tonytourist's beaters - NEW GUY HERE THESE ARE MY RIDES- updated CRUX P4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

easyv

by easyv

Oh, and of course, being WW, how much does it weigh?!?

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Not sure on the weight, I need to borrow a scale but it is fat. Overall the Strada is a pretty solid bike, I rode it with the prior setup for awhile but hadn't been on it in about 6 weeks as I tore it apart a little early. After riding the Exploro with 38mm knobbies and then slicks, the Strada feels like a missile. I'm trying to get used to the Enve bar as it is narrower than anything I've ever used.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mikeysanders

by Mikeysanders

tonytourist wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:02 pm
Not sure on the weight, I need to borrow a scale but it is fat. Overall the Strada is a pretty solid bike, I rode it with the prior setup for awhile but hadn't been on it in about 6 weeks as I tore it apart a little early. After riding the Exploro with 38mm knobbies and then slicks, the Strada feels like a missile. I'm trying to get used to the Enve bar as it is narrower than anything I've ever used.
Hey mate, wondering what your thoughts are on the strada due given a bit more time to ride it?

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Mikeysanders wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:35 am
I'm really enjoying the Strada. I had originally intended it to be a temporary bike to hold me over between the SL6 and SL7, however, I don't think the SL7 is enough of an improvement to justify the expense of a new frame. The bike handles exceptionally and I have set several PRs on descents and even stole a KOM from a friend and knowing that I could have gone faster. These are all roads that I frequently ride so it's not like I haven't tried before. I would definitely recommend the Strada if you're in the market for a bike, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask or PM me.
Also, as an update, the Trek Top Fuel is gone. I have an Epic Evo Pro on order but really want to do the S Works frame but stock is nonexistent. If anyone has any info on a medium in green, let me know! :beerchug: :beerchug:

AnkitS

by AnkitS

tonytourist wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:13 pm
Mikeysanders wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:35 am
I'm really enjoying the Strada. I had originally intended it to be a temporary bike to hold me over between the SL6 and SL7, however, I don't think the SL7 is enough of an improvement to justify the expense of a new frame. The bike handles exceptionally and I have set several PRs on descents and even stole a KOM from a friend and knowing that I could have gone faster. These are all roads that I frequently ride so it's not like I haven't tried before. I would definitely recommend the Strada if you're in the market for a bike, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask or PM me.
Also, as an update, the Trek Top Fuel is gone. I have an Epic Evo Pro on order but really want to do the S Works frame but stock is nonexistent. If anyone has any info on a medium in green, let me know! :beerchug: :beerchug:
TLDR: TonyTourist's trust fund has run out and he is only riding the Strada because he can't afford an sl7. He's gonna buy an epic to ride with me but it's gonna take him 2 years to get it built. :smartass: :unbelievable:

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Trust fund? Haha. You've got me confused with your uncle Eugene :( :(

nismosr

by nismosr

how'd you like the Strada Due Tony, what size is it.. and is the seapt long enough for you saddle height ? I have a small one that I bought last month from a 3T rep and the post is a bit too short from my measurement, pretty much all stock right now.

ImageUntitled by nismosr, on Flickr
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

nismosr

by nismosr

ops ignore the hows the strada question, didn't read all the comments before posting that question .. maybe the seatpost question, 3t USA is out of stock right now of the longer seatpost.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

tonytourist

by tonytourist

The seat post is barely long enough for my saddle height, 3T should include a slightly longer one as mine is right on the limit. Mine looked like yours, Nismo, except I had the C45/32 wheels.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

A new POS has been added to the fleet!
2021 S Works Epic EVO. After selling the Top Fuel I was trying to figure out what to replace it with. I had considered a few other bikes like the Tall Boy and Ripley but ultimately decided upon an Epic Evo. Originally I had ordered the Pro model, however, I quickly realized that I would then be subject to immense ridicule by an annoying teenager so a phone call to my favorite LBS solved that problem. After being sent the wrong bike the first time, I finally was able to get the correct one but then the state decided to catch on fire so I hadn't had a chance to ride it until today. First impressions are quite good but I actually need to ride on some more challenging trails before I can comment on the differences between this and the Top Fuel. Enough words, picture time:

Also, before icantaffordcycling tries to talk trash, at least my paint job doesn't look like some crap Taylor Phinney would paint! :smartass: :mrgreen: :podium: :no1: :nospamhere:

AnkitS

by AnkitS

tonytourist wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:31 am
I would then be subject to immense ridicule by an annoying teenager
You still cheaped out. If you wanted to pretend to have cashed out, you should have at least taken the pedals and bottle cages off for the photos. I bet you paid for them with food stamps again. You are still going to be ridiculed for being poor, sorry broski.
tonytourist wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:31 am
Also, before icantaffordcycling tries to talk trash, at least my paint job doesn't look like some crap Taylor Phinney would paint!
Bro, ugly paint = exclusive as *f##k*. My frame, limited edition. Your run of the mill mass-produced frame ain't get NO likes on the gram.

Is that a 32t chainring? Are you even strong enough to be posting here? Didn't you see 5kg for 40 minutes is a new minimum.

Honestly, I thought that my brain had already turned into mush after work today. After looking at your current bunk dated fleet, my brain turned into a 7/11 Slurpee. No SL7, no Racemax, no clout. Stop fake flexing.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Specialized does you the favor of including one free bottle cage and a measly 32T chain ring when you buy the complete build. For being limited edition, I've seen a lot of those frames online and all of them look better than your trash, especially Daniel's. You know the Strada is legit, so don't fake hate. BTW, where is your LOW?? I'll probably have another road bike by the time you get that :lol: :lol: I'm still mad I gave away my 11ti pedals but don't worry, I have another set coming :idea:

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Long time no update, a few changes to the fleet have since occurred, but for now I'll update this with my most recent build.
2022 Tarmac SL7
After going back and forth on whether to get the S Works frame and then the shop selling the Jet Fuel color in 54, I decided to carefully examine the geometry chart and realized that while the 54 would still have a decent amount of drop, it would actually have been higher than the Strada was due to the -17 angle I was running, so since Instagram likes are the only metric that really matter to me, I decided to go with a 52 and a 130 -12. I need to weigh this but it's lighter than the Strada so whatever!
Last edited by tonytourist on Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Oh and since I had Imgur open, here's the replacement MTB for the Evo. I was trying to sell it but people would rather lowball you and "offer" half of what you're asking on PB, hard pass.
2021 Stumpjumper S4
Fox 34 Grip 2 Factory
XTR 9100, 9120 brakes, Quarq with 34T ring
Fox Transfer Factory
Enve M635s on I9 hubs
Enve alloy 35mm stem, One Up bar
Weight: FAT
I've only ridden it maybe 7 times, I need to dust it off so I don't wreck my face for a friends bachelor weekend in a few months.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Tarmac looks real nice, the electrical post in the middle of the trail is interesting

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com