S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

scapewalker

by scapewalker

faustin07 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:48 pm
Hi all, maybe already discussed but I want able to find enough feedback. Do you use your venge with turbo trainer?
I mounted it (with 142mm axe) on my tacx neo. It seems moving more than the cannondale (the one usually use) but no noise or strange behavior.

The all things however seems really delicate to me and I’m afraid to make damage on the carbon frame.

What do you think? Any experiences?
I have been using it for the past 3 months on my Neo and it's been quite solid even though the seat post flexes quite a bit.

Just got a good deal on a teammachine slr02 so i will use that on the trainer instead :D

calv1n

by calv1n

Hexsense wrote:
icantaffordcycling wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:57 am
Nefarious86 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:11 am
Has anyone got a pic of a Venge stem on a Tarmac etc?. Curious how they look and if it could be run with no dust cap too...
Set one up for customer, let me see if I can find a picture. It looks a little out of place.

Edit: found a photo.
Why would you not use the cap? It look so much better with one. The cap that still allow you to add spacer or another round headset cap on top.
Picture of my Allez Sprint with -12degree 120mm Venge Stem
Does anyone know what this torch / light is?
Or other options that work well with the computer mount?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

That’s a Cycliq Fly12 CE dashcam/light.

calv1n

by calv1n

TobinHatesYou wrote:That’s a Cycliq Fly12 CE dashcam/light.
Cool thanks.
Any recommendations for decent regular lights that would attach below this mount?

IceLed

by IceLed

scapewalker wrote:
faustin07 wrote:
Hi all, maybe already discussed but I want able to find enough feedback. Do you use your venge with turbo trainer?
I mounted it (with 142mm axe) on my tacx neo. It seems moving more than the cannondale (the one usually use) but no noise or strange behavior.

The all things however seems really delicate to me and I’m afraid to make damage on the carbon frame.

I have been using it for the past 3 months on my Neo and it's been quite solid even though the seat post flexes quite a bit.

Just got a good deal on a teammachine slr02 so i will use that on the trainer instead :D
Zero issues for the last 4 months... But in all honesty, initially I had Tacx Neo 2, which was using some sketchy proprietary skewer instead of the original through axle of the Venge...
I didn't like the stability of the bike, so after some back and forth, pictures and mails Tacx were so nice to send me Tacx Neo 2T Image Now it takes my S-WORKS Venge original through axle and the bike is way better settled on the trainer.
Happy user since then.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

S-Works Venge 2019 Battleship
Previous bikes:
Canyon Aeroad CF SLX Disc 2019
Canyon Ultimate CF SL Disc
Canyon Endurace AL
Cube Agree C:62
Cube Peloton

IceLed

by IceLed

calv1n wrote:
Cool thanks.
Any recommendations for decent regular lights that would attach below this mount?
I am using Garmin Varia, both at the back (best purchase ever) and in the front. Attached below my head unit, fits very nicely. I can control it either automatically or manually via the head unit. Image

S-Works Venge 2019 Battleship
Previous bikes:
Canyon Aeroad CF SLX Disc 2019
Canyon Ultimate CF SL Disc
Canyon Endurace AL
Cube Agree C:62
Cube Peloton

calv1n

by calv1n

IceLed wrote:
calv1n wrote:
Cool thanks.
I am using Garmin Varia, both at the back (best purchase ever) and in the front. Attached below my head unit, fits very nicely. I can control it either automatically or manually via the head unit. Image

Awesome, thanks. I have a Wahoo so would lose some compatibility but might look into it.

pmprego

by pmprego

IceLed wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:39 pm
scapewalker wrote:
faustin07 wrote:

Zero issues for the last 4 months... But in all honesty, initially I had Tacx Neo 2, which was using some sketchy proprietary skewer instead of the original through axle of the Venge...
I didn't like the stability of the bike, so after some back and forth, pictures and mails Tacx were so nice to send me Tacx Neo 2T Image Now it takes my S-WORKS Venge original through axle and the bike is way better settled on the trainer.
Happy user since then.

Consider yourself very lucky for them exchanging it.

faustin07

by faustin07

IceLed wrote:
scapewalker wrote:
faustin07 wrote:

Happy user since then.

Well, I’ve already rode a bit and I’m using the tacx axle, and feel fine. Maybe my personal feeling comes from the fact that for the last 2 years I used the cannondale (Aluminium) which was less flexible. Don’t really know ..
I will send a video to tacx too anyway :)
Thanks

Campervan

by Campervan

and Ackermann wins on a Venge
BMC Granfondo 02 105
Scott Scale 940
Boardman CXR 9.4 cxr CX/gravel mongrel
Btwin 540
Specialized Venge Pro Disc

pmprego

by pmprego

Campervan wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:36 pm
Don't go with that. In the end, it's about legs and tactics and luck. But not saying anything new to no one. For us (me), mere mortal, I just want to ride what makes me happy. And, even though I don't have a venge (and will not have one in the near future), a venge would make me very happy. I still wonder if I would be confortably in it but I still find it one of the best looking bikes out there. Even after these 2 years since release.

Campervan

by Campervan

pmprego wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:02 pm
Campervan wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:36 pm
Don't go with that. In the end, it's about legs and tactics and luck. But not saying anything new to no one. For us (me), mere mortal, I just want to ride what makes me happy. And, even though I don't have a venge (and will not have one in the near future), a venge would make me very happy. I still wonder if I would be confortably in it but I still find it one of the best looking bikes out there. Even after these 2 years since release.
I too am just a mere mortal, I did however sell property and had enough to buy a stupidly coloured purple venge pro which is a dream bike. I just ejoy riding and just love just riding it at my own pace. I do agree, it is the nicest looking bike out there still.
The pro's don't often use the venge, however it's nice to see one of them use it and win.
BMC Granfondo 02 105
Scott Scale 940
Boardman CXR 9.4 cxr CX/gravel mongrel
Btwin 540
Specialized Venge Pro Disc

Darceking

by Darceking

Anyone know the spare part # for the Top cap of the Venge Stem ? I lost mine :(

AnkitS

by AnkitS

‘Venge stem top cap’ into any search engine.
S182500011

Heb

by Heb

Hello everyone,

I am a happy owner of a 2019 venge pro purple and a total newbee home mechanic. What tools would I need to remove the cranks, pedalboard and bottom bracket if I want to clean the bearings ? The bike is stock so far, so ultegra DI2 transmission and a BB30 I guess (not sure about it, is there a difference between BB30 and OSBB ?)
After removing the BB and cleaning the bearing, is some grease necessary ?

Thank you !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com