Factor LS

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

jmfreeman535

by jmfreeman535

I have a set of the Black Inc. intergated bars on my R5, and it comes with Garmin commuter mount which is extremely nice, and clean looking. They make one that is that a has GoPro/light attactment, as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sigma

by sigma

kode54 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:24 pm
I got this email....

======================================================================
Order the New Factor LS Frameset and Receive a Free Integrated Barstem Upgrade
To celebrate the launch of the Factor LS, we are offering subscribers a free Black Inc Integrated Barstem upgrade (worth $650) with any LS frameset purchased online through the Factor Bikes website.

Simply place your order and use the coupon code 'integrated2020' at checkout and we will take care of the rest. Once we have received your order a member of our team will be in touch to confirm bar/stem sizing.
* This offer is valid until Tuesday 30 June 2020 and only applies to the Factor LS Frameset. Orders must be placed directly through factorbikes.com. Limited to one per customer. For any questions, please email sales@factorbikes.com.
thanks!
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

kode54

by kode54

I may sell mine and just use what I have. I’ll have to wait until I get the integrated bar stem and make a choice thereafter. It’ll reduce the cost of the frame even further.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

gwerziou wrote:
zmjones wrote:what is wrong with bb86? i've never had a problem. the shimano standards seem fine.
BB86 is only good for small diameter crank spindles. It's as good as press-fit can be for those, ha ha. There are a few attempts like Kogel, Easton etc to fit a 30mm crank to a BB86 but they are, uh, really terrible to be honest. It just doesn't work. As long as you don't go 30mm you are fine. I see BBinfinite makes a one-piece shell for a 30mm spindle on a BB86 but it is frighteningly expensive. After replacing 3 bottom brackets I just put back on my old GXP crankset, so now I have a lovely Easton crankset waiting for another frame that can use it.
Oh dear! No issues with my EC90 SL in a BB86.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwerziou

by gwerziou

ultimobici wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:10 pm
Oh dear! No issues with my EC90 SL in a BB86.
Wow, that is great news and sadly, not the norm. After several installs by reputable mechanics, I'm beginning to think that the frame might have some tolerance issues that come into play with the small BB opening and large spindle... Getting away from BB86 is a small part of my interest in the Factor LS! In the meantime, I changed my plans from a Campy drivetrain with Easton crankset to a Campy drivetrain with Chorus crankset.
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

sigma

by sigma

jmfreeman535 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:18 pm
I have a set of the Black Inc. intergated bars on my R5, and it comes with Garmin commuter mount which is extremely nice, and clean looking. They make one that is that a has GoPro/light attactment, as well.
Ordered one this morning with a custom paint job and the barstem offer. Thank you again.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

What custom paint job did you go for?

sigma wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:30 pm
jmfreeman535 wrote:
Ordered one this morning with a custom paint job and the barstem offer. Thank you again.
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

jmfreeman535

by jmfreeman535

sigma wrote:
jmfreeman535 wrote:
Sure thing! I'm curious as to what color you order, as well.

I really wanted one- in Burt Orange- but ultimately decided that the stack/reach wouldn't have worked for me...so, I picked up an Aspero instead. Definitely post some photos once it arrives :thumbup:

sigma

by sigma

jmfreeman535 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:06 pm
sigma wrote:
jmfreeman535 wrote:
Sure thing! I'm curious as to what color you order, as well.

I really wanted one- in Burt Orange- but ultimately decided that the stack/reach wouldn't have worked for me...so, I picked up an Aspero instead. Definitely post some photos once it arrives :thumbup:
So I am building up the last iteration of rim brake Tarmac (SL6) as a travel bike / Covid project to use up my rim brake part leftovers which is spectraflair orange and silver (Ron Jones did the job). Otherwise I would have done the burnt orange / silver metallic for the LS, so I second your choice strongly! I did a blue base / Silver panel / red logo. My wife remarked she loved the blue base in metallic when she looked at what I was doing and this will lessen the impact of N+1 discussions later :) I will post when it shows up!

sigma

by sigma

alexneumuller wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:33 pm
What custom paint job did you go for?

sigma wrote:
jmfreeman535 wrote:
I did the metallic choice equipe with blue base, stirling silver panel, and red logo. A close second would have been burnt orange + stirling silver also in metallic though it's too close to one of my other bikes. Very easy to deal with them.

gwerziou

by gwerziou

I'm about 90% sure that this is going to be my next frame. I was looking at the Pursuit Cycles AllRoad, with similar geometry but over $4500 USD for the frameset... it does have a T47 though. Anyways, I'm stoked to see/hear back from purchasers about what they think of this bike!
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

jmfreeman535

by jmfreeman535

sigma wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:13 pm
So I am building up the last iteration of rim brake Tarmac (SL6) as a travel bike / Covid project to use up my rim brake part leftovers which is spectraflair orange and silver (Ron Jones did the job). Otherwise I would have done the burnt orange / silver metallic for the LS, so I second your choice strongly! I did a blue base / Silver panel / red logo. My wife remarked she loved the blue base in metallic when she looked at what I was doing and this will lessen the impact of N+1 discussions later :) I will post when it shows up!
The metallic blue was the other color that I was playing around with, while fantasizing about getting one (dam you tall stack height!), so I'm extra curious about how yours will look in real life.

I want to see the SL6 as well

sigma

by sigma

jmfreeman535 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:41 am
sigma wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:13 pm
The metallic blue was the other color that I was playing around with, while fantasizing about getting one (dam you tall stack height!), so I'm extra curious about how yours will look in real life.

I want to see the SL6 as well
not sure it is helpful, but i have found on my original gravel bike that I needed 15-20mm more stack than my road bike terrain dependent. Some of the stuff I ride is pretty steep and bumpy, but I suspect I won't use this bike for that, so probably on the lower end of stack add-on. I have never built a dedicated racer, so I made sure I could adjust fully with a stem / bar combo to get to my normal road coordinates if necessary. I will get some pics of the SL6 up - it actually has snowed out here in Utah this week, but the sunshine and summer have just returned so I will pull it out.

kode54

by kode54

gwerziou wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:11 pm
I'm about 90% sure that this is going to be my next frame. I was looking at the Pursuit Cycles AllRoad, with similar geometry but over $4500 USD for the frameset... it does have a T47 though. Anyways, I'm stoked to see/hear back from purchasers about what they think of this bike!
Having owned a Factor O2 with PF30...I must say that Factor does a great job with PF30. I've had more issues with other PF30 so I can understand your concerns.

edit: I ordered a BBright Hambini BB and plan to use a THM crank.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jmfreeman535

by jmfreeman535

sigma wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:29 pm
not sure it is helpful, but i have found on my original gravel bike that I needed 15-20mm more stack than my road bike terrain dependent. Some of the stuff I ride is pretty steep and bumpy, but I suspect I won't use this bike for that, so probably on the lower end of stack add-on. I have never built a dedicated racer, so I made sure I could adjust fully with a stem / bar combo to get to my normal road coordinates if necessary. I will get some pics of the SL6 up - it actually has snowed out here in Utah this week, but the sunshine and summer have just returned so I will pull it out.
I figured the same, when I first got a gravel bike; more stack/shorter reach, better control...but my back didn't like that idea. Thus, me shopping for a new frame.
I had the same issue when I had a Domane a couple of years ago. My body just seems to like a long/low position :noidea:

I tend to stick to the fast/smoother dirt anyways, so the road position works.