Hoefer Cycles: Tramontana (6kg steel)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jobvisser

by jobvisser

This bike looks sick, really like the fading color combinations
---> :oops: Send me a pm to order world's lightest low carbon fiber dust covers! (1g) :oops: <---

Slammed

by Slammed

Damn, that's nice. That frame weight is also pretty impressive for regular steel tubes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zac36100

by Zac36100

love the holes in read mech and bottle cage
They looks like when we drill hole in scooter to make it "faster"?

LewisK

by LewisK

Surprised you haven't drilled the rims ;-) Stunning bike btw!

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Fantastic build! I'm intrigued by your decision to use a BB mounted rear brake, rather than a DM brake, mounted on the seatstays. Not criticizing, just curious.

hoefercycles
in the industry

by hoefercycles

FIJIGabe wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:28 pm
Fantastic build! I'm intrigued by your decision to use a BB mounted rear brake, rather than a DM brake, mounted on the seatstays. Not criticizing, just curious.
The tall chainstays and proximity to the bb shell will make for a stiffer platform for the brake vs a seatstay mount. I doubt I would have been able to use 0.7mm wall thickness seatstays had I been hanging a brake on them.

My own personal view is that seatstays are required to exist, but only just barely, and I try to use them as flourish to add some interesting visual character to the bike rather than calling on them to perform work better suited to other tubes. All disc brake frames I build utilize a low-mount for the same reason. That and I think low-mount calipers give a cleaner bike overall; better cable runs (no large swooping arcs up from the chainstay or single lines run along otherwise naked seatstays).
-Donald

brusselsprouts

by brusselsprouts

Absolutely stunning!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

colster

by colster

WOW! Probably the most original build that's been posted on here for a while, chapeau sir!
Do you have weights for components pre and post drilling?

flying

by flying

Very Nice :thumbup:

Congrats :beerchug:

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

hoefercycles wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:40 pm
FIJIGabe wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:28 pm
The tall chainstays and proximity to the bb shell will make for a stiffer platform for the brake vs a seatstay mount. I doubt I would have been able to use 0.7mm wall thickness seatstays had I been hanging a brake on them.

My own personal view is that seatstays are required to exist, but only just barely, and I try to use them as flourish to add some interesting visual character to the bike rather than calling on them to perform work better suited to other tubes. All disc brake frames I build utilize a low-mount for the same reason. That and I think low-mount calipers give a cleaner bike overall; better cable runs (no large swooping arcs up from the chainstay or single lines run along otherwise naked seatstays).
I can appreciate your reasons. Others on the board have been critical of the BB mounted brakes, in the past, but I've never had an issue with them. The build is definitely very nice!

micky

by micky

I didnt have any issue with BB rear brake as long as I had a very stiff wheel (lw) anyway totally understand the owner's decision and the result is surely stunning!
Loving it!

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

very nice, i am assuming you did the drilling for aesthetic reasons, given that you do not need to save every little microgram on a steel bike.

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Superb build... everything is as it should and looked flawlessly executed :beerchug:

Hint: and perfectly my size, just changed 70.8mm seat-belt :wink:

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

What a beauty!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

synchronicity

by synchronicity

I am not a fan of the drillium approach. Sorry!
even despite that, impressively low weight considering the steel frame.
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.