Is my Campy Chorus 11s 2015+ RD bent?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Catagory6

by Catagory6

i'm sighting the chain as it passes over the sprockets, the lower jockey wheel is off center towards the inside ever so slightly. like the outside of the outer plate as it runs over the lower jockey lines up with the inner side of the outside plate of the chain on the bottom-side of the sprocket, where it leaves the cassette for the upper jockey wheel

i run the RD through the sprockets, in both large and small chainrings, and it lands dead-center of pitch

don't know if any of this makes any sense. i'll try to take a decent photograph

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

Is it shifting poorly?

Catagory6

by Catagory6

Last edited by Catagory6 on Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catagory6

by Catagory6

AJS914 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:20 am
Is it shifting poorly?
well that's a good question. its kind of a wonky setup
see, i'm using a shimano 11s cassette, and the campy record 11s chain (pin width is 5.45+/-) has a KMC 11s missing link (pin width 5.75+/-)
so it does shift fine, when its perfectly set
but i am going to get rid of the missing link and get a campy pin in there
i'm also going to take out the shimano spacers, and put in campy spacers, where there are free-floating spacers in there

DaveS

by DaveS

Always check the hanger alignment first. As for the chain, a Campy pin can only be used on a new chain. Wipperman links are the best, but the kmc link is not your problem. No clue if campy spacers are wise. I use campy cassettes only.

Catagory6

by Catagory6

DaveS wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:44 am
Always check the hanger alignment first. As for the chain, a Campy pin can only be used on a new chain. Wipperman links are the best, but the kmc link is not your problem. No clue if campy spacers are wise. I use campy cassettes only.
recently had the hanger checked, and corrected.
will try a wheel with campy hub/cassette
but i was just wondering about the alignment?
i think i have another bike where the cage looks like its kicked outwards a little?
i dunno?

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

There is a small amount of twist in the cage. So given the photo is not clear it hard to say. Its bard to say with a photo. If you want to know if its faulty first check hanger alignment and then fot a campag cassette. A shop can help there. Then set it up properly if it shifts well all is well. Of it doesn't contact a service centre or your retailer about a possible warranty.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

The upper jockey wheel is the most important. Don't misalign that while trying to fix the lower jockey.

I don't know about campy but if memory serves, shimano and sram derailleur cages appear the straightest in the middle of the cassette. That's when whatever chainline corrections the derailleur is trying to make should be zero and thus be straight.