New Specialized Tarmac 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sgtrobo

by sgtrobo

Broady wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:22 am
xylar wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:48 am
Started appearing in UK retailers with 3 colourways at £5,249! :shock: That's an extra £1000 over last years model with no upgrades? https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Specia ... -2020/NVWU
Ha, that grey / yellow looks tempting - my current paint job : https://i.imgur.com/7ZwZvs9.jpg
that's pretty badass!

as for me, this is the colorway I'm getting:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1eZK8ZFHB6/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sgtrobo

by sgtrobo

looks like the new Tarmacs are finally on Specialized's page

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/tarma ... 675-171350

Miles253

by Miles253

sgtrobo wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:33 am
looks like the new Tarmacs are finally on Specialized's page

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/tarma ... 675-171350
That pink one is pretty nice!
Specialized S-Works Venge Disc | 7.8kg
Rose Backroad | 9kg (Deceased R.I.P.)
Canyon Ultimate CF SL | 7.7kg

https://www.findyourroad.co.uk/
Instagram: @miles_bc

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Miles253 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:10 am
That pink one is pretty nice!
Photos don't do it justice. It's less pink and more grayish than photos. The UV part is a stunning.

Gary71

by Gary71

Broady wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:22 am
xylar wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:48 am
Started appearing in UK retailers with 3 colourways at £5,249! :shock: That's an extra £1000 over last years model with no upgrades? https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Specia ... -2020/NVWU
Ha, that grey / yellow looks tempting - my current paint job : https://i.imgur.com/7ZwZvs9.jpg
Nah - stick with the Feather. that bike looks sweet :thumbup:

jaybrummett

by jaybrummett

moonoi wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:26 pm
ome rodriguez wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:45 pm
Just about to go and pay a deposit for this colour at my LBS, now that they confirmed they can get it in rimbrake for me 8)

Have to wait until Dec/Jan for it to arrive though
Here is one out of the box. A little darker than expected but stil looks great.
Attachments
IMG_0943.jpg

chiumomo

by chiumomo

Is that rim brake version?

jaybrummett

by jaybrummett

It is a disc brake version. I took it out for the first ride yesterday. I will say the lettering on mine is greenish at most angles.
Attachments
IMG_0974.jpg

AMGRoadster

by AMGRoadster

It is time for a new road bike. The S Works Tarmac Disc is currently at the top of my list. Can anyone confirm the differences between the 2019 & 2020? Besides color options. I am probably making a bigger deal about it than I should but the untidy brake lines & wires really bothers me. Yes, it can be cleaned up some with different handlebars but it is still not great. I really wish the cockpit was as clean as the one on the Venge.

citrusparty

by citrusparty

AMGRoadster wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:10 am
It is time for a new road bike. The S Works Tarmac Disc is currently at the top of my list. Can anyone confirm the differences between the 2019 & 2020? Besides color options. I am probably making a bigger deal about it than I should but the untidy brake lines & wires really bothers me. Yes, it can be cleaned up some with different handlebars but it is still not great. I really wish the cockpit was as clean as the one on the Venge.
Next year's model is fully integrated if you can wait that long. There were pictures in this thread about a month ago but have since been deleted

AMGRoadster

by AMGRoadster

citrusparty wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:36 am
Next year's model is fully integrated if you can wait that long. There were pictures in this thread about a month ago but have since been deleted
Thanks, waiting has been a thought. Especially with Dura Ace most likely moving to 12 speed. We are talking about what, a June'ish release? That is going to be a rough weight. Especially given some of the pricing available right now. In the long run I would probably be happier if I can manage to hold off.

I did not see the pictures of the Prototype. I have been away from WW since I completed my last build and finished all the tweaks.

I have always ridden Italian bikes and have not been a huge Specialized fan. Until the release of the Tarmac SL6 and the current Venge.

K4m1k4z3

by K4m1k4z3

AMGRoadster wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:37 am
I did not see the pictures of the Prototype. I have been away from WW since I completed my last build and finished all the tweaks.
Basically a Venge on a diet. The hoses/wires run under the stem into a proprietary headset spacer. New seatpost with Di2 integration underneath the seatclamp (like the Venge but slimmer). Same aero-optimized seatstay-seattube junction as Venge.
'24 S-Works Tarmac SL8 RTP - soon™
'22 Tarmac SL7 Expert | Ultegra R8100 | Alpinist CL / Custom Rapide CLX 2x60
'19 Diverge E5 Comp
'18 Epic HT Comp Carbon WMN
'18 TCR Adv Pro 1 Disc

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

AMGRoadster wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:10 am
2019 and 2020, no differences, other than color...
AMGRoadster wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:37 am
Thanks, waiting has been a thought. Especially with Dura Ace most likely moving to 12 speed. We are talking about what, a June'ish release? That is going to be a rough weight. Especially given some of the pricing available right now. In the long run I would probably be happier if I can manage to hold off.
There's nothing officially announced and there's no guaranteed certainty that a new bike is coming, but Specialized has been pretty good about updating on a 3 year cycle. Normally for the Tarmac it would be officially released at the TDF, with some prototype test bikes being ridden by a rider or two at the Dauphine and Suisse. There's usually a limited release to the public at that time with the top tier dealers getting small numbers to sell... usually its only S-Works.. full bikes, not framesets, considered a 2021. Expect to see frame sets and lower models bike late August/early September. As for DA going 12 speed... I've not seen anything that suggest that. There have been NO sightings of any pro teams testing a 12 speed Shimano groupset and in the past we've seen signs of that prior to a release to the public...

AMGRoadster

by AMGRoadster

Thanks everyone for bringing me up to speed. I now understand the discussion of the moved junction box, etc. I did not realize they were talking about the 2021 and not the 2020.

Should have probably phrased the comment about the DA 12 speed differently. I have seen some published speculation on it but have not looked into it. I would prefer SRAM etap AXS if it was not for the chainrings and PM being a single unit.

That is a long wait for the 2021's. Not sure if I will be able to hold out that long. Especially since my "good" bike is out of commission due to frame damage.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xylar

by xylar

What do you think would be the maximum discount on 2019 Tarmac SL6? Found one at 21% off. Worth holding out?