Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I used soapy paper towels to check for leaks at the bead and noticed the staining too. The outer coating is certainly not just ink, it's a very thin rubbery layer with lots of imperfections. Honestly feels like it's sprayed on and maybe that creates a fine texture that rubs off easily.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jugi

by Jugi

I mounted a pair of Vittoria Corsa Control G2.0 TL 25's and didn't notice anything mentioned above about the sidewalls. The tire casing does feel nice and supple compared to Schwalbe Pro Ones, for example.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Jugi wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:09 pm
I mounted a pair of Vittoria Corsa Control G2.0 TL 25's and didn't notice anything mentioned above about the sidewalls. The tire casing does feel nice and supple compared to Schwalbe Pro Ones, for example.

Did you wet the sidewalls/bead?

Jugi

by Jugi

Not really, but I had Orange Seal in there while inflating. I'm pretty sure that helped the process, as the tires weren't particularly straight forward to seat. I like the brute force, no hassle -method: valves off and pressure blasts with a compressor until they gain some air tightness and beads lift into place.

Mounted them on a pair of LB RRU65C02s and I got the impression that the Corsas very a little loose fitting. Almost as easy as a standard clincher to get over rim's sidewalls, and needed some massaging (+ sealant sloshing around) to get the beads to seat. The beads needed about 100psi to completely seat (one tire exactly 100psi, I didn't make a note of the other but pressure was high) but I'm assuming that's a feature of these rims, not of the tire's.

jlok

by jlok

Update to Corsa TLR 25c and Rubino Pro TLR 28c on Racing Zero Carbon db after just 670km.

Got a big puncture by a screw so I needed to remove it. The Rubino Pro TLR is extremely tight to remove. Spent half an hour to push the beads but to no avail. Hair dryer trick got one bead loose finally but didn't work on the other bead. Finally cut the bead carefully to let loose...... I don't think I'd use Rubino Pro TLR on my rims again.

The Corsa TLR eats sealant for bf. Used ard 30mL oragne seal at the beginning but the sidewall started to leak after 650km. It's easier to remove tho. I think I will try Pro One addix next time.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I have ~2100mi on my 30mm Corsa Control G2.0 TLRs and the rear center ribbing only just disappeared. Should still have decent life left in the tread. Very impressed with the endurance of the rubber compound. My gen 1 Corsas lost the center ribbing at around the 1300mi mark.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:54 am
I have ~2100mi on my 30mm Corsa Control G2.0 TLRs and the rear center ribbing only just disappeared. Should still have decent life left in the tread. Very impressed with the endurance of the rubber compound. My gen 1 Corsas lost the center ribbing at around the 1300mi mark.

~3300mi now. These tires won't die.

carbonazza

by carbonazza

I had one with the rolling rubber that delaminated, after 600km or so. And got a warranty replacement.
2CB89149-58D0-44CC-9C5C-59357C39E333.jpeg
And I'm not as sure about them having a better grip than the GP5000 I had just before.
On a couple of occasions I felt the rear sliding when cornering hard on the dry, while I never had that with the conti.

I use the 28mm on LB AR56 rims, which makes a fat 30mm tire at 5bar.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Huge Vittoria fan here. Been using them since 2012 ish.

For those who are having diffculty mounting

https://www.crankbrothers.com/products/speedier-lever

This paired with a normal lever will get the job done. Used it to mount a trainer tire.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I got one of those Crank Brothers levers as a gift for a fondo ride back in 2014... best tire lever I've ever had.

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:23 pm
I got one of those Crank Brothers levers as a gift for a fondo ride back in 2014... best tire lever I've ever had.
I second this! best tire lever ever.
Ride fast Take chances

Alumen

by Alumen

So I did the first 1.200km's on Rubino Pro's G2 28mm tyres that came with my bike.

I have done rides in all kinds of condition, on good and bad tarmac. The Rubino Pro's are not the most fast tyres and 28mm in general feels kind of spongy. Especially if you realize that I had 23mm FP5000's on my previous bike LOL

For spring and autumn conditions I already used the Rubino Pro's G+ in 25mm, so I was already familiar with this tyre.

So..., how do I compare them ? I just can't judge the G+ variant compared with the G2. I don't even dare to compare both tyres with the GP5000, at least in terms of speed and grip.

But... I have to say, the G2's don't show ANY cuts or whatsoever on the surface of the tyres. I will keep them on for the winter and see how they will perform.

Once they wear out, I probably move to the Corsa's G2's, just to compare them with the GP5000's. It will be the Corsa in 28mm's so I will see if I can make them an all year round tyre. If I compare the the Corsa with the Corsa Control on BRR, there is just 0.1mm difference measured in terms of thickness and next to that, the Control has a different thread. But the puncture resistance is the same, while the standard Corsa's rolls better. So that means, if the G2 does its job better, then the standard Corsa (compared with the Control's) could "easily" manage all weather conditions. I have read many reviews about the Corsa. And some are very contrary. Some riders only experienced one puncture on 5.000km's and some riders experienced 7 in 500km's. I need to experience it myself, especially with the G2 option now.
CAAD 13 Disc
CAAD 10 2015 R.I.P.
Kona Kahuna

28, the real 25

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Late to the Vittoria party, but I put a set of 700x25c's on my wife's Domane recently. She runs a set of Bontrager Paradigm Elite wheels (19.5mm internal). Mounting the tires was difficult, as the bead was very tight. She recently had a valve core that went bad, so I had to remove the tire to replace the tube, and it was not a problem, at all. The bead has stretched, over the 3 mos. she's had the tires, and are relatively easy to mount now. So far, so good!

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:13 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:54 am

~3300mi now. These tires won't die.

Finally started to see the casing through a couple of "specks" where the now paper thin tread got ripped off. 4100mi/6600km final tally, putting on a fresh one tomorrow. I did end up buying 30mm Pro One TLEs, but I see no reason to switch to them atm.

e: Took the tire off and it had basically turned into a tubeless tubular. There was a thick sealant membrane connecting the tire beads along the entire circumference. There was barely any liquid sealant left. These tires "soak up" more sealant than most vulcanized tubeless tires, it seems.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oskeres

by oskeres

Just wondering if anyone has been riding the Tubular verisons of the 2.0 tire? I've been looking at getting them for my 404 Firecrests that I will be racing on crits and road races. Thoughts from anyone?