New/Prototype SIDI Shot worn by Vincenzo Nibali

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

chorus88

by chorus88

From the GCN Tech youtube video:
Another colour for the 60th anniversary model, Matt Blue/Black (?).
Attachments
Untitled-60th.jpg
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

corky

by corky

guyc wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:00 pm
Less comfy.
For some, more aero for all :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

guyc wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:00 pm
Less comfy.
I agree. Wire fan, but could not get comfy with Shot.

sychen

by sychen

Intriguing... I love my Shot. No issues with top mount dials.
I never use the front dial once set.. Ok with the velco if the shoe is much lighter.
The Shots only downside is the weight... A bit of a chonker.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

chorus88

by chorus88

Rigoberto Uran's twitter

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

I think Sidi's engineers need to be "SHOT"!!

- The heel retention system is why I buy Sidi, I tightened mine almost to the max and the snug feel is especially apparent when out of the saddle or on a hill sprint.
- Velcro, oh mine, tech in regression?? I still remember the Ergo 3 I used to have (my 1st sidi). It had those on and it stopped working after 6 months.
- SHOT, is probably the worst designed model in Sidi range. The twin dial on top is just so un-aero, but what is worst, is almost impossible to open the gap fully to slot in/out your foot. Is a pain to wear that Shot. Just sold it away - Yay!!
- Wire 2 Matt Grey is my favourite pair now.

I've almost 15 pairs of Sidi flagship or top tier models, all bcos of the retention system. And I'm contemplating the Giro Imperial, YES....time to switch out of Sidi :"(

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

That's a bit of an over reaction... Just buy one of the other shoes in the lineup.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

guyc

by guyc

Maybe not write off an entire company for a new shoe that hasn't been released and you haven't actually tried.

chorus88

by chorus88

Nautiboy wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:29 am

- The heel retention system is why I buy Sidi, I tightened mine almost to the max and the snug feel is especially apparent when out of the saddle or on a hill sprint.
- Velcro, oh mine, tech in regression?? I still remember the Ergo 3 I used to have (my 1st sidi). It had those on and it stopped working after 6 months.
- SHOT, is probably the worst designed model in Sidi range. The twin dial on top is just so un-aero, but what is worst, is almost impossible to open the gap fully to slot in/out your foot. Is a pain to wear that Shot. Just sold it away - Yay!!

I've almost 15 pairs of Sidi flagship or top tier models, all bcos of the retention system. And I'm contemplating the Giro Imperial, YES....time to switch out of Sidi :"(
Pics or Fake! :smartass:

ico

by ico

SIDI Shot are great shoes. Of course each to his own, but in my view they are the comfiest shoes I've ever had.

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

chorus88 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:34 pm
Nautiboy wrote:

Please have a little faith in internet, not everyone is out to scam or troll....the whole idea is sharing.....and learning together. I know it may sound a bit "lavishing" by certain standards, but hey.....if pics is what you want...is what you get...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 10.43.37 AM.png

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

guyc wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:12 am
Maybe not write off an entire company for a new shoe that hasn't been released and you haven't actually tried.
ico wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:54 pm
SIDI Shot are great shoes. Of course each to his own, but in my view they are the comfiest shoes I've ever had.
I share your views guys...I'm just saying if the future Sidi Flagship models going Velcro and without Retention system - That will be the deal breaker for me. I'm sure they will not be having these systems filter down to the Mega and lower end models. If they do, I will be most happy to buy it at lower prices : ) :beerchug: :beerchug:

chorus88

by chorus88

Nautiboy wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:46 am
chorus88 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:34 pm
Nautiboy wrote:

Please have a little faith in internet, not everyone is out to scam or troll....the whole idea is sharing.....and learning together. I know it may sound a bit "lavishing" by certain standards, but hey.....if pics is what you want...is what you get...
I've almost 15 pairs of Sidi flagship or top tier models
Pics or Fake! :smartass: :smartass:

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

I agree with Nautiboy. I have 3 pairs of Wire Push shoes with the Tecno 3 dials. I had a feeling something like this might happen so I went a little overboard to make sure I have a supply of my favorite shoe. I love the Vernice (patent leather) look, the heel retention system is absolutely mission critical for me. It actually works as advertised and I would not ride a shoe that doesn't have it. They have also gone to the matte finish on everything, so Vernice seems to be no longer used. I'm pretty confident that with 3 pair I am secure in knowing I will have the proper shoe until I am no longer riding. Pics or didn't happen are somewhere in the cycle chat forum a year or two ago. I have tried on and briefly rode the Shot and I did not like the central dial. The last generation of the Wire was the perfect cycling shoe. I don't care that they are insanely heavy.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I'm the opposite, whilst I don't dislike the heel retention system, it really does little for me. I like the previous shoes without it, it felt like the shoes conformed better rather than with the stiff heel retention system.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com