, but wanted to try something a bit different. It was posted some time ago - the seatpost has a specific design.

I'll post more in the future as I just starded a new special bike projec.

After my coworker Aleš Arnež started this project: https://www.bikeradar.com/news/lightwei ... road-bike/ I decided to make another such bike, with as much parts made in-house as possible and I'll post all updates only in this topic. To see where the limits are, some M55J carbon fibre is already on the way to the company :thumbup:

An older photo of the 631g frame with integrated seatpost/saddle combo:

This time I'll make a frame only and my goal is to make it <500g for the frame only and I'm quite sure I'll manage to reach that goal. I'll keep you updated with photos during the process :thumbup:

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Awsome look forward to it!!!

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Yoln

by Yoln

Awesome work Jure. Looking forward to seing the frame project!
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

What kind of warranty comes with Berk saddles? I have a Lupina purchased in 2018 from Elite Velo Solutions that has formed a crack above seatpost clamp. I emailed Berk and await for an answer.
Attachments
IMG_4034.jpg
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Berk is generally superb at handling Warranty issues, am sure you will be covered, he can sometimes take a while to come back on email though

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Any more updates on whether the Berk frame will go into production?
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Ooooo yes :) ImageImageImageImageImage

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

jeanjacques

by jeanjacques

Hello Jure, what do you thing about the KCNC cobweb chainrings ? How is the shifting ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LewisK

by LewisK

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:24 pm
Ooooo yes :) ImageImageImageImageImage

Nice touch with the red, thats a great looking saddle!