ProBikeKit delivery delay, what are my options?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

damond

by damond

schlafen wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:01 am

As mentioned above, people who think there is 24/48 hrs international shipping are delirious. There's no such thing, 3 days worldwide is the fastest available through DHL. Again actual delivey times, not advertised delivery time.
Which is pretty good by any standard.
But it's not cheap.
Just for the record, that's not true!

I once had a friend who had his rear derailleur dropout broken while on Hawaii for the TT worlds. Very specific frame so nothing available closeby. I sent him a replacement dropout from Portugal to Hawaii which is literally the other side of the world and it arrived there in less than 24h! I payed almost 400€ for the shipping though (for a 15€ dropout :lol: ).....

This is my personal experience, not something i heard from someone....

Regarding online purchases, it is common to get stuff in less than 24h delivered from R2-bike to my door but we are talking about a "small" distance - Germany to Portugal.

mattr

by mattr

That sounds a lot more like a courier service than international shipping......

And yes, I get stuff within Europe within 24 hours, but it's very variable and depends on a few things falling into place on the delivery route!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

blutto

by blutto

We routinely get packages from Canada to Hong Kong in 48 hrs....and Europe in the same timeframe. Definitely not a cost cutting measure but when you absolutely, positively have to get it there on time it just becomes the cost of doing business. In more related news a friend gets cycling clothing from European manufactuters in 2/3 days.

And btw large operations who depend on shipping can and do get substantial shipping discounts which makes rapid shipping more financially attractive/available ( and another way the smaller operator gets squeezed out over time ).

However, most times with cycling thingees, I admit to taking the cheap and slow option cause I'm not responding to an immediate need but just stocking up for the future.

blutto

by blutto

One more thing to add....thru it all the communications with Probikekit were always cordial , polite, and professional. Approprite apologies were made, no refund issues...

nismosr

by nismosr

I never had a problem with Probike for more than 10+ years ordering from them shipping to NJ, also my go to UK online retailer was Ribble but not anymore since they stop carrying a bunch of stuff. but just this year I kind a stop buying from them when they start adding sales tax on every purchase, not sure what happen there, unless I really need it and they are consistent at 1 week or half at my door step. like everyone Merlin now is my go to UK online store!
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

skyliner1004

by skyliner1004

Merlin for my last 2 orders (Both under $150 dollars) one was 7 days, the other 8 days to arrive at my door. Good tracking details throughout the process.
2018 Supersix Evo Hi-Mod Disc Dura-Ace
Conti SS + Gp5000
3t Ernova Team
Garmin 520 Plus
Look Keo Blade 2 Carbon Ti
15lb 15oz

audioblazer

by audioblazer

Never have issue with PBK until recently. Purchased jersey & bibs with free items - T shirt & mug . None delivery for a few months & subsequently arbitrarily canceled . When I complained , a credit was offered to me . A bit wary of PBK now . Well many more online stores to buy from , Evan cycles , Merlin , Sigmasport

AJS914

by AJS914

I've ordered from PBK many times but their selection of Campagnolo has been slim lately. For example, the have zero Chorus 12 speed in stock and their prices on Record 12 speed are high. Lately I've found these guys rock solid reliable with good prices and fast shipping to the US:

https://www.bike-discount.de/

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

pbk ship to a shipping service in NJ, however there is no tracking information, they recently lost my package, should have arrived by 9/12

CrankyCarbon

by CrankyCarbon

I've only ordered from PBK and CRC. I've really had no problems with each, although I've tried to keep my purchases under $800. And will make 2 purchases instead of one to keep the amount under $800. I think the $800 brings it under potential Customs review.

So all of my orders have been "fast" and tracked well except for my past summer purchase of some wheels, which were about $960 from PBK.

I ordered on Aug8, and the wheels actually were originally shipped from Netherlands not Great Britain.
It took 7 days to get through the "AMSTERDAM INTERNATIONAL MAIL CENT, NETHERLANDS". Of course, during this 7 days it was Missing In Action with no updates.
Of which it was landed in London, Eng. and reshipped to US
Then it took 5 more days to show up in Chicago, Illinois USA and went through Customs on Aug 20.
Then it took 3 more days to get to me.

So The Netherlands to England (Customs ?) held up the wheels and went MIA on tracking coming out of the Netherlands. I don't know whether that was because the wheel was not in stock at PBK and thus was "dropped shipped" from Netherlands, or what. I don't know their distribution network.

I'll be ordered another wheelset, which once again will be above $800. So with winter approaching I'm in no hurry. But with the low prices, to me, makes it worth it as long as I'm not in a hurry.

northwestern

by northwestern

I cancelled my PBK order because they failed to ship 2 weeks after I paid.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Never ordered from them before. I've had excpetional luck ordering from Merlins, Sigmasports, Chain, Bike24, and Starbike though.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello

Anyone with problems with Probikekit, lately????

Done my 1st order on monday morning - a Effecto Marisposa Tool - Tracked order (3 -5 days delivery UK-Portugal) , 24h dispatch.

Acording to 2 people i've chat (Probikekit):

1st person - will be dispatched today and by standart post up to 12days delivery - Asked to cancel as that was no the post service i've ordered, they say they coundn't. - conection failed.

2nd person - diferent version, the order would be dispatch yesterday and by tracked email... it didn't...

Already expressed to cancel the order as i'm no longer interested today again, they said today that woud check with the dispatch warehouse and have to wait 24h for an answer.

Very disapointed with the service:

- don't fullfil times.
- second they lied about the dispatch
- the service that as payed is not the correct one.

i've ordered many many times from other sites, like R2bike, Bike24, Bikeinn, Wiggle, bikediscount.de... etc... all great sites with great service, this one will be the 1st and last time, if the order is fullfiild or refunded.

Very Very Very ...disapointed!!!!!

ruklaw

by ruklaw

ProBikeKit are somewhat shady in my view. Bought a kinesis frameset from them about five years ago, if failed in warranty within a couple of years, they stiffed me with store credit.

The store credit wasn't enough to buy the equivalent kinesis frameset (in fact there wasn't any frameset it would cover) so I basically was without my bike, left with a load of store credit that it took me months to use because they had such an odd range of products (none that I particularly needed/wanted at the time).

Certainly there was no question of me giving them extra cash to buy the new frameset, didn't much fancy being left with an even bigger store credit to use with them down the line if that failed too.

I've had numerous other warranty experiences with bike shops over the years (I'm big and ride a lot so I do kill bikes) and none so bad as PBK.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

elfuinha wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:24 pm
Hello

Anyone with problems with Probikekit, lately????

Done my 1st order on monday morning - a Effecto Marisposa Tool - Tracked order (3 -5 days delivery UK-Portugal) , 24h dispatch.

Acording to 2 people i've chat (Probikekit):

1st person - will be dispatched today and by standart post up to 12days delivery - Asked to cancel as that was no the post service i've ordered, they say they coundn't. - conection failed.

2nd person - diferent version, the order would be dispatch yesterday and by tracked email... it didn't...

Already expressed to cancel the order as i'm no longer interested today again, they said today that woud check with the dispatch warehouse and have to wait 24h for an answer.

Very disapointed with the service:

- don't fullfil times.
- second they lied about the dispatch
- the service that as payed is not the correct one.

i've ordered many many times from other sites, like R2bike, Bike24, Bikeinn, Wiggle, bikediscount.de... etc... all great sites with great service, this one will be the 1st and last time, if the order is fullfiild or refunded.

Very Very Very ...disapointed!!!!!
comunication is ok, but all messages are pointless, they neither ship the order nor cancel it and issue a refund.

order is in 3 days waiting dispatch in theire warehouse but no pickup.

they also send me a return mail for a pacakge that didn't leave their warehouse! Funny

very strange situation,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com