Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

frogtape777

by frogtape777

Any suggestions for lightweight yet grippy bottle cages for the Supersix without going to Tune style money 8)

I like the look of the Tacx Ciro

Other option on my gravel bike is the Clarkes 22g Carbons

Finally how about a lightweight waterbottle tool holder?

:beerchug:

frogtape777

by frogtape777

*double post*

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

req110

by req110

Bontrager XXX
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

S6ED

by S6ED

frogtape777 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:17 am
Any suggestions for lightweight yet grippy bottle cages for the Supersix without going to Tune style money 8)

I like the look of the Tacx Ciro
Tacx Ciro is the best I've used so far. Just under 30g, holds the bottle very well, comes in any colour you like, matt or glossy, reasonably priced, indestructible.
Attachments
IMG_1481.JPG
IMG_1480 copy.jpg

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

frogtape777 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:14 am
Beancouter wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:44 pm
frogtape777 wrote:
Dan Gerous wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:38 pm

Yes, just a different branding, it's the exact same as the previous SI (not Hollowgram SI, just SI, these are not hollow which makes them less expensive to manufacture but heavier).
Just what I needed to hear cheers!

What kind of weight can be saved upgrading the whole crank to hollowgram?
My sisl2 weighs 527g with a 52/36 10 arm spidering - 175mm length .

The left arm weight is 131g and the stages replacement left (which is Si and not SISL2) weighs 177. Total unit is therefore 573g with left are power meter.
Thanks 8)
My SISL2 are a few grams lighter but my arms are a bit shorter at 172.5.

Just the two crankarms of the non-Hollowgram SI or One cranks add around 200gr compared to the SISL2, my 10 arms SpideRing 52/36 is 175gr, 50/34 I checked a bit lighter still, I don't know the weight of the 4-bolt separate spider and bolted chainrings but it is noticably heavier.

I have used Arundel mandible cages for years now, 25gr each, maybe a bit expensive though but I never had cages hold on so securely to any bottle shape (I have lost older Camelbak bottles on a few occasions with other cages when going over train tracks or something, but those bottle have a bad design IMO, yet they don't budge in the Arundel cages).

frogtape777

by frogtape777

Thanks Req, S6ed & Dan, going to look at all x3 of those cages.

Does the SuperSix Evo have a white paper anywhere, or proper spec list? Every other brand lists crank lenghs, stem lengths on each size of bike, handlebar widths, weights for each size, seems to be some big gaps on the cannondale site.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Cannondale's website is pretty poor on content and not very functional, I'm not sure if it's intentional to force consumers to visit/call their local dealers. I know the company really wants to support their dealers and see them as an important part of their business (like their announced move to eventually release new bike 'yearly collections' at the new year and not in the middle of summer).

For crankarms and stems, we can probably help given there is enough Cannondale owners here to know what lengths ship with almost all frame sizes. I know 54 frames come with 172.5 crankarms, 100 mm stems and 42cm wide bars, I think that's also the case for 56...

UncleAndross

by UncleAndross

I can speak for the 51 frame and what my components weighed:

170mm crank arms (443g combined)
90mm stem (120g)
40cm bars (308g)

Kroter

by Kroter

Hello guys, does anybody know the farsport handlebar cost?. Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-N975F mediante Tapatalk

UncleAndross

by UncleAndross

Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:39 pm
req110 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:21 am
Gents, does anyone know, what is the maximum tire clearance? I've read 30mm + 6mm, but have you tested some?

I am thinking about winter setup, some 32mm CX tires maybe...
It is 30mm officially but that's Cannondale playing it safe as it's hard to predict how big all tires can be on all rims with various level of wheel stiffness under various rider weights. So all their limits are with quite wide space around the tires.

But, I have seen a few riding 700x33 gravel/cx tires with small knobs and they didn't have any issues, I think Lachlan Morton was even using Vittoria Terrano Dry 700x35 on his. I have Panaracer GravelKings 700x32 that fit with room to spare but mine are not the SK versions with knobs but the micro diamond pattern ones. Obviously the tighter the tire gets, the more you should avoid riding in sticky mud that can build up and pick rocks that could scratch the frame and fork.
Advice or preferene on whether to go narrow and knobby or fat and slick when absolutely maxing out the tire clearance on this bike? Dan based on your input I'm guessing the options might be ~32mm with knobs and 35 without. My goal is to make it as palatable for gravel as possible since that's my only option as far as n+1 goes, but I've never had clearance beyond 28mm so this is all-new territory for me. Still using the stock HG rims.

Wenne

by Wenne

CANNONDALE SUPERSIX EVO INTERNAL SEAT BINDER, K26030
When does Cannondale make a new one ? mine is still making noise ...

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Wenne wrote:CANNONDALE SUPERSIX EVO INTERNAL SEAT BINDER, K26030
When does Cannondale make a new one ? mine is still making noise ...
I have been told there isn’t a new one.. that said, I have a replacement coming to me under warranty. I will check to see if there is any difference.

One important thing to check is that the mount has been fitted with the 3m double sided pad (see 6 below). Mine wasn’t supplied with it. Install pictures sent to me by cannondale below...Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discodan

by Discodan

UncleAndross wrote:
Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:39 pm
req110 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:21 am
Gents, does anyone know, what is the maximum tire clearance? I've read 30mm + 6mm, but have you tested some?

I am thinking about winter setup, some 32mm CX tires maybe...
It is 30mm officially but that's Cannondale playing it safe as it's hard to predict how big all tires can be on all rims with various level of wheel stiffness under various rider weights. So all their limits are with quite wide space around the tires.

But, I have seen a few riding 700x33 gravel/cx tires with small knobs and they didn't have any issues, I think Lachlan Morton was even using Vittoria Terrano Dry 700x35 on his. I have Panaracer GravelKings 700x32 that fit with room to spare but mine are not the SK versions with knobs but the micro diamond pattern ones. Obviously the tighter the tire gets, the more you should avoid riding in sticky mud that can build up and pick rocks that could scratch the frame and fork.
Advice or preferene on whether to go narrow and knobby or fat and slick when absolutely maxing out the tire clearance on this bike? Dan based on your input I'm guessing the options might be ~32mm with knobs and 35 without. My goal is to make it as palatable for gravel as possible since that's my only option as far as n+1 goes, but I've never had clearance beyond 28mm so this is all-new territory for me. Still using the stock HG rims.
I measured this a while ago by checking the clearance from my measured 32mm tyres to the frame/forks using an Allen key as a feeler gauge. I can’t remember which was the front and which was the rear (oops) but the absolute maxed out clearance was 40mm and 42mm. You’d want to play it safe a reduce that by at least 5mm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

I think a new seat binder would be the exact same, but the 'GREASE' and 'CARBON PASTE' markings in a bigger font!
:mrgreen:
UncleAndross wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:28 pm
I guess it depends of your local definition of gravel, so many different types exist, loose with bigger chunks, loose but dustier, smoother and hard packed...

Personally, I have been riding gravel roads even back in the days of 700x23 slicks, it was just sketchier and slower than now, but it may define my tire choice. It also depends if your ride are 100% on gravel or 75/25% or 50/50% or 10/90%. I rarely do rides that are 100% gravel so I would tend to pick something bigger and slicker over smaller and knobbier as I find it rides well enough on my type of gravel, knobs don't seem to help that much but is a lot nicer and faster on paved and hardpacked sections. Here in the spring it tends to be much looser and muddier as the snow melts and they sometimes adde fresh gravel and/or scrape it loose to straighten the road surface, then I will probably use my CX bike with slightly more tread on the tires, but even then, a smooth file is usually my choice... and I would pick that bike mostly because it's usually already dirty so I don't care as much!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sohn

by sohn

An update on my Supersix Evo Ultegra rim brake build. When I first got the bike, it weighed at 8.14kg with pedals and bottle cages.

Since then, I have replaced several parts to bring the weight down to around 7.2kg.
  • Saddle: Bontrage Montropose Pro (169g). Weight saving: 107g
  • Seatpost: Cannondale Hollowgram SL 27 KNOT Carbon (162g). Weight saving: 99g
  • Crankset: Cannondale Si Hollowgram (8-arm) (602g). Weight saving: 131g
  • Handlebars: Zipp SL-70 Aero 38cm (222g). Weight saving: 88g
  • Wheels: Parcours Grumpeur (1350g). Weight saving: 300g
  • QR skewers: Parcours (55g*2). Weight saving: 90g
  • Tyres: Continental GP5000 25mm (232g*2). Weight saving: 36g
  • Inner tubes: Continental Race Light (76g*2). Weight saving: 58g
  • Cassette: Ultegra 11-30 (269g). Weight saving: 35g
A groupset upgrade may come in the future to drop a bit more weight. I know I can also save a bit more on the crankset by going with SISL2 but 165mm cranks are not available for that series. I wasl also considering using a Kalloy Uno stem but not sure if I trust a £20 stem to hold my £200 carbon handlebars!