Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

slashy

by slashy

Found a new colourway via google yesterday for the frameset (color called Siena, like dark burgundy) i'm trying to retrieve it again

slashy

by slashy

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Does anybody have a size 56?

Can anybody tell me what is that maximum height from Center of BB to Saddle. I know that the standard seatpost is a 330mm length, but was wondering what is the max height the seatpost with saddle can be extended to without going over the monimum insert line?
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

Hoven

by Hoven

Maybe this can answer Your question.
alexneumuller wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:28 pm

Can anybody tell me what is that maximum height from Center of BB to Saddle. I know that the standard seatpost is a 330mm length, but was wondering what is the max height the seatpost with saddle can be extended to without going over the monimum insert line?
Attachments
079B25D0-47E5-4CD3-9F25-693B99795931.jpeg

hernejj

by hernejj

slashy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:39 am
you can find it here https://images.app.goo.gl/UfzxoipixnXiyknr8
According to the image this Himod frameset will cost $4799 and be available in November of 2019. Personally, I'm not sure the Himod frame is worth a $1,500 premium over the standard 105 bike. $1,5000 nets you ... ~200g saved?

S6ED

by S6ED

slashy wrote:
Yet another odd colour for the new Evo. Burgundy for a road racing bike!? What are they thinking at Cannondale?

S6ED

by S6ED

hernejj wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:35 pm
slashy wrote:
According to the image this Himod frameset will cost $4799 and be available in November of 2019. Personally, I'm not sure the Himod frame is worth a $1,500 premium over the standard 105 bike. $1,5000 nets you ... ~200g saved?
It's the law of diminishing returns. In any case, you can get the HiMod frameset for €3200 or even less in Europe.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

That's $4799 Australian dollars, not US... so even less than €3000.

Personally, I really like that copper/sienna/whatever color! Different from the boring sea of black, white, red bikes out there...
Last edited by Dan Gerous on Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

floriansantana

by floriansantana

alexneumuller wrote:

Seat tube length for the 56 is 536 mm. Seatpost is 330 mm. Minimum insert is 65 mm. That makes 801 mm without the saddle. Depending on your saddle you should be able around 81 to 82 cm max saddle height.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

Macallan

by Macallan

Macallan wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:19 pm
I’ve got a SS Evo Carbon Disc Ultegra size 62 on order, due to be delivered in a week from now (hopefully, at last, it took >2months!!)
[...]
Got my SS Evo two weeks ago, upgraded the cranks & seatpost(-->carbon) & saddle without problems. First rides were very nice & I like it a lot.

One minor issue: The seat post clamp creaks like hell when tightened with 6 Nm, and creaks less but is not tight enough at 5 Nm. Checked it and found that the nut plate (inside the frame, attached with adhesive tape) is loose and rotated a bit, so that might be the reason. This potential issue is actually described in the manual on page 17 and they say it's a dealer's job to fix it. Will contact my bike shop about this. Has anyone else experienced this?

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Perfekt....at the Limit....but with my saddle it works.
floriansantana wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:

Seat tube length for the 56 is 536 mm. Seatpost is 330 mm. Minimum insert is 65 mm. That makes 801 mm without the saddle. Depending on your saddle you should be able around 81 to 82 cm max saddle height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

S6ED

by S6ED

Macallan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:33 pm
Macallan wrote:
I’ve got a SS Evo Carbon Disc Ultegra size 62 on order, due to be delivered in a week from now (hopefully, at last, it took >2months!!)
[...]
Got my SS Evo two weeks ago, upgraded the cranks & seatpost(-->carbon) & saddle without problems. First rides were very nice & I like it a lot.

One minor issue: The seat post clamp creaks like hell when tightened with 6 Nm, and creaks less but is not tight enough at 5 Nm. Checked it and found that the nut plate (inside the frame, attached with adhesive tape) is loose and rotated a bit, so that might be the reason. This potential issue is actually described in the manual on page 17 and they say it's a dealer's job to fix it. Will contact my bike shop about this. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have no experience with the new Evo. Could you perhaps post a picture of the relevant page(s) of the manual?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

S6ED wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:16 pm
Macallan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:33 pm
Macallan wrote:
[...]

I have no experience with the new Evo. Could you perhaps post a picture of the relevant page(s) of the manual?
If the nut plate is loose indeed, it should be fixed, easy job, clean all the surfaces well, and put the plate back with new double-faced tape, you can get it through the dealer but I'm thinking any strong adhesive double face tape cut to the same shape should work as well.

While there, make sure the wedge is greased properly also. Basically, the surface facing the seatpost needs carbon paste, but all other surfaces and threads should be well greased.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 14.26.07.png

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

Does the Caad 13 use the same seat clamp system? If so, that makes me not wanna buy it...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Lieblingsleguan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:53 pm
Does the Caad 13 use the same seat clamp system? If so, that makes me not wanna buy it...
Yes but, it's not usual to have it come loose, normally the plate is permanently fixed, I'm thinking Macallan's issue is due to an improperly install from the factory, greasy fingers or dirty bonding surface who knows, the dealer should take care of it.