KASK Utopia, HJC Furion... Aero Helmet considerations

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BikeEatSleepRepeat

by BikeEatSleepRepeat

Considering either the KASK Utopia, or HJC Furion to replace a KASK Protone that's served me well for a couple years.

I'd like a bit more aero advantage, thus looking closely at the Utopia as KASK helmets generally fit my head shape well.

However, the Furion has also caught my attention as a super light WW option that would appear to be close if not better as far as aero.

They have a new 2.0 Furion coming with a couple improvements (according to them) re ventilation and fitting system.

I'm right on the line between small and medium sizing with the Protone as a reference.

Any advice/feedback on either/both appreciated.

Stueys

by Stueys

I love Kask but personally went Evade mips when I replaced my Protone. The results on MIPS type systems is too compelling not to get some rotational protection. Liking the evade so far

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AnkitS

by AnkitS

I'm guessing you are not in the US if you are considering the HJC. I would suggest trying on the Utopia. The protone works for me but the Utopia doesn't. I also ended up on an evade.

BikeEatSleepRepeat

by BikeEatSleepRepeat

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:37 pm
I'm guessing you are not in the US if you are considering the HJC. I would suggest trying on the Utopia. The protone works for me but the Utopia doesn't. I also ended up on an evade.
I'm in the US but have a way to get the HJC through an overseas contact.

What did you not like about the Utopia fit? I've read that it's different than the Protone as far as pad placement, but is generally well suited to more oval heads same as the Protone.

I had not considered the Evade previously. What is the weight of yours and does it rank better than the Protone in your estimation as far as aero and noise?