Experience with Katusha Jerseys?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

okimy

by okimy

I'm looking to get a new jersey and Katusha is one of the hot contenders. Since there aren't many reviews online I am interested if some of you have anything to say about their jerseys. Something about the Superlight jerseys would be best (I like that they're a bit louder than many others) but any information (fit, durability, etc.) is appreciated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

osw000

by osw000

Jez, just found out that Katusha is an apparel brand. Not just another "how-knows-what-they-sell" WT team sponsor.
Can't help. But stay away Alpecin caffeine shampoo, it doesn't work.

okimy

by okimy

osw000 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:07 pm
But stay away Alpecin caffeine shampoo, it doesn't work.
Luckily no one in my family has a history of premature hair loss and I'm not at that age yet.

northwestern

by northwestern

osw000 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:07 pm
Jez, just found out that Katusha is an apparel brand. Not just another "how-knows-what-they-sell" WT team sponsor.
Can't help. But stay away Alpecin caffeine shampoo, it doesn't work.

I agree. I used it in the shower every morning but I still had to drink coffee. :lol:

Lewn777

by Lewn777

Alpacin shampoo does work a bit. It can revive dieing hair follicals, but not dead ones. If you're already bald you are outta luck, but if you're in the early stages of thinning it might work for some people. Not sure why anyone would want a cycle jersey that advertises a baldness cure shampoo unless they were paid to wear it.

PeytonM

by PeytonM

okimy wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:39 pm
I'm looking to get a new jersey and Katusha is one of the hot contenders. Since there aren't many reviews online I am interested if some of you have anything to say about their jerseys. Something about the Superlight jerseys would be best (I like that they're a bit louder than many others) but any information (fit, durability, etc.) is appreciated.
Ok I have one katusha jersey + bibs

Jersey is a light/climbers type. Durability is good, I like the fit, long sleeves short torso (short at front average at rear). Feels nice on and keeps me cool in hot weather. Pockets good. Zipper is poor/average, works but hard to start and operate one handed. Sizing is normal matches up well with my other jerseys.

Bibs didn’t work for me, uncomfortable in front section and legs to short.

I also have summer gloves and winter shell gloves. Both very good. Haven’t tried many other brands of winter gloves but the summer gloves are my favorite compared to assos endura craft.

okimy

by okimy

PeytonM wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:24 am
okimy wrote:

Jersey is a light/climbers type. Durability is good, I like the fit, long sleeves short torso (short at front average at rear). Feels nice on and keeps me cool in hot weather. Pockets good. Zipper is poor/average, works but hard to start and operate one handed. Sizing is normal matches up well with my other jerseys.

I also have summer gloves and winter shell gloves. Both very good. Haven’t tried many other brands of winter gloves but the summer gloves are my favorite compared to assos endura craft.
Thanks for your answer. I wasn't looking at bibs anyway, since I have found some that work for me. The additional info about gloves is appreciated, I was looking at those aswell. The zipper probably won't be too much of a problem for me, since I don't use it that much apart from putting it on.

PeytonM

by PeytonM

okimy wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:45 pm
PeytonM wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:24 am
okimy wrote:

Thanks for your answer. I wasn't looking at bibs anyway, since I have found some that work for me. The additional info about gloves is appreciated, I was looking at those aswell. The zipper probably won't be too much of a problem for me, since I don't use it that much apart from putting it on.
The zipper is ok, it’s just not castelli good

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com