Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kolau

by kolau

Nautiboy wrote:
csc.jpg
That will be my next project and scheduled to complete in Dec 2019 - 6.3kg all in including pedals. My last 2015 Addict SL was 5.5kg, and it was way too light to ride sensibly but was my very 1st weight weenie project - so I had my fun and learned a lot from it.

This Scott RC2020 is really interesting.....hope it rides well, will update once is built.

Cheers
Hi, I think you are too optimistic about the weight...

I ordered the RC Ultimate frameset (delivery in january 2020 here in Spain).

I'll mount a full 9170 DA with Syncros Capital 1 wheeels (not too light but not bad at 1530g), elite leggero bottle cages, look keo blade ti pedals and a selle italia tekno sp01 saddle.

On my excel, it was about 6.8 kg

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

g32ecs

by g32ecs

kolau wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:21 pm
Nautiboy wrote:csc.jpg

That will be my next project and scheduled to complete in Dec 2019 - 6.3kg all in including pedals. My last 2015 Addict SL was 5.5kg, and it was way too light to ride sensibly but was my very 1st weight weenie project - so I had my fun and learned a lot from it.

This Scott RC2020 is really interesting.....hope it rides well, will update once is built.

Cheers

I'll mount a full 9170 DA with Syncros Capital 1 wheeels (not too light but not bad at 1530g), elite leggero bottle cages, look keo blade ti pedals and a selle italia tekno sp01 saddle.

How much was your frameset inc. discount if they gave you one?

kolau

by kolau

g32ecs wrote:
kolau wrote:

Cheers

2400 euro + 440 for the bar stem combo

g32ecs

by g32ecs

kolau wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:16 pm
g32ecs wrote:
kolau wrote:

Cheers

2400 euro + 440 for the bar stem combo

-this is regular price correct?
-when you say bar stem combo I'm assuming you bought the Syncros Creston?
-do you know how much offset does the stock seat post has?

kolau

by kolau

2400 for the ultimate, its 3k regular price

Yes, Creston combo

Not sure about the seatpost

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Hmm I'm also hoping for a 20% off on the frame, but this is the Ultimate version, I just want the RC Pro.

Post pictures once you get it

PS
January 2020 is insane. For something they announced July and delivery 6mos later? Cannondale was ready to ship sooner when they announced at the same time. I have yet to find independent reviews for the new Addict which in itself is frustrating. That Cannondale thread is full of happy owners already

kolau

by kolau

g32ecs wrote:Hmm I'm also hoping for a 20% off on the frame, but this is the Ultimate version, I just want the RC Pro.

Post pictures once you get it

PS
January 2020 is insane. For something they announced July and delivery 6mos later? Cannondale was ready to ship sooner when they announced at the same time. I have yet to find independent reviews for the new Addict which in itself is frustrating. That Cannondale thread is full of happy owners already
Totally agree, 6 months for delivery its a lot

I think the RC Pro will be available "sooner" In mid december.

HMX complete bikes are planned for delivery on november.

Scott seems to have different delivery policies for every country. There are a few bike shops in Portugal and Thailand with bikes and frames in stock, but none in Spain

pmprego

by pmprego

mrlobber wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:09 pm
g32ecs wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:33 pm
For the non ICS ones the stem is 240g + Syncros Bars 280g . The Creston ICS is 280g (apparently, I'm not sure if that's correct), and if Competitive Cyclist is pricing the Aero ones at $400 which is 380g, then I can assume it'll be more than that. If I ditch the stock stem and bars it'll be paperweight as they go hand in hand - the bars have a hole that connects to the stem for the cables, so you cant really use just either/or. It'll be hard to resell them.
If you buy frameset only (Scott sells them, and actually for relatively nice price), it does not come with the bars, so (by paying extra, of course, for them) you can probably spec whichever size you need.

280g is nicely light (think 180g bars + 100g stem), unless Scott quotes this weight for 90/380 combo, which, of course, will grow by by some 30g at least when choosing 110/420, for instance.
How much is the frameset only? Any idea? I can't find that figure anywhere.

pmprego

by pmprego

pmprego wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:14 pm
mrlobber wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:09 pm
g32ecs wrote:
For the non ICS ones the stem is 240g + Syncros Bars 280g . The Creston ICS is 280g (apparently, I'm not sure if that's correct), and if Competitive Cyclist is pricing the Aero ones at $400 which is 380g, then I can assume it'll be more than that. If I ditch the stock stem and bars it'll be paperweight as they go hand in hand - the bars have a hole that connects to the stem for the cables, so you cant really use just either/or. It'll be hard to resell them.
If you buy frameset only (Scott sells them, and actually for relatively nice price), it does not come with the bars, so (by paying extra, of course, for them) you can probably spec whichever size you need.

280g is nicely light (think 180g bars + 100g stem), unless Scott quotes this weight for 90/380 combo, which, of course, will grow by by some 30g at least when choosing 110/420, for instance.
How much is the frameset only? Any idea? I can't find that figure anywhere.
Responded!

DDDJDD

by DDDJDD

g32ecs wrote:
My heart jump when I saw this ressurected. I thought someone had purchased one and some real photos. I can literally say I've only seen 1 person on Insta who has one.

Anyway, same conundrum @DDDJDD though I'm only looking at the 10 or 20. I think I've narrowed down one porky thing on this bike - it's the cockpit.

https://www.scott-sports.com/ca/en/prod ... 4100135372

I'm wondering if I should start considering the SuperSix now. I can have a clean cockpit with a cover as shown with some pro bikes that dont use the Cdale ones and it'll cost less. I'm looking at the SRAM Force build, it's 750 more in my area but I get better wheels and perhaps a lighter bike all stock?
Not sure where you are located, and I don’t think I’ve seen a definitive price on the Addicts yet. However, Contender Bicycles out of Salt Lake City, Utah has the Addict RC 20 listed at $4,800 USD. The force AXS Supersix looks to go for $6,500.

Contender also has an Addict RC 10 listed at $4,800 though, so that’s making me question he prices. That seems like some of the best prices I’ve seen for new bikes equipped with force AXS or dura ace.

I am really curious about the stock syncros wheels. I don’t think I’ve seen much on how they perform or even weight and outer width.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Im in Canada.

$4800 you said? With our exchange we're getting shafted a full $1255 USD with the exchange. Im heavily considering getting this frame or bike overseas or cross border. I made a calculation few pages back, check it out. Only way I'm getting this locally is myy LBS shows me some love.

Definitely the best price DA/Force equipped bikes. I've been looking around, only the SS Evo Force is the comparison and around my way it's $750 more.

What sets these "lower speccd" bikes back are the handlebars and the wheelset. It's an instant $1700 out of your pocket to get anywhere competitive weight wise, so if you add that in, you'd have to find something in the $6500 territory really (I find Specialized bikes spec their bikes well, but the price tag isnt attractive)

Anyway, here are the wheels. They would make awesome bomb proof training wheels:

https://www.syncros.com/ca/en/product/s ... wheel-rear

https://www.theproscloset.com/products/ ... c-wheelset

lexlion

by lexlion

DDDJDD wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:17 am

Not sure where you are located, and I don’t think I’ve seen a definitive price on the Addicts yet. However, Contender Bicycles out of Salt Lake City, Utah has the Addict RC 20 listed at $4,800 USD. The force AXS Supersix looks to go for $6,500.

Contender also has an Addict RC 10 listed at $4,800 though, so that’s making me question he prices. That seems like some of the best prices I’ve seen for new bikes equipped with force AXS or dura ace.

I am really curious about the stock syncros wheels. I don’t think I’ve seen much on how they perform or even weight and outer width.
Those prices are correct. Looks like mech DA has the same price point as Force AXS. As for Syncros wheels, I believe they have DT internals and are on the heavier side.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Has anyone gotten one? Or seen one in flesh?

I called a US retailer and said Jan-Mar delivery for framesets (for the Ultimate version at least) and no date for the Creston handlebars. So shitty of Scott I gotta say.

Anyway, a couple of vids on YT has them in action:

https://youtu.be/vFfW4Vp2J8U

https://youtu.be/3djH46C1UOI

Too bad the latter is in French

M4lukz

by M4lukz

g32ecs wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:31 pm
Has anyone gotten one? Or seen one in flesh?

I called a US retailer and said Jan-Mar delivery for framesets (for the Ultimate version at least) and no date for the Creston handlebars. So shitty of Scott I gotta say.

Anyway, a couple of vids on YT has them in action:

https://youtu.be/vFfW4Vp2J8U

https://youtu.be/3djH46C1UOI

Too bad the latter is in French
I've already seen a photo of one in the roads of Portugal, from a friend of a colleague of mine. Delivery times over here are quite short AFAIK

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

siim

by siim

This guy has been riding one for almost a month now: https://www.instagram.com/priitsalumae/
Of course he works at local dealer but sample bikes are out in the shop to check out. Stock will probably arrive over the winter, preordering has started. Here's the price list: https://www.hawaii.ee/et/scott-alacarte ... tlusrattad