New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

last question

does the stock seatpost come ready for carbon rails? mine came with a tirox dimension, but i sold it on and want to use something else,

so carbon ready? thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

danridesbikes wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:07 pm
last question

does the stock seatpost come ready for carbon rails? mine came with a tirox dimension, but i sold it on and want to use something else,

so carbon ready? thanks
Yes, it's fine for any rail material and rail shape.

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

bilwit wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:21 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:10 am
morganb wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:14 pm
The power meter thing is one of the worst imaginable marketing decisions and also and the most Cannondale thing that I have heard. How long until someone finds a work around?
Also *someone* is paying for the hardware to sit dormant on your bike. If it’s already been baked into the sale price, the consumer pays on top of the unlock fee. I doubt Cannondale is paying much of the subsidy for these units since they don’t get money from the unlock. If P2M has mispredicted the unlock rate, it will affect their margins.

What’s next? Selling bikes with 12 speed electronic drivetrains with only 11 speed shifting enabled? Maybe shifting times artificially inflated until you get the pro-level subscription?
I'm sure Cannondale worked a percentage into the sales price in some way while getting some sort of rebate/margin from P2M the same as an authorized P2M LBS dealer would by selling a P2M individually. P2M are basically selling the units twice (once to Cannondale on some sort of distribution deal and then again directly to consumer). It's almost like buying a PC that comes with an integrated GPU and an graphics card (or any other OEM part) and then having to pay to unlock it :lol:

Microtransactions on bikes, who knew :lol:
I know I'm a little late to this conversation, but I just saw this. So Cannondale has an $11k+ bike with a non-functional power meter on it, and you have to pay more money to "unlock" it? Seriously? This is almost too ridiculous to be true.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

brearley

by brearley

So finally got some scales for Christmas and as I never got a reply when asking about frameset weight I weighed everything for my new build out yesterday

54cm Frame including both mech hangers and di2 junction a - 1140g so 1100 bare

Seat post - 244g

Fork 450g uncut

Seat post clamp 29g

The clamp system for the seat post weighs 84g this can be halved using a different top clamp

Stock axles weigh 56 and 62g respectively, RAP axles come in at 26g and 36g

rainerhq

by rainerhq

My LBS has EF trainingbikes for sell. How can I tell, are these Hi-Mod or not?
Only Phinneys SuperSix is in this years colors (purple etc), all others, like this on the pictures.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

rainerhq wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:32 pm
Only Phinneys SuperSix is in this years colors (purple etc), all others, like this on the pictures.
As far as I know, the team only have/had SystemSix in Hi-Mod. But the green-pink-black ones like on your pictures would have the Hi-Mod icons near the front and rear dropout... On the 2019 purple ones, the Hi-Mod icon is normally inside the fork leg, near the crown, and one on the front of the seat tube near the BB.

The Hi-Mod icon looks like this:

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Thank you. This frame has it on the chainstay and on the fork leg.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

brearley

by brearley

Can anybody confirm to me whether the frameset only should come with the di2 battery seat post holder?
Mine didn't come with it and it seems strange given the frame comes with all fitments for mechanical, di2 and sram etap for the downtube
Otherwise it's £30 extra on a frameset that already retails at £3000?

Wildstyle5000

by Wildstyle5000

rainerhq wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:32 pm
Where is he shop selling the EF frames/bikes. Is it possible to send a link to their web page? Would be highly appreciated!

siim

by siim

It's in Estonia - shop owned by the Estonian guy racing for EF (Tanel Kangert). But I don't think they sell online. It's just for local customers.

cyclotripper

by cyclotripper

Hi All,

I want to put some gp5000 tubeless on the Knot 64 rims, what is better23 or 25mm? My priority is aerodynamics.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

cyclotripper wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:38 am
Hi All,

I want to put some gp5000 tubeless on the Knot 64 rims, what is better23 or 25mm? My priority is aerodynamics.
I think I recall the conclusion that came out from Cannondale's testing as they developped the bike and wheels is that 23's were more aero, hence why they spec 23's on them. They do end up wider than 23 but a 23 casing stretched by the wide rim is what they found was most aero. I'm not 100% sure how close in casing sizes are the GP5000TL vs the Vittorias that come with the bikes but I think they're similar.

TLN

by TLN

I'm not sure about 23 actually. Specialized provides Turbo 24 for CLX64 rims (Allez sprint/Shiv TT), and Rovals are 29mm wide. Knot 64 is wider and I'd go with 25c (at least).
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

TLN wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:14 am
I'm not sure about 23 actually. Specialized provides Turbo 24 for CLX64 rims (Allez sprint/Shiv TT), and Rovals are 29mm wide. Knot 64 is wider and I'd go with 25c (at least).
I would too.. but this is not how Cdale spec'd them.. DG is correct.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package