3T Discus C35 LTD Stealth Carbon Clincher Disc Road Wheelset

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
GlasNago

by GlasNago

hello peps
anyone been riding 3T Discus C35 LTD Stealth Carbon Clincher Disc Road Wheelset and can give the skinny on them or indeed any newish 3t wheels?
can be got vastly reduced.
claimed mass of 1350g for pair, not too shabby for disc clinchers.

crlincoln

by crlincoln

Hi,

I had a pair of wheels, but kept getting issues with spokes breaking... I changed to a more reliable wheelset... I don't think that 3T even sell them anymore so it's dealers with old stock, also they moved to an all round 45 wheel.

Happy to say more if you PM me.

BTW, I have no issue with 3T I ride a Strada Due and love it, just didn't get on with their C35 carbon wheelset.

Chris

by Weenie

GlasNago

by GlasNago

thanks Chris
poor stuff you had spoke breakages with the wheels. what did you replace them with? building a colnago and was keeping as much as possible italian (well apart from etap....) hence the interest in 3t.
yeh i checked the 3t website and concluded the wheels for sale were NOS.
thnaksagain

crlincoln

by crlincoln

I did serious upgrade to a set of Campagnolo Bora WTO 45's, massively happy with them, with no issues at all.....

TLN

by TLN

crlincoln wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:22 pm
I had a pair of wheels, but kept getting issues with spokes breaking... I changed to a more reliable wheelset... I don't think that 3T even sell them anymore so it's dealers with old stock, also they moved to an all round 45 wheel.
Have you tried that Discus C45 wheel though? I picked it up ealier last year, but haven't even started my build yet.
His: Specialiez S-Works Tarmac SL5 Disc.
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

crlincoln

by crlincoln

TLN wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:36 am
crlincoln wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:22 pm
Have you tried that Discus C45 wheel though? I picked it up ealier last year, but haven't even started my build yet.
No I have tried them, btw, I loved the look of the Bora wheels, I have a set of the aluminim 3T wheels on my Gravel bike and they seem fine so far....

alex1098

by alex1098

GlasNago wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:40 pm
hello peps
anyone been riding 3T Discus C35 LTD Stealth Carbon Clincher Disc Road Wheelset and can give the skinny on them or indeed any newish 3t wheels?
can be got vastly reduced.
claimed mass of 1350g for pair, not too shabby for disc clinchers.
i have them and they are fast and light weight 1404gr
ceramic speed works great.

by Weenie

GlasNago

by GlasNago

thanks alex
yeah i've been riding them for a few months now with no issues which chris (crlincoln) had the misfortune of experiencing.
for info i whupped the relatively heavy rim tape off and wrapped "High Temperature Film Heat Resistant Polyimide Kapton Tape Gold Resisting Sticky" after reading a a thread on here, ww. reducing the mass of the wheels pretty much to the manufacturer claimed mass of 1350g. then installed tubulito inners and pirelli tt clinchers and the wheels were very light for db's and so much lighter than any tubeless set up that i could find.
increase the peace