Water bottle recommendation

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SamD

by SamD

Anybody has experience with fitting the v3 Camelbak Podiums (21oz / 24oz) in Supacaz Fly Cage Ano bottle cages?

I'm interested in these cages and I wonder whether the v3 Camelbaks fit tight in there. I live in Belgium so it should be able to survive some cobbles every now and then. I'm now using Specialized rib cages. These have a raised part near the neck of the bottle to lock Spesh bottles in place. This raises the top of the Camelbak bottles a bit from the frame as they don't have this indent.

Re: the bottles themselves, I've been experimenting with bottles, tried Camelbak v2 first, then v3, tried Spesh for easier cleaning but the leaking issue is the most irritating one for me (especially when I bring bottles in my jersey pocket / when I ride on my smart trainer / when it drips on my white bike frame). Therefore, I'm now going full Camelbak v3, no leakage, cleaning the v3s is still a chore but better than v2s...

justonwo

by justonwo

I hate my Camelbak Podium.

Purist all the way. I prefer the MoFlo lid because it delivers a lot more water at once and is easier to clean. Watergate restricts flow too much.

You can buy the caps separately, by the way.
2020 Pinarello F12 AXS Red (Zipp 353)
2021 S-Works Aethos Di2 9200 (Alpinist CLX II)
2006 Cervelo Soloist
2021 S-Works Epic

Retired: 2014 S-Works Roubaix
2020 S-Works Roubaix
2020 Canyon Ultimate
2018 S-Works Camber

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Flowy

by Flowy

I started using elastic titanium waterbottles from keego.at. They are taste neutral because of the titanium no sugar will stay insite the bottle.
So no plastic is used which is also a good thing. But they not cheap but hopefully last longer than the normal plastic bottles and are more healthy.

To clean up waterbottles I use dental cleaning tablets. Pretty cool tabs loosen all the nasty stuff insite the bottle cap. Also nice to clean other things, my wife loves them 😊

jellejanssen

by jellejanssen

The tablets is a good tip, thanks

justonwo

by justonwo

Flowy wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:47 am
I started using elastic titanium waterbottles from keego.at. They are taste neutral because of the titanium no sugar will stay insite the bottle.
So no plastic is used which is also a good thing. But they not cheap but hopefully last longer than the normal plastic bottles and are more healthy.

To clean up waterbottles I use dental cleaning tablets. Pretty cool tabs loosen all the nasty stuff insite the bottle cap. Also nice to clean other things, my wife loves them 😊
The shape doesn't look great for a water bottle cage. How well does the cage hold it in?
2020 Pinarello F12 AXS Red (Zipp 353)
2021 S-Works Aethos Di2 9200 (Alpinist CLX II)
2006 Cervelo Soloist
2021 S-Works Epic

Retired: 2014 S-Works Roubaix
2020 S-Works Roubaix
2020 Canyon Ultimate
2018 S-Works Camber

Flowy

by Flowy

Use it on a XC MTB with a side loader cage from Syncros. Never had an issue or dropped the bottle.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Flowy wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:47 am

This is weightweenies. List the weight of this bottle please.

Flowy

by Flowy

The Keego 1st generation which I have is 95g. The 2nd Gen is 90g. (750ml)
To compare - My Camelbak Isolated Podium Ice bottle is 143g.
The Keego bottle have also an isolation effect, keeps the water in the summer longer cold.

ms82

by ms82

This Keego bottle looks nice. I could save money and weight on bottle+cage combo. How would you rate it? Would you buy it again? And why - because it is not plastic or because it has other benefits?