Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robeambro

by robeambro

refthimos wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:51 pm
robeambro wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:36 am
Scott managed to design such a better looking product than Cannondale did. Just y'all look at these two.
In fairness to Cannondale, the Knot cockpit:

(1) Makes travel / servicing your bike easier
(2) Makes it easier for dealers and consumers to get the correct fit - two piece system vs one piece system is inherently more flexible
(3) Is less expensive than integrated carbon cockpits

But it sure is heavy!
Honestly I care little about the weight, it’s just that it’s so ugly. I don’t doubt it may be highly functional, but I just can’t look at the thing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

furiousferret

by furiousferret

Dan Gerous wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:31 pm
furiousferret wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:19 pm
While all this stuff is designed proprietary, it does seem like if you got a Syncros cockpit and threw it on your Evo, one could design a good transition spacer to make it look clean.

I'm not sure how much that would cost to send it to a shop and have them figure it out, but it would be worth it to eliminate the janky look.

Also, how many grams are we talking for a weight penalty for the Knot cockpit? They don't post the weights anywhere.
Someone could 3D print some spacers... Thought about that, for the Canyon bars... I'd rather have the wires/hoses in an accessible recess and not fully internal like the Syncros, much easier to put it in a bike box. Plus I don't like the Y shape of the Syncros, the Canyon looks much nicer IMO.

The KNOT cockpit weights were posted a while ago, 288.8gr for the stem/bolt/spacers and 292.6gr for the bar, taken off a 56 or 58 bike... :shock: That's why they don't mention it! :mrgreen:
Since its aero I'd be willing to let it slide to an extent, but those numbers are unacceptable. That's 180 grams heavier than the Metron.

I know cycling has gone away from weight and placed aero above all else, but that doesn't mean its okay to use aero boat anchors.

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

robeambro wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:15 pm
refthimos wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:51 pm
robeambro wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:36 am
Scott managed to design such a better looking product than Cannondale did. Just y'all look at these two.
In fairness to Cannondale, the Knot cockpit:

(1) Makes travel / servicing your bike easier
(2) Makes it easier for dealers and consumers to get the correct fit - two piece system vs one piece system is inherently more flexible
(3) Is less expensive than integrated carbon cockpits

But it sure is heavy!
Honestly I care little about the weight, it’s just that it’s so ugly. I don’t doubt it may be highly functional, but I just can’t look at the thing.
Agree 1000%

novalrasidi

by novalrasidi

refthimos wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:08 pm
furiousferret wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:18 pm
I've been looking into cockpit options for a 105 disc and I really want to have the cables hidden. I know 2 options are the Metron and Knot, but the Metron isn't as 'clean' and then Knot is heavy.
My EVO3 Disc is on its way and I plan on replacing the Knot cockpit as well. Other options for a bar/stem that route cables internally to the front of the head tube are the Wilier Alabarda and the upcoming Syncros Creston iC SL (featured on the Addict RC Ultimate). Assuming the Creston features a 1 1/8" clamp diameter, that's the leading contender for my bike. I couldn't get that info out of Syncros - they said they couldn't provide until November.

Another option would be something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-T800-In ... x0owyaWGjQ
I just ordered blackinc barstem, I have no idea how it sits with the spacer etc 😐, thought?

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Is it just me bing blind?
But i don't see that ebay bar's stem angle.

Gary71

by Gary71

Well photos 7 & 8 show that this bar / stem combo has definitely cleaned things up :shock:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 7.16.38 am.png

refthimos

by refthimos

novalrasidi wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:53 pm
I just ordered blackinc barstem, I have no idea how it sits with the spacer etc 😐, thought?
The Black Inc bar/stem exits the cables at the handlebars, not towards the "stem" near the headtube. Hopefully you can still get relatively clean cable routing.

I'm guessing you would need to shave/grind down the top Cannondale spacer to get it to match up with the bottom of the Black Inc bar/stem, then it's a question of how the overhead profile of the bar/stem matches with the overhead profile of the Cannondale spacer.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

novalrasidi

by novalrasidi

refthimos wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:43 pm
novalrasidi wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:53 pm
The Black Inc bar/stem exits the cables at the handlebars, not towards the "stem" near the headtube. Hopefully you can still get relatively clean cable routing.

I'm guessing you would need to shave/grind down the top Cannondale spacer to get it to match up with the bottom of the Black Inc bar/stem, then it's a question of how the overhead profile of the bar/stem matches with the overhead profile of the Cannondale spacer.
O I see, appreciate

Discodan

by Discodan

Our Korean mechanic friend seems to now be selling his stopper conversion kits to run mechanical shifting with internal cable routing. I was going to get the 105 bike and go etap22 but the ultegra bike and this kit could be a viable option.

I will see if I can find pricing and how to actually buy it

https://m.blog.naver.com/mtbkim/221611972147

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

Discodan wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:36 pm
Our Korean mechanic friend seems to now be selling his stopper conversion kits to run mechanical shifting with internal cable routing. I was going to get the 105 bike and go etap22 but the ultegra bike and this kit could be a viable option.

Does it work on other bikes?

Discodan

by Discodan

CAAD8FRED wrote:
Discodan wrote:

No, just the SuperSix. It works by replacing the entry plate where the cables used to enter the downtube with a machine cable-stop block and you then route the cables in through the head tube port at the front

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Discodan wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:02 pm
CAAD8FRED wrote:
Discodan wrote:

No, just the SuperSix. It works by replacing the entry plate where the cables used to enter the downtube with a machine cable-stop block and you then route the cables in through the head tube port at the front

It should work on the SystemSix too, same switchplate, same opening in front of the headtube.

Mr. A

by Mr. A

Discodan wrote:

Really cool! Please share if you have more info.

What I wonder: Is there any risk that the cables would touch or rub the steeringtube? Or is this physically not possible due to the frame design?

bibirider8

by bibirider8

[/quote]

Really cool! Please share if you have more info.

What I wonder: Is there any risk that the cables would touch or rub the steeringtube? Or is this physically not possible due to the frame design?
[/quote]

Good reflexion!! I would do that too. Protect the steeringtube with a road inner tube

floriansantana

by floriansantana

bibirider8 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:43 am
Good reflexion!! I would do that too. Protect the steeringtube with a road inner tube
The cables will not rub against the steerertube (or what I think you mean the shaft of the fork), because the channel for the cables and the actual steerertube are seperated. You will have to do some quite heavy bends to integrate the shifter cables though, so not sure about the shifting quality.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com