Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AED

by AED

Johnny Rad wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:34 am
Looking forward to reading forthcoming ride reports! Wondering if a late-model (less expensive) FOIL or new (more expensive) Addict is the right move?!
Just moved from Foil Team Issue 2017 to Addict RC Premium 2020 (already 2000km on Addict). I'd say it is two quite different bikes which should not be compared. For me Foil is ideal racing machine for flat courses and is not comfortable for day-to-day training, while Addict is not so sharp, but is way more versatile suitable for both mountains and flat racing.

ichobi

by ichobi

Not sure where you get that from. Cube, Canyon and Focus have always known their shit. They all make great bike, just not as good marketing as the American brands. Well to be frank their color scheme has nothing on Specialized and Trek Project One. If the performance are all equal, I will pick a better looking bike anyday.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

They standardise bar and saddle height to have the mannequin at the same position.
The Scott has visibly and integrated aero bar that the Specialized lacks (the Rose also has aero bar). Using specialized aero bar that would lower the drag by some 5-6W.

Regarding the weights, can’t discard a typo, but looking for fork-frame-bearings
- rose 1384
- Scott 1408
- Supersix evo3 1427
- Tarmac 1439
- canyon aeroad 1611

The Scott has a cleaner look thanks to integrated parts but was expecting it to be at least aligned with older frames on the stiffness front.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

dannywin42

by dannywin42

What are the stiffness numbers? The picture is low res and i font speak german

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

pmprego

by pmprego

C36 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:01 pm
They standardise bar and saddle height to have the mannequin at the same position.
The Scott has visibly and integrated aero bar that the Specialized lacks (the Rose also has aero bar). Using specialized aero bar that would lower the drag by some 5-6W.

Regarding the weights, can’t discard a typo, but looking for fork-frame-bearings
- rose 1384
- Scott 1408
- Supersix evo3 1427
- Tarmac 1439
- canyon aeroad 1611

The Scott has a cleaner look thanks to integrated parts but was expecting it to be at least aligned with older frames on the stiffness front.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
The way rose gets its lower weight is with a very very light paint job. So light that was already criticized in some reviews where the reviewer said that with a slight knocking of the frame a dent was immediately visible on it. The review went further by saying that he would not bother 100gr more if it meant a better and more protective paint job.

This is to say that people can always remove the paint from the Scott or any other bike by that standard.

As for stiffness, it will always come with some tradeoffs specifically in terms of confort. In my case I'm a lighter guy so stiffness will not be a problem for sure.

Marvinman

by Marvinman

Hi I'm hoping someone can help me get some info on the bar/stem combo. I'm looking to buy a Addict ultimate SL but can't seem to find the reach details/measurement on the bar/stem for a 110mm. Ideally I'm looking at a 38cm width.

Don't suppose anyone knows the reach details on either a 100mm or 110mm stem length so I can try to work it out?

Thx

pmprego

by pmprego

Marvinman wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:26 am
Hi I'm hoping someone can help me get some info on the bar/stem combo. I'm looking to buy a Addict ultimate SL but can't seem to find the reach details/measurement on the bar/stem for a 110mm. Ideally I'm looking at a 38cm width.

Don't suppose anyone knows the reach details on either a 100mm or 110mm stem length so I can try to work it out?

Thx
Reach of the IC sl cockpit is 75mm.

Marvinman

by Marvinman

Great thx - I've trawled the web but just couldn't see it 👍🏻

Alex222

by Alex222

I have the same Rose frame for just over a year (well the rim version), and my experience does not reflect that of the review criticising the paint work or stating you could see dents. The bike has been perfectly robust for me.

dannywin42

by dannywin42

Will get some better photos in the sun once I've managed to degrease and polish the frame properly, but really loving the look of this thing.

54 with reynolds aero 46 ImageImage

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

dannywin42 wrote:Will get some better photos in the sun once I've managed to degrease and polish the frame properly, but really loving the look of this thing.

Nice!

What is Saddle to BB Centre height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannywin42

by dannywin42

cunn1n9 wrote:
dannywin42 wrote:Will get some better photos in the sun once I've managed to degrease and polish the frame properly, but really loving the look of this thing.

Nice!

It's a little under 73cm (top of saddle to centre of pedal spindle is 90)

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Just reiterating what a great looking bike the Addict RC is.

FTPWhor

by FTPWhor

I get jealous every time I see one of these! Geometry is too aggressive for me :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

dannywin42 wrote:
cunn1n9 wrote:

Nice!

It's a little under 73cm (top of saddle to centre of pedal spindle is 90)

Many thanks. I’m 73cm so quite a lot of seatpost. Looks like a pretty aggressive position.

How does it ride? How much compliance does frame have and how does it handle - quick or stable?

Thanks for any words of wisdom.