NK1K or RB1K ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ReactiveE

by ReactiveE

Which Cipollini would you choose and why?
Or has anyone ridden both?

To me I´m not sure if the RB1K is the real flagship. Both looks very good, aero, use the same monocoque technique and carbon material. Priced about the same.

What I can see:

RB1K: Lighter(claimed 80g), more aggressive rider position, BB86 bottom bracket, T1000 carbon layup
NK1K: Due to more material and larger BB diameter (386 EVO) maybe stiffer than RB1K(?), more aero(?- just my thought based purely on look), T1000 carbon layup

Maybe I am wrong, but if the carbon fiber is the same and NK1K uses more of it and has larger dia BB, should it be stiffer?
About aero, there´s no data availible, but they both look very fast.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seedster

by Seedster

I have ridden the RB1K The One and it is by far the stiffest bike I have ever ridden. The RB1K is indeed their flagship offering and requires a flexible ridder who will can put down the power to take full advantage of it. Would not be my first choice for a long day in the saddle.

New 2020 color options are much better. It's my understanding a disc version should be coming soon if that is a deciding factor.

ReactiveE

by ReactiveE

Thanks for your experiences Seedster. Is the RB1K really so low and aggressive even with taller headtube spacer?

Does it feel fast on the flats(or hills), or can you compare to something similar?

It´s a lot of money so I need to make the right decision. About colors, I really like both Cipos in Grey Nardó. I want rim brake version.

kgt

by kgt

Ask nestornk. He is a dealer and has good riding experience of both.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

There's a guy in one of the bunches I ride who rides both. He said the RB1K is crazy stiff and very very harsh. NK1K is for the longer days out basically and not as stiff. I think the Cippo website says something to this effect too - The One is for Sprinters, the NK1K is an allrounder
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

ReactiveE

by ReactiveE

Some reviews say RB1K climbs very well too due to it´s very stiff and relatively light frame.
Cipo website says that NK1K is for climbers which is hard to believe because of aero features and higher weight. From my pov they are both ssupposed to be fast on the flats.
Anyone with personal experiences?

ohm27

by ohm27

i ride it both rb1k is more aggressive more stiffness it good for flat ,nk1k is an all around bike it soft than rb1k you can ride on flat or hill ,it can do it all ,both of it use t1000 carbon but the layup inside not same and all cipollini bike has aero features

ohm27

by ohm27

i ride it both rb1k is more aggressive more stiffness it good for flat ,nk1k is an all around bike it soft than rb1k you can ride on flat or hill ,it can do it all ,both of it use t1000 carbon but the layup inside not same and all cipollini bike has aero features

Zorka

by Zorka

NK1K soft? Really? NK1K is ultra stiff!

I´d be happy too to read some serious comparision from guy who has ridden both.

Seedster

by Seedster

ReactiveE wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:14 am
Thanks for your experiences Seedster. Is the RB1K really so low and aggressive even with taller headtube spacer?

Does it feel fast on the flats(or hills), or can you compare to something similar?

It´s a lot of money so I need to make the right decision. About colors, I really like both Cipos in Grey Nardó. I want rim brake version.
Compared to my 2016 Protos, the stiffest frame I have owned to date, the Cipo was much less forgiving. It's a fun bike and brings a smile to your face when you stand up and sprint. All the people i know with RB1Ks are very flexible (one a former goalie who rode an XR4) or have shorter legs with long torso. Keep in mind, the headtube is very short even with the taller topcap. You could run spacers, but the bike looks ill conceived with too many.

ReactiveE

by ReactiveE

Thanks for review. I am flexible too and getting low to aero position is not a problem. NK1K is pretty low with zero stack cover too, so I don´t think RB1K is that massive difference.

Still curious what is faster on flats, hills and bb stiffer...

ReactiveE

by ReactiveE

kgt wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:50 pm
Ask nestornk. He is a dealer and has good riding experience of both.
I have to say big THANKS to nestornnk, he provided great advices about both bikes.

I will probably go for RB1K. Pity they got rid of great green camouflage paintjob used on the older RB1K :roll:

kgt

by kgt

Good! Keep us updated.
No worries about the color, camo was cool but you would get bored of it soon.

ReactiveE

by ReactiveE

Will post some pics when it arrives.

Although frames are top-notch, actual colors are not that special. Grey and Naked Matt looks the best from the menu, but camo on older models was something really special.

But if they still produce this(limited edition?) paintjob, I am sure they wouldn´t sell any other color anymore :)
Attachments
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ReactiveE

by ReactiveE

RB1K just arrived. Looks very good, but is it normal for this frame in L to tip the scale at 1250g? :shock:
Claimed weight is 950g for M unpainted. OK, I didn´t really expect anything under 1000g, but 300g difference? Even the older ISP versions were lighter.
Could it be the result of using some lower grade carbon, or anything?