internal di2 routing on di2 specific 2013 supersix evo himod

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
theStig

by theStig

I recently picked up this frame, and I'm trying to build it up with DA9070.

What'st he best way to secure the wiring inside the BB so the spinning crank spindle doesn't chew up/wear down the wires? Tape? is there a sleeve of some kind?

Where's the best place to put the internal di2 junction?

Right now I'm thinking of using a dab of crazy glue to secure the internal junction to the top of the inner downtube wall just before it reaches the BB, then run one wire to the chainstay and one up the seat tube, taping/gluing them around the top/bottom areas of the BB in an effort to keep it all away from the crank spindle.

I also don't have a long enough cable, so I'll try and wedge the battery in the seat tube rather than the seatpost.

thanks in advance for any insight!

bet1216

by bet1216

If you haven't bought the BB yet there are multiple choices that have protective/connected sleeve with them that prevent spindle contact with wires.

by Weenie

theStig

by theStig

bet1216 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:47 pm
If you haven't bought the BB yet there are multiple choices that have protective/connected sleeve with them that prevent spindle contact with wires.
Thanks for the info. i ended up routing everything yesterday and there was enough tension that nothing was remotely close to the spindle. first time with internal wiring. I know I'm still half a decade behind!