Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pmprego

by pmprego

NickJHP wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:59 am
Nautiboy wrote:Need some help here....

Anyone know whether the Hope RX4 Flatmount calipers (which can be fitted to AXS) can be mounted on the new Addict front fork??
Should be ok, as I have RX4 calipers on my Open UPPER fork, which uses the same method of bolting through the fork leg directly into the caliper.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
But then will a 160mm work? Aren't you going to need a 180mm?

NickJHP

by NickJHP

pmprego wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:29 am
NickJHP wrote:

Anyone know whether the Hope RX4 Flatmount calipers (which can be fitted to AXS) can be mounted on the new Addict front fork??
Should be ok, as I have RX4 calipers on my Open UPPER fork, which uses the same method of bolting through the fork leg directly into the caliper.
Yes, a 160 should be fine - I'm assuming that Scott have positioned the mounting holes for that size disc. As already mentioned previously in the thread, if you want to use an RX4 caliper with this method of mounting, you need an RX4 rear caliper, because unlike most flat mount calipers, where the front and rear calipers are identical and the front caliper fits to an adapter plate that bolts to the fork, the RX4 front caliper is designed to bolt directly to the standard fork flat mount without using the adapter plate.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pmprego

by pmprego

NickJHP wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:02 am
pmprego wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:29 am
NickJHP wrote:

Yes, a 160 should be fine - I'm assuming that Scott have positioned the mounting holes for that size disc. As already mentioned previously in the thread, if you want to use an RX4 caliper with this method of mounting, you need an RX4 rear caliper, because unlike most flat mount calipers, where the front and rear calipers are identical and the front caliper fits to an adapter plate that bolts to the fork, the RX4 front caliper is designed to bolt directly to the standard fork flat mount without using the adapter plate.
This part is confusing for me. I guess to my lack of knowledge and experience on the subject. But on the topic of disc calippers, I have a postmount caliper from SRAM which ideally I'd use in the rear of my addict. My goal was also to use 140mm rotors. Can this be achieved with some type of postmount to flatmount adapter?

I know shimano sells some adaptors but I really don't know if it will fit the frame (the rear triangle). Does anyone know?
Annotation.png

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

pmprego wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:26 am

This part is confusing for me.

It's confusing me too. The Addict fork utilizes normal flat-mount calipers in a 140mm rear configuration (without adapter plate) except the bolt bores are lined up to accept 160mm rotors. The rear RX4 has the adapter plate's dimensions built-in. It wouldn't work.

This is a different scenario than the Campy H11 situation where the front caliper is 160mm only with no provisions for the bolt-through method so you have to use the rear 140mm caliper.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

tinfoil hat.....there's a conspiracy to force 160 front rotors on World Tour bikes to force commonality. therefore alot of brands eschew the shimano-engineered flexibility of the reversible bracket in favor of a fixed 160mm front rotor.

IOW they're trying to force consensus that 160 front is the ONLY way to go. if you don't need the heat capacity, i.e. don't do sustained descending, 160s are way overkill.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Anyone have any thoughts on an alternative integrated bar? I am assuming not but worth a ask...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Beancouter wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:59 pm
Anyone have any thoughts on an alternative integrated bar? I am assuming not but worth a ask...

i hate where they put the stupid report button on this forum....

it's a 1.25 steerer so options are limited. maybe canyon? maybe giant? deda has a two piece setup.

smz5969

by smz5969

Anyone has an image of how the L size will look like on the Ultimate or Pro? I am pretty skeptical about it being too big on the front end considering the integrated handlebar looks hideous.
Canyon Roadlite AL 2012
Scott Addict RC Pro 2020

pmprego

by pmprego

smz5969 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:59 am
Anyone has an image of how the L size will look like on the Ultimate or Pro? I am pretty skeptical about it being too big on the front end considering the integrated handlebar looks hideous.
I do like the integrated handlebar. But I ordered one so i'm probably not the best person to evaluate. As for the size, I guess it will be proportional to the rider. You don't put Yates on an L or Froome on a XS.

C36

by C36

Beancouter wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on an alternative integrated bar? I am assuming not but worth a ask...

Farsports f1 is an option. They are making custom spacers. Not sure if the Scott is yet ready.
Discussed here
viewtopic.php?t=159692

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

smz5969

by smz5969

Thanks for the tip!
pmprego wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:48 am
smz5969 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:59 am
I do like the integrated handlebar. But I ordered one so i'm probably not the best person to evaluate. As for the size, I guess it will be proportional to the rider. You don't put Yates on an L or Froome on a XS.
Canyon Roadlite AL 2012
Scott Addict RC Pro 2020

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I contacted far sports a few days ago about the F1 handlebar and they confirmed that the custom parts for the 2020 addict were in their plans for next year - no indication of when though.

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

It is a fantastic paint job:

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

that's some really nice Vaporware! :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Have set up a separate thread for my strip and rebuild but weights for frame and fork below (excl bearings, clamp; inch hangers and cage bolts).

Didn’t think was to bad against claimed weights (unspecified size and model);