2020 on the road today.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

nestornnk
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:44 pm
Contact:

by nestornnk

Back on a C59 after almost 7 years.
Forgot how good it was...
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie


Geoff
Posts: 5282
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:25 am
Location: Canada

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. Good crank choice!

User avatar
tnkn
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:21 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

by tnkn

Blustery day on the south coast!

ImageImage


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Konsi
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:34 pm
Contact:

by Konsi

A few from a 85km ride today, I got lucky to ride with another photographer, so there is some photos of me too (white jersey). Normally, there should be snow everywhere in all these photos, but winter is not really happening in the western alps this year :? :cry:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

And another "selfie" from a Zwift event during the week at a local bike store. I had a remote for the camera in one hand.

Image

kingtom
Posts: 711
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:23 am
Location: switzerland
Contact:

by kingtom

Short spin be4 workImage

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk


cchesebro
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:27 pm

by cchesebro

Really nice shots Konstantin

User avatar
wheelbuilder
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:10 am

by wheelbuilder

Image
Never cheer before you know who is winning

User avatar
Roel W
Posts: 799
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:39 am
Location: Belgium

by Roel W

Image

Image
CANYON Ultimate AL 2010
CANYON Ultimate CF SL 2014
CANYON Ultimate CF SL disc 2018
Instagram @roeleur

icantaffordcycling
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:03 am

by icantaffordcycling

wheelbuilder wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:27 pm
I see Pen Velo jerseys and what I think is Canada Rd so I have to ask, what ride is this?

User avatar
Konsi
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:34 pm
Contact:

by Konsi

Image

Another 75km in the mountains before the storm yesterday, with the 40 this morning to the market in France I have done more than 1000km training on the bike in 2020 :D

User avatar
wheelbuilder
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:10 am

by wheelbuilder

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:16 pm
wheelbuilder wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:27 pm
I see Pen Velo jerseys and what I think is Canada Rd so I have to ask, what ride is this?

Pen Velo Sat/Sun rides. Our very own Tobin Hates You participates frequently, and I haven't missed a Saturday in probably a couple of years. Saturday is 8:15 am at the intersection of Canada and 92. Sunday is 8:15, same location. The basic loop is 34 miles, about 1700 feet of elevation. All rollers, no real sustained climbs. Avg speed is usually 20-21mph so it is pretty fast. All experienced bike handlers. Sunday has historically been a touch faster, but not sure if that is still the case. Come out and join! It is no wait.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

User avatar
Stendhal
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:43 am
Location: Silicon Valley

by Stendhal

wheelbuilder wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:15 am
icantaffordcycling wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:16 pm
wheelbuilder wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:27 pm
I see Pen Velo jerseys and what I think is Canada Rd so I have to ask, what ride is this?

Pen Velo Sat/Sun rides. Our very own Tobin Hates You participates frequently, and I haven't missed a Saturday in probably a couple of years. Saturday is 8:15 am at the intersection of Canada and 92. Sunday is 8:15, same location. The basic loop is 34 miles, about 1700 feet of elevation. All rollers, no real sustained climbs. Avg speed is usually 20-21mph so it is pretty fast. All experienced bike handlers. Sunday has historically been a touch faster, but not sure if that is still the case. Come out and join! It is no wait.
I was a member for a short while two-three years ago....rides are very fast!
Question: how do you like your Orbea (assuming you ride one per your sign-on)? I am strongly considering the new Orca OMX.
Cervelo Aspero (7.75); Orbea Orca OMX (7.30)
Retired: S-Works Tarmac SL6, LOW// mki, Pinarello Dogma F10\F8, Lapierre Pulsium, TIME Fluidity, Wilier Cento1 SR, Ridley Noah, Cyfac Cadence, Cervelo S2\R3\R5, Felt Z25, Klein Quantum, Cannondale 2.0

User avatar
wheelbuilder
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:10 am

by wheelbuilder

Stendhal wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:25 am
wheelbuilder wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:15 am
icantaffordcycling wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:16 pm
wheelbuilder wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:27 pm
I see Pen Velo jerseys and what I think is Canada Rd so I have to ask, what ride is this?

Pen Velo Sat/Sun rides. Our very own Tobin Hates You participates frequently, and I haven't missed a Saturday in probably a couple of years. Saturday is 8:15 am at the intersection of Canada and 92. Sunday is 8:15, same location. The basic loop is 34 miles, about 1700 feet of elevation. All rollers, no real sustained climbs. Avg speed is usually 20-21mph so it is pretty fast. All experienced bike handlers. Sunday has historically been a touch faster, but not sure if that is still the case. Come out and join! It is no wait.
I was a member for a short while two-three years ago....rides are very fast!
Question: how do you like your Orbea (assuming you ride one per your sign-on)? I am strongly considering the new Orca OMX.

I like Orbea a lot and have had them since 2011. They have a long, strong cycling heritage, have always done pretty unique frame shaping and carbon work, and their paint shop is really, really, good. They are also a co-op and don't have that shitty corporate vibe that some of the bigger companies have. This is a pretty old I guess 2016 Orca OMR. It was one of the first 20 "MY O" custom painted bikes. I like traditional road frames so it is not Aero at all. I think you will be pleased with the OMX. Absolutely utilize the custom paint program. It is worth the long wait.

Image
Never cheer before you know who is winning

RyanH
Moderator
Posts: 2723
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

by RyanH

February is rough this time of year:

Image
Strava
Not for the sensitive types. My Instagram reviews
The Ex's: I've lost track...

User avatar
Noctiluxx
Posts: 1066
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:17 pm
Location: Southern California

by Noctiluxx

RyanH wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:54 pm
February is rough this time of year:

Image
Yeah it looks miserable :P
2018 Bianchi Oltre XR4, (Celeste Matt)
2018 De Rosa SK Pininfarina (Blu)
2019 Trek Madone SLR (Rage Red)
2019 Giant TCR Advanced SL (Chameleon Blue)
2019 Cervelo R5 Disk (Team Sunweb)
2019 Giant Revolt Advanced 0

by Weenie


Post Reply