Gaerne G.Stilo 2017 vs Gaerne Carbon G.Stilo 2019

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

Hi there.. Interested in Gaerne Carbon G.Stilo 2019 shoes...

I allready have G.Stilo 2017 in size 43 and fit me well (after some riding shorter distance, until they shape to my a bit wide feet)

1. Is there anything changed in sizing and fit in this new model? Or if 2017 model fit me well (previous model) in 43, i should go again in 43 for new model? Is there any difference in width/length old vs new model?

2. I can see in descrition that new model increase cleat positioning for extra 9mm.. What that mean? Wider/Longer positioning area?

How more mm i can put cleats on the back vs old model (not sure if this 9mm is overall, length and width in cleat positioning or just in length)

3. What are improvements or difference for new model vs old one?

Tried to find some reviews for new one, but not possible..

Another option is to get same pair (2017 model), since i can see them discountinued...

Here not so many option to buy from LBS, so that why thinking to get what im used of it and what i tried (this time mail order, since no G.Stilo on stock localy as it was last time i bought the pair i use now..)

3Pio

by 3Pio

I got them yesterday and still not tried them on bike ... Compared with old 2017 model look a bit more retro, but also seem that fit is a bit better for my feet.I can see that there is less vertical space and also look like heel is tigher..Another difference is stiffer carbon sole and 9 mm more cleat space

But final words when i have some km's on themImageImageImage

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Cdavies102

by Cdavies102

Keen to hear how they are after a few KM, they look great.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Cdavies102 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:01 pm
Keen to hear how they are after a few KM, they look great.
Will share as soon as i try them.. I just put them on scale, and seem like 8 gm per shoe lighter then old version.. (in 43 size they are 284 gm per shoe)

kgt

by kgt

Nice shoes!

3Pio

by 3Pio

kgt wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:28 pm
Nice shoes!
Thanks kgt... It was ur fault 2 years ago, when i decide to check G.Stilo 2017 :)

This new model seem that fit my feet a bit better..

What problems i had with 2017 version

1. It was too narrow on the sides on the feet (in the widest part of the foot), so had to wear them on shorts rides for about 2000-3000 km until they shaped around my feet.

On new version seem like sligtly wider and not tight that much (or maybe my foot become skinier since i lost some weight)

2. On 2017 version verticaly there was a bit more volume then i want/need (i correct this using Specialized insoles)

On new version somehow they fit tighter and more around my feet (im wearing them at home for few hours today, to check if they are comfy enough or not, using stock insoles)

3. On 2017 version in heel area , they feel a bit more loose then i want (anyway Specialized InSoles helped, and no problems even in hard sprint efforts)

On this new version, they seem like more tight there (but no painfull for last few hours i wear them)

Whole fit on this new version is more around feet, tighter, but not painfull

And carbon sole seem like stiffer...

Anyway i'll share how i find them after some riding ....

llty4837

by llty4837

Have you ever worn Shimano wide fit version shoes?

by Weenie

3Pio

by 3Pio

llty4837 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:57 am
Have you ever worn Shimano wide fit version shoes?
Unfortunately no chance to try them.. I have to go online and for shoes is a bit problematic since i want to have a chance to try them...

My biggest problem is that my left feet is 42 1/3 and right one is 43. So with 43 right is perfect, but too big on left.. Custom insoles helped a bit, but not solved the problem totaly..

In meanwhle i ordered a new pair of Gaerne G.Stilo but this time 42 1/2 on left and 43 on right. Also positive thing is that i never weared the new Gaerne shoes shown in this thread, which will be exchanged for another pair of 42 /12 and 43 on right. So this way i'll have two brand new pairs with proper sizing for my different size shoes.. Unfortunately have to wait until this virus thing is gone, since seem at a moment no possible to order Gaerne from Italy...