'Moment of Madness' Tarmac SL6 Rim

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: maxim809, MrCurrieinahurry, Moderator Team

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Imaking20 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:34 pm
Ah. I just figured I might have since your OP included two quotes from me. My mistake. Enjoy the bike!
Those quotes were from others, although I can see why you'd think they were yours having now read your comments about your two Tarmacs 8)

Forgot to order Shimano-fit brake pads for the EEs so a slight delay in getting the first ride in, but it is now otherwise ready:

Better pics will follow...

by Weenie

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Looks awesome mate.. Not sure on the bar tape tho :)

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

mrlobber

by mrlobber

IMHO, you need EPS and black bar tape, then it would be just about PERFECT :thumbup:
Ex-bikes: Cube Aerium C68 SLT 2018 / Cervelo S5 2015 / Felt AR FRD 2014 / Cannondale SS HM 2014 / Scott Addict SL 2014 / Scott Plasma Premium 2014 / Orbea Orca 2008 / Look 596

LewisK

by LewisK

Stunning build but...what an earth is going on with the bar tape? Rear brake cable needs a trim, other than that pretty much spot on :-)

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Bar tape will always be an ever-changing feast. I keep old tapes when I remove them (usually because I change tapes very regularly and they're often barely used). This purple stuff was the best of a bad bunch until I decide what to get.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Amazing bike.. Flaaaamed for the tape,

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

mrlobber wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:38 am
IMHO, you need EPS and black bar tape, then it would be just about PERFECT :thumbup:
I like the tactility of mechanical too much to bother spending AU$3k+ on an EPS upgrade kit.

Also, FWIW, this bike will *never* wear black tape - it's too dull.

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Damn, the purple is amazing, just perfect. I debated a lot over it and since official photos made it look a bit too light then decided on a matte black. Your pics kinda make me regret it but whats done is done. Love mine anyway.
There might be a chance a red tape matching the logo could work? Otherwise, a darker purple? But don't let us ruin your fun :D As long as it is not neon green :D
Is that a 56? What saddle is that?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Alexandrumarian wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:02 pm

There might be a chance a red tape matching the logo could work? Otherwise, a darker purple?
I have some of the Supacaz 'bling' blue that I might try, otherwise the Supacaz oil slick could be worth a try.

The 'Acid Red' logo colour is very much a pink - but it's much brighter than a baby pink yet not quite a neon/fluoro pink!
Alexandrumarian wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:02 pm

Is that a 56? What saddle is that?
Yes, 56. Saddle is an SQlab 612R Carbon.

tanghy

by tanghy

pls compare vs your TIME

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Yeah the blue carbon might be perfect. Think i might order it for my movistar canyon.

How do you like the EEs so far. I have the latest gen campy on mine, very happy with them except the porkiness.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

tanghy wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:23 am
pls compare vs your TIME
Hard to do a direct comparison as they're quite different bikes. The SL6 has a more aggressive fit, more race-like handling (more twitchy in the steering) and generally feels more lively. That said, the SL6 is also no less smooth or comfortable.
Alexandrumarian wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:12 am
Yeah the blue carbon might be perfect. Think i might order it for my movistar canyon.
See below... :wink:
Alexandrumarian wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:12 am
How do you like the EEs so far. I have the latest gen campy on mine, very happy with them except the porkiness.
I've used the EEs before (direct mount and every model of the standard version). I much prefer them over the Campagnolo direct mount brakes, which is why I decided to go with these. I find them easier to setup well than the Campag ones, and more powerful.

Tape changed (Supacaz 'bling' blue carbon) and tyres changed - it's a much better behaved bike on the 28s (Rene Herse Cayuse Pass at the moment) and the lighter, less orange tanwall colour suits the bike much better - and it still weighs in just under 6.7kg:

Unfortunately the Praxis>Campag BB adapter is creaking, though :evil:

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

The below changes drop the weight to 6.55kg without the Garmin and lights. It's only 6.75kg 'ready to ride' now too:

• Top cap changed from metal Cinelli with steel bolt to Carbon-Ti alu bolt with carbon plate
• Bottle cages changed from Arundel Mandibles to Carbonworks v2.1 (probably not much difference)
• Light mount changed from Knog PWR to 'Tidy Light' for Exposure Trace under K-Edge Garmin mount (probably net added weight as there was previously no computer on the bike, but 'ready to ride' weight is probably less with the Exposure)
• Skewers changed from stock Campag to Extralite Streeters (probably the biggest change)

I also stopped the Praxis BB adapter creaking, but I have a C-Bear replacement on the way anyway.

I'm contemplating a switch to Lightning v2 cranks for weight savings on par with THM Clavicula SE at half the cost. A change of wheels would easily drop another 200-400g (e.g. 49mm Caden 'Decadence' tubs would save 300g *and* be deeper), but I like the WTOs so I'm reluctant to do that.

Also found some bottles that match the logo perfectly!:

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Nice bike.
If you could get the fir right, you could save 70gr at least with a Darimo seatpost.

by Weenie

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Thanks.

Yes, I'm aware of the Darimo option; and I can get the fit right with one. I'm concerned it'll make the rear end quite harsh compared to the S-Works post, though - and I think I'd feel the need to get a matching stem too, which isn't good given that I've just spent a small fortune ordering an Alpitude Garmin mount to fit my Hyperstem!