2020 Schwalbe Pro One

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
ethanspitz

by ethanspitz

I got it seated. I found that the pressure was up on the compressor, but I had the regulator set to 80 which I didn't look at . Bummed to 110psi on the regulator and it seated immediately. I don't think it would have ever seated with a track pump like many other tires would. But I don't ever need to seat a bead on the roadside anyway, so that doesn't concern me a ton.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nikoras

by Nikoras

spdntrxi wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:58 pm
the best way I can describe it... is it looks like a 10 dollar imitation leather baseball glove.
It seems like they are manufactured like one too. I had a schwalbe tire that didn't even last 2 weeks before it was punctured and couldn't seal. My GP 5k TL's are still going strong after 6 months. The only thing is (and I'm embarrassed to admit this) I couldn't get them on the rim myself. This makes them a bit of a ticking time bomb as if I get a flat I won't be able to put an inner tube in them. Thinking of ditching the whole tubeless setup altogether.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Nikoras wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:49 am
spdntrxi wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:58 pm
the best way I can describe it... is it looks like a 10 dollar imitation leather baseball glove.
It seems like they are manufactured like one too. I had a schwalbe tire that didn't even last 2 weeks before it was punctured and couldn't seal. My GP 5k TL's are still going strong after 6 months. The only thing is (and I'm embarrassed to admit this) I couldn't get them on the rim myself. This makes them a bit of a ticking time bomb as if I get a flat I won't be able to put an inner tube in them. Thinking of ditching the whole tubeless setup altogether.

My GP5Ks were extremely difficult to mount on my ENVEs, but they stretched considerably after use and were easy to unmount.

I currently favor Vittoria Corsa G2.0, but they have some minor issues too. Initial seating requires a compressor or airshot.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Which variant?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:09 am
Which variant?

30mm Corsa Control G2.0 TLR currently. Will probably bump down to 28s to see if I notice a difference. I have 6200km on the rear tire, very close to the end of its life. Still remarkable since I usually don't get more than 4000km out of other tires.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Alexbn921 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:37 pm
akafinto wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:58 pm
Looks like there's some aero data on the 2020 Pro One here:
https://www.parcours.cc/blogs/news/tyre ... generation

Interesting to see it's the most aero option tested. May have to get hold of some now!
I immediately noticed how fast the Pro one’s were at speed compared to the GP5000 TL’s I was running. It felt like I had an extra gear over 20mph. They have a better feel on the road too with rough roads being more muted. They are not as good on bigger bumps though. The Pro one’s are taller and narrower with slightly less air volume in 28.
The GP5000 TL feel faster up to about 10-15mph. They just roll with what feels like no resistance. While both are great tires the edge in grip and ability to make corrections mid corner goes to the Pro one. They inspire more confidence and out right grip seems higher. I’m able to hold a tighter line in 40mph flat out corners.
The best setup might be a GP5000 on the back and a pro one on the front. When I wear out my rear tire I’m going to try out this combo.
Pardon my skepticism, but the difference is way too small to notice. The aero test referenced is at 30mph, which is pretty dang fast. And even then the Schwalbes are just 1.8 watts faster than Conti At 30-35 kph, the aero difference will be down to less than a watt - less than the rolling resistance gap. That is, if that aero difference even carries across between different wheel sets.

The one thing that I found interesting in that test, and it's a bit surprising, was that Corsa's performed quite well - despite the bigger measured size. Odd.

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

aeroisnteverything wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:26 pm
Pardon my skepticism, but the difference is way too small to notice. The aero test referenced is at 30mph, which is pretty dang fast. And even then the Schwalbes are just 1.8 watts faster than Conti At 30-35 kph, the aero difference will be down to less than a watt - less than the rolling resistance gap. That is, if that aero difference even carries across between different wheel sets.

The one thing that I found interesting in that test, and it's a bit surprising, was that Corsa's performed quite well - despite the bigger measured size. Odd.
You quoted me just to say that there is no difference in feel that I would be able to detect. Thanks dude :thumbup: .
Anyway. I like the pro1 in the corners much better than the 5000gp. Overall grip and corner roll in is better. I still stand by my assessment that the pro1 feels fast at speed and slower rolling. Going to try the 5000gp on the back once I need a new back tire.
Ride fast Take chances

justRideIt

by justRideIt

Today I received a 2020 28mm Schwalbe Pro One TLE.
It weighed 268g (claimed 270g) and measures just about 28mm when mounted on Roval CLX 50 and at 6.5bar (95 psi).
So quite true to size and weight.

Unfortunately, that's where the good things end :|
Right out of the box, at one of the bends two layers are disintegrating.
I've reached out to Schwalbe customer support and sent them the picture below to see what they have to say. I'd guess they will ask me to return the tire, I'm so tired of it (pun intended).

Over multiple MTB and road tires, I've been very disappointed by Schwalbe's quality control and also their customer support, always asking to return the tire in advance, which is such a hassle.

I've mounted the tire anyways, I dont think it should be a problem when mounted and inflated, but a flawed product like that should not reach the customer.

Once the set of tires is done, then I am done with Schwalbe... unfortunately not so many choices yet for road tubeless but this should improve.
Conti 5000 is too heavy for my taste :(

Quite happy with the Vittoria Corsa Speed G2.0 in tubeless though.

2020 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc @ 6.35-ish kg: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=159454
2021 Specialized Diverge viewtopic.php?f=10&t=165482

mashiehood

by mashiehood

justRideIt wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:02 pm
Today I received a 2020 28mm Schwalbe Pro One TLE.
It weighed 268g (claimed 270g) and measures just about 28mm when mounted on Roval CLX 50 and at 6.5bar (95 psi).
So quite true to size and weight.

Unfortunately, that's where the good things end :|
Right out of the box, at one of the bends two layers are disintegrating.
I've reached out to Schwalbe customer support and sent them the picture below to see what they have to say. I'd guess they will ask me to return the tire, I'm so tired of it (pun intended).

Over multiple MTB and road tires, I've been very disappointed by Schwalbe's quality control and also their customer support, always asking to return the tire in advance, which is such a hassle.

I've mounted the tire anyways, I dont think it should be a problem when mounted and inflated, but a flawed product like that should not reach the customer.

Once the set of tires is done, then I am done with Schwalbe... unfortunately not so many choices yet for road tubeless but this should improve.
Conti 5000 is too heavy for my taste :(

Quite happy with the Vittoria Corsa Speed G2.0 in tubeless though.

FWIW i would not ride that....

micky

by micky

I second that and by having mounted them Scwalbe might even refuse to give you a warranty replacement.

justRideIt

by justRideIt

I got in touch with Schwalbe. They also said to not use this tire.
They gave me a return label to ship the defective tire (although already mounted) and replaced it w/ a new and flawless one.
They said "sorry!" with a 60ml bottle free-of-charge sealant... well, at least customer support fixed it.

alanyu

by alanyu

justRideIt wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:24 am
I got in touch with Schwalbe. They also said to not use this tire.
They gave me a return label to ship the defective tire (although already mounted) and replaced it w/ a new and flawless one.
They said "sorry!" with a 60ml bottle free-of-charge sealant... well, at least customer support fixed it.
So do they still require you send back first and then they will send you the replacement after receiving it?
60ml sealant v.s at least 4 days without tire... :unbelievable:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

alanyu wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:44 am

So do they still require you send back first and then they will send you the replacement after receiving it?
60ml sealant v.s at least 4 days without tire... :unbelievable:

I mean, he can just buy another tire to use in the meantime? Or if he has a different set of wheels or another bike...

justRideIt

by justRideIt

I also think an advanced shipment of the new tire would've been nice, but that's how Schwalbe handled it.
Return your defective tire first, then they inspect, and in case of manufacturing fault, you get a replacement.

And for sure, I had a spare wheel which I used in the meantime :)

Made for a weird look w/ 50mm deep section in the front, and shallow in the rear ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

I had a problem with one of my Pro1’s and had another one in a week. Filled out a claim and sent in a picture. That tire might warrant a closer inspection, but they should still send you a new one asap.
Ride fast Take chances